Star Wars: Clone Wars Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

Why was Shaak Ti not taken in the series and taken in the movie.

DarthFreeza

[21]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 23
    swtt wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Ok, here's the full story:

Shaak Ti was supposed to be killed by Greivous aboard the Invisible Hand as in the deleted scenes originally. Lucas had planned for the makers of this series (Clone Wars) to have her and the chancellor kidnapped by Greivous together but nobody had told the makers of the show to have Ti kidnapped aswell. The scene where Greivous killed Shaak in episode III had already been filmed so they cut it out of the movie so that it wouldn't lead to confusion.

Then, Lucas filmed a scene where Shaak Ti is killed by Anakin in the Jedi Temple. It was originally cut out because of time restraints but Lucas stated later that Shaak Ti being killed by Anakin was not canon (part of the continuality). So in the end Shaak Ti's fate was left unknown. Now, the upcoming video game The Force Unleashed will feature Shaak Ti and will show that Ti survived order 66 and was not killed at all in episode III. Whether or not she will die in The Force Unleashed is unkonwn at the moment.

Yeah, but I'm facing toward the foce unleashed I read where she was killed. Stabbed in the chest then fell in a mouth of a sarlac pit. Which I absoultley think is ridiculous. She should of survived, she's better than that.
    I'm not sure I understand you. She never falls into a Sarlaak Pit (unless you're saying that will happen in The Force Unleashed) . . .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

swtt

[22]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 18
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    swtt wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Shaak Ti was supposed to be killed by Greivous aboard the Invisible Hand as in the deleted scenes originally. Lucas had planned for the makers of this series (Clone Wars) to have her and the chancellor kidnapped by Greivous together but nobody had told the makers of the show to have Ti kidnapped aswell. The scene where Greivous killed Shaak in episode III had already been filmed so they cut it out of the movie so that it wouldn't lead to confusion.

Then, Lucas filmed a scene where Shaak Ti is killed by Anakin in the Jedi Temple. It was originally cut out because of time restraints but Lucas stated later that Shaak Ti being killed by Anakin was not canon (part of the continuality). So in the end Shaak Ti's fate was left unknown. Now, the upcoming video game The Force Unleashed will feature Shaak Ti and will show that Ti survived order 66 and was not killed at all in episode III. Whether or not she will die in The Force Unleashed is unkonwn at the moment.

Yeah, but I'm facing toward the foce unleashed I read where she was killed. Stabbed in the chest then fell in a mouth of a sarlac pit. Which I absoultley think is ridiculous. She should of survived, she's better than that.
    I'm not sure I understand you. She never falls into a Sarlaak Pit (unless you're saying that will happen in The Force Unleashed) . . .

Thats what I heard on wikipedia, unless it isn't true which I hope it isn't true. Anyways the character has gone way to far for such a silly death by an amature.

DarthFreeza

[23]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 23
    swtt wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    swtt wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

Thats what I heard on wikipedia, unless it isn't true which I hope it isn't true. Anyways the character has gone way to far for such a silly death by an amature.
    Agreed.