Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Official Season 3 Discussion/Speculation Thread *Possible Spoilers*

Was season 3 good?

  • Avatar of swtt

    swtt

    [21]May 7, 2010
    • member since: 12/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,388
    merlinrules09 wrote:

    I think Shaak Ti might appear in Season 3 because im sure I saw a Togruta (it wasn't Ahsoka) in the Season 3 trailer.



    I noticed that to. After I watched it once during the finale I went online and watched it again and I thought the same thing. The Togruta was more mature looking because the Leiuku horns were much bigger/ longer. Plus, wasn't she on courascant during this time? I thought she was doing something at this time so maybe we will see her character finally introduced!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of merlinrules09

    merlinrules09

    [22]May 7, 2010
    • member since: 12/29/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 690

    swtt wrote:
    merlinrules09 wrote:


    I think Shaak Ti might appear in Season 3 because im sure I saw a Togruta (it wasn't Ahsoka) in the Season 3 trailer.


    I noticed that to. After I watched it once during the finale I went online and watched it again and I thought the same thing. The Togruta was more mature looking because the Leiuku horns were much bigger/ longer. Plus, wasn't she on courascant during this time? I thought she was doing something at this time so maybe we will see her character finally introduced!


    It really does look like Shaak Ti.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zepherous35

    zepherous35

    [23]May 7, 2010
    • member since: 10/10/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,492

    It really is too bad if it is Shaak Ti. I hate for them to keep ruining characters.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Brodoin15

    Brodoin15

    [24]May 13, 2010
    • member since: 05/21/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,478

    I don't mind if they use characters - as long as it isn't stupid or bad - it is just when a character is brought back to life that bugs me.


    *Looks at Eeth Koth.*


    Or when they do something that goes not only against original canon, but does something that not even a real life person would normally do.


    *Looks at Jango's destroyed helmet.*

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zepherous35

    zepherous35

    [25]May 16, 2010
    • member since: 10/10/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,492

    I just think they need to do the characters justice. They can't even do a character they created justice; Ahsoka.


    I've always liked Shaak-Ti; I would hate to see her good character ruined.


    I will say, however, that not all the characters they write for are terrible. Duchess Satine is a breath of fresh air.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Brodoin15

    Brodoin15

    [26]May 17, 2010
    • member since: 05/21/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 2,478

    I agree about Ahsoka. She's a new character, yet we still hardly know anything about her. She's only had a handful of character devlopment times. We know she is similar to Anakin in her attitude and all, but who is she, really?


    There are the books, yes, but when a character is introduced via a TV show, her devlopment should be done in that show, not a side projects like The Clone Wars books.


    We've never even seen her history. All we pretty much know is she was found by Plo Koon. They should make an episode of her discovery by him up to the point she is sent to Anakin.


    She needs on-screen devlopment.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of merlinrules09

    merlinrules09

    [27]May 17, 2010
    • member since: 12/29/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 690

    Brodoin15 wrote:


    I agree about Ahsoka. She's a new character, yet we still hardly know anything about her. She's only had a handful of character devlopment times. We know she is similar to Anakin in her attitude and all, but who is she, really?


    There are the books, yes, but when a character is introduced via a TV show, her devlopment should be done in that show, not a side projects like The Clone Wars books.


    We've never even seen her history. All we pretty much know is she was found by Plo Koon. They should make an episode of her discovery by him up to the point she is sent to Anakin.


    She needs on-screen devlopment.



    We might see her develop a bit more in Season 3, hopefully. I agree with you that they should do an episode with her being discover.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zepherous35

    zepherous35

    [29]May 19, 2010
    • member since: 10/10/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,492

    Something needs to happen to rattle her trust in the Jedi Order.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nickylucas

    Nickylucas

    [30]May 19, 2010
    • member since: 01/30/08
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 2,611

    zepherous35 wrote:


    Something needs to happen to rattle her trust in the Jedi Order.



    Mark my words, the trailer for Season 3 will cover a 3 episode arc at the most. *sighs*

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zepherous35

    zepherous35

    [31]May 19, 2010
    • member since: 10/10/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,492

    I doubt even that much. Anakin already doesn't trust the Council (you would never see it on this child's series, of course). Ahsoka needs to question the very thing that makes her a Jedi. She needs to see the ignorance at the core of the Jedi, and then take action; the same ignorance and lies that Anakin eventually sees.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of merlinrules09

    merlinrules09

    [32]Jun 3, 2010
    • member since: 12/29/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 690

    Does this picture have something to do with a future TCW episode (somehow)? : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ahsoka_nonCGI.jpg

    Edited on 06/03/2010 2:10pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nestosmells

    nestosmells

    [33]Jun 4, 2010
    • member since: 08/24/08
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 459

    Season 3 looks to be good. Hopefully its better than Season 2 was.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nickylucas

    Nickylucas

    [34]Jun 4, 2010
    • member since: 01/30/08
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 2,611

    nestosmells wrote:


    Season 3 looks to be good. Hopefully its better than Season 2 was.


    Hopefully a lot better.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zepherous35

    zepherous35

    [35]Jun 5, 2010
    • member since: 10/10/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,492
    I talked with Dave Filoni and Ashley Eckstein this weekend. Dave is a great guy; it totally took me by surprise. We talked about season 2 and some of my concerns as a fan. He was very accommodating and was very nice. After talking with him face to face I have a new found respect for this series. I also viewed an exclusive clip from season 3, and yes, there is definitely phase II armor. Ashley is very into her character. She is very involved and it was great talking with her. It was like talking to Ahsoka! I really like Filoni. He really puts his all into each episode and tries to stay in canon lines. I will post more when I get near a pc, I'm doing this on my phone. Ask some questions and I'll try to answer the best I can.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of swtt

    swtt

    [36]Jun 6, 2010
    • member since: 12/10/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 3,388
    Will we see some more connections to the series that help bridge it to the movies? Will new and more exciting things be revealed?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nickylucas

    Nickylucas

    [37]Jun 6, 2010
    • member since: 01/30/08
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 2,611

    zepherous35 wrote:
    I talked with Dave Filoni and Ashley Eckstein this weekend. Dave is a great guy; it totally took me by surprise. We talked about season 2 and some of my concerns as a fan. He was very accommodating and was very nice. After talking with him face to face I have a new found respect for this series. I also viewed an exclusive clip from season 3, and yes, there is definitely phase II armor. Ashley is very into her character. She is very involved and it was great talking with her. It was like talking to Ahsoka! I really like Filoni. He really puts his all into each episode and tries to stay in canon lines. I will post more when I get near a pc, I'm doing this on my phone. Ask some questions and I'll try to answer the best I can.
    Wow seriously? I'm jelous of you! What did he tell you about Season 3? Is the Ahsoka thing going to last the entire season?


    So many questions! Well it interesting to see your change of heart talking to Filoni.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zepherous35

    zepherous35

    [38]Jun 6, 2010
    • member since: 10/10/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,492

    Hey everyone, I'm back! I will answer questions tomorrow for sure, I'm tired tonight. And yes, I don't think I will ever complain about this series again after talking with Dave Filoni; he is truly awesome. I will post answers tomorrow, so if anyone else wants to ask, go ahead. It was a great weekend!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zepherous35

    zepherous35

    [39]Jun 7, 2010
    • member since: 10/10/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,492
    swtt wrote:
    Will we see some more connections to the series that help bridge it to the movies? Will new and more exciting things be revealed?


    He didn't say anything about more connections to the Saga. However, he did say season 3 will be heading in a new direction, and there are some surprises along the way. He couldn't talk about season 3 much; he didn't give much away.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.