Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2014)

"Citadel Rescue" Discussion Thread

zepherous35

[1]Mar 8, 2011
    • level: 26

Discuss the March 11th, 2011 episode "Citadel Rescue".

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zepherous35

[2]Mar 11, 2011

I hope this is a good conclusion to what is essentially a filler arc.

captaintombatch

[3]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 32
    zepherous35 wrote:

I hope this is a good conclusion to what is essentially a filler arc.

Yeah me too. Just about to watch it, and I think it'll be the best of the 3-part arc. More Tarkin/Anakin connections that shows the beginning of those two forming the Empire.

zepherous35

[4]Mar 11, 2011

More canon destroyed. Piece of crap episode. 2/10.

captaintombatch

[5]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 32
    I would say that the death of the Jedi Master was a good part of the episode. Yeah, it's not a great arc and that more could have been made of the evil leader of the Citadel.

antdude

[6]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 28
    Lots of actions. I enjoyed the episode.

PutSthCoolHere

[7]Mar 12, 2011
    • level: 7
    Lame episode, it was so easy for them to get off Citadel and I thought droids are more accurate than clones (well they are machines), but from higher ground they unload a couple rounds but then a clone turns around and successfully shoots a droid. And if that data is so important why Dooku hasn't came himself, I mean lame Republic was able to rescue them from a fully organized Separatist fleet, what the hell? I was expecting some space action but they entered hyperspace instantly. BTW you can't enter hyperspace under enemy fire while engines boot up the shields has to be lowered that's why before while into hyperspace you shouldn't get hit. They didn't care about that, if my memory is correct that's why Millennium Falcon engaged a space battle before jumping to hyperspace.

So, it was lame, it was easy and unrealistic and they screwed the canon.

zepherous35

[9]Mar 13, 2011

On this series, the Republic always wins, no matter the circumstances. One gets used to it. The episode was rubbish. It is the most terrible kind of filler; the one that destroys canon. I do NOT view this series as canon. They can do whatever they want with it. It is a terrible series and if it wasn't for the kids that watch it, it would have sank years ago. Fans slowly but surely give up on what is essentially a series full of fillers that never really moves anything of a story along. Frankly, I am not even sure this series has a story. Just a bunch of crap strung together to make "episodes" for 22 minutes a week

CJ42090

[10]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 12
    It's a half-hour, animated, serialized television show aimed towards younger and older viewers alike. Not every television show needs to have a deep, intricately woven storyline that extends throughout the entire series. If The Clone Wars did that then they'd most certainly be treading over even more canon. Almost every single minute character (especially Jedi) from the movies has had their full life and backstory fleshed out in the EU, so it's fairly impossible not to screw with canon to create any real story. Piell's death was unexpected, moving and it created a real sense of danger. It served the story well. Did it contradict established canon? Yes, but again, it served the story well and we can't expect the show to create new characters just to kill them off (see Vebb, Nadar and Ropal, Bolla). If you're looking for shows with a complex, layered, continuing storyline then I suggest you try LOST, 24, The Wire or just about any HBO show. Or you can just wait until the live action Star Wars show hits the television. But if you're looking for that here, even after three seasons, then perhaps you should either lower your expectations and enjoy the show for what it is or just invest your time elsewhere.

zepherous35

[12]Mar 14, 2011

If you are implying animated shows cannot have what I described, you need to do some homework. See: Spider-Man, X-Men, Justice League, X-Men Evolution, etc. Also, your opinion is pretty inconsequential to me. Reach my level of Star Wars fandom, then we'll talk.

PutSthCoolHere

[13]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 7
    zepherous35 wrote:

On this series, the Republic always wins, no matter the circumstances. One gets used to it. The episode was rubbish. It is the most terrible kind of filler; the one that destroys canon. I do NOT view this series as canon. They can do whatever they want with it. It is a terrible series and if it wasn't for the kids that watch it, it would have sank years ago. Fans slowly but surely give up on what is essentially a series full of fillers that never really moves anything of a story along. Frankly, I am not even sure this series has a story. Just a bunch of crap strung together to make "episodes" for 22 minutes a week

I enjoyed 1st season. 2nd season was fine too I guess, they were more down to earth episodes but this seasons completely lacks storyline and depth.

CJ42090

[14]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 12
    zepherous35 wrote:

If you are implying animated shows cannot have what I described, you need to do some homework. See: Spider-Man, X-Men, Justice League, X-Men Evolution, etc.

Judging a book, movie or television show because it's not what you THINK it should be isn't a valid criticism. I'm not suggesting that animated shows can't have layered, ongoing stories. Avatar: The Last Airbender, for instance, is one of my favorite shows but it's very rare that an animated show of that caliber comes along. I'm not going to set Avatar as the standard by which I judge all other animated shows. The Clone Wars is far from perfect, but it's steadily improving and it's produced some great SW stories.

zepherous35 wrote:
    Also, your opinion is pretty inconsequential to me. Reach my level of Star Wars fandom, then we'll talk.

Is this supposed to be a put-down? How do we measure "Star Wars fandom?" If someone's "fandom level" is lower than yours does that make everything they say irrelevant? If you disagree with my opinion that's fine, but don't talk down to me or cop out of the discussion with childish comments about "fandom levels." Get real.

basenji529

[15]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 15

zepherous35 wrote:

If you are implying animated shows cannot have what I described, you need to do some homework. See: Spider-Man, X-Men, Justice League, X-Men Evolution, etc. Also, your opinion is pretty inconsequential to me. Reach my level of Star Wars fandom, then we'll talk.

Indeed, most animated shows from Japan work on the idea of a myth arc. I mean, look at Sailor Moon. Two of the first season's minor villains (Anime villains always come in groups of four.) were dead before they finished the team. And then they had Sailor Saturn, the fourth Outer Senshi, who was later used at the end of the series.

antdude

[16]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 28
    I enjoyed it.

Brodoin15

[17]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 20

A completely un-neccessary end to the arc.

Even did not have to die. That breaks a ton of canon in the EU. They could have easily retconned far less and kill a character that actually dies in the Clone Wars.

Brodoin15

[18]Mar 21, 2011
    • level: 20

Another thing is that his death felt so.... cheap.

Here's a Jedi Master, aJedi Master that sat on the Jedi High Council, which is comprised of the most wise and powerful Jedi in the Order, and he was killed by some wolf thing. (I forget it's name.)

He was a powerful Jedi Master, if they HAD to kill him they could have at least done with with Grevious, Dooku, or even Ventress.

If they just didn't kill Even it could have been a fairly good episode.

Edited on 03/21/2011 3:10pm
    Edited 2 total times.