Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Darkness on Umbara

Aired Saturday 9:30 AM Oct 28, 2011 on Cartoon Network

• As part of a key strategy, the 501st under General Skywalker were assigned to take the capital of Umbara, however during the battle Pong Krell arrives to relieve Skywalker and becomes the head of the 501st, much to the dismay of the clones!

Wow what can I say, but wow!!! One of the best episodes in the entire series, let alone season! The epic scale of this battle rivaled Landing at point rain (season 2) and may I say bettered it in my opinion.
    The use of sentient beings did not bother me at all, on the contrary I thought it worked well and they really did appear to be shadowry. The epic battle scale in the first act was breath-taking, especially with the walkers blasting through and trampling on umbarans. Even the use of an alien plant was cool, eating the clones up from the ground.
    The rapport between the clones was very intriguing to me, I loved it. The clones really showed loyalty and care for one another and showed trust to both Anakin Skywalker and Captain Rex.
    The arrival of Pong Krell should have been great for the clones, but Pong Krell was vicious and authorative. He believed the clones were nothing but expendable. He involved putting them in battle strategies which were more than likely going to destroy and kill the clones.
    For the first time I was realising that the clones were "men", as Rex put it, which was very thought provoking and emotional which I really liked in how serious this episode was, touching real world like situations.

Overall, a fine episode which was real class. I gave it 9.5/10 because I believe this Umbara arc will be some of the best, if not the best story arc in this season/series. People complaining about gungans and the droid adventures should regret what they said and realise that this show is probably the best tv series, animation and story wise out there. I mean come on, its STAR WARS!!!