Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

"Ghosts of Mortis" Discussion Thread

zepherous35

[1]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 26

Discuss the February 11th, 2011 episode "Ghosts of Mortis".

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

merlinrules09

[2]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 11

I think this episode will be really good. It's cool that there will be many visions that foreshadow the events of ROTS.

Edited on 02/08/2011 10:23am

zepherous35

[3]Feb 7, 2011

Really looking forward to this episode. Will definitely be tuning in Friday to watch it instead of watching it through the DVR.

captaintombatch

[4]Feb 9, 2011
    • level: 32
    Same with me. I want to say that there is only 1 episode since the series aired that I didn't watch new on Friday. I then put them on my DVR on Saturday morning because there are fewer interruptions with unnecessary graphics during the show that detract from what I'm watching.

I wonder if we will see anything in the future of Ahsoka Tano that will cause Anakin to move closer to the Dark Side. Even before ROTS starts. That will be some great insight to the rest of the series.

zepherous35

[5]Feb 11, 2011

I'm pretty excited about this episode. I hope it lives up to the hype. My padawan and I have been talking about it all week. His favorite film is Episode III, so he is pretty excited to see the visions tie into that.

zepherous35

[6]Feb 11, 2011

It was a decent episode, but the trilogy definitely ended with a dud.

captaintombatch

[7]Feb 11, 2011
    I completely agree with you. It was building up for a great ending, one that I thought would rival that of the Episode III fight. It ended too fast, too little occurring, and next week's show doesn't look that exciting either.

Good seeing a young Tarkin though.

readapost

[8]Feb 11, 2011
    • level: 14
    zepherous35 wrote:

It was a decent episode, but the trilogy definitely ended with a dud.

Yeah I guess the thrill of seeing something epic made it taste bitter.

zepherous35

[9]Feb 11, 2011

I did expect more from the end, but the beginning, and of course, visions were a nice touch. The explanation of the Chosen One, especially for a fan of my caliber, was vague and simplistic. It just proves this series can never be a replacement for good old fashioned reading. After the hundreds of Star Wars novels I have read, it still rings true.

g_o_r_a_l

[10]Feb 11, 2011
    • level: 7

Stupid episode as is the whole arc. They couldn't even make it consistent throughout 3 episodes, lol. In the previous one this dark master wanted to kill his father but when father did it himself dark master lost his powers... Whole episode was cliche. Lava arena, anyone? Seppuku? Also if these spaceships could be so easily damaged that one missing part would make them useless and they wouldn't have a spare then I can't believe they are still alive after all these years. Solo's Falcon could fly without problems even after sustaining major damage and even if they didn't have spare parts they could always think how to made one or fly without it by bypassing some circuits or sth. I hope that someday there will be a Star Wars TV series (either animated version or live-action) that will show how it's supposed to be done.

merlinrules09

[11]Feb 12, 2011

I really liked this episode. However I thought they would expand more on the visions than re-use all the visions we saw in the preview. Although, overall it did live up to my expectations.

basenji529

[13]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 15

It had a bit of a Gainax ending, but I'm expecting the next arc will be just as Gainaxy.

captaintombatch

[14]Feb 13, 2011
    basenji529 wrote:

It had a bit of a Gainax ending, but I'm expecting the next arc will be just as Gainaxy.

For those of us who are not familiar with the EU, please explain what the Gainaxy is.

zepherous35

[15]Feb 13, 2011

It is a Japanese anime company; I think that is what he was referring to.

readapost

[16]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 14
    captaintombatch wrote:
    basenji529 wrote:

For those of us who are not familiar with the EU, please explain what the Gainaxy is.
    Yeah in laymans terms means the ending was like glueing glass to acid. Yeah your thinking, You can't glue glass to acid it makes no sense! That is the point.

PutSthCoolHere

[17]Feb 14, 2011
    Decent episode for sure, but I'm so disappointed by the Darth Vader flashback. They would have done it batter. And the thing that when they change their allegiance their eye color changes. I think it didn't happen in the original movies (as far as I know and there is only one figure that it happens (the scene with Sith rope))and it is ridiculous. He realizes the Jedi are kind of responsible for ongoing war(and future war) which is true, and he decides to stop it no brainwashing no trickery just change of thought and his eyes go red. Just ridiculous, it happened to Asoka previous episode but that was reasonable because she was poisoned or sth.

merlinrules09

[18]Feb 14, 2011

PutSthCoolHere wrote:
    Decent episode for sure, but I'm so disappointed by the Darth Vader flashback. They would have done it batter. And the thing that when they change their allegiance their eye color changes. I think it didn't happen in the original movies (as far as I know and there is only one figure that it happens (the scene with Sith rope))and it is ridiculous. He realizes the Jedi are kind of responsible for ongoing war(and future war) which is true, and he decides to stop it no brainwashing no trickery just change of thought and his eyes go red. Just ridiculous, it happened to Asoka previous episode but that was reasonable because she was poisoned or sth.

Anakin's eyes colour changed to yellow because he had temporarily turned to the Dark Side. The same thing happens at the end of ROTS.

basenji529

[19]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 15

readapost wrote:
    captaintombatch wrote:
    basenji529 wrote:

Yeah in laymans terms means the ending was like glueing glass to acid. Yeah your thinking, You can't glue glass to acid it makes no sense! That is the point.

Basically. Specifically, the ending defies all notion of understanding.

Studio Gainax is fond of these. Obviously Evangelion, which features a high-school alternate universe; everyone inside each other's heads (well, specifically "the Shinji that exists in Asuka's mind" talking to "the Asuka that exists in Shinji's mind", to give one example; and, oh yeah, at the very end, there's a storm around Shinji, and the ground is lighter, and everyone appears and says "Congratulations!" Even Toji, who supposedly lost a leg. Gurren Lagann actually has a Gainax beginning! And Gainax outdid themselves with Panty Stocking and Garterbelt.

Not just a Gainax thing. Final Fantasy VIII's ending is, ah, complicated. So is Chrono Cross's. Akira gets really trippy at the end. But it's really not even just a Japanese thing. The Bible ends on this note, as does 2001: A Space Odyssey. Come to think of it, real life?

g_o_r_a_l

[20]Feb 17, 2011
    To the user who compared the part Ahsoka took with an engine. Firstly, you can't hide an average engine of average car into your pocket. If you could I could guarantee that every professional driver would have a spare one (since it would be much cheaper because of much less material needed, assuming it would be mass produced). Secondly, they are at war there and if space ships could be so easily and quickly immobilized and they wouldn't have a spare part just in case it would be really stupid.

So yes, the whole "I'll take this one part and he won't go anywhere" was rather stupid. And if they could do sth like that then why don't they do it regularly? On several occasions they've had their vehicles stolen when all they needed to do was taking this small part with them. So anywhere I look at it it makes this whole scene stupid. A simple key and ignition switch would be much better than this gibberish.