Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Official Season 3 Discussion/Speculation Thread *Possible Spoilers*

Was season 3 good?

zepherous35

[81]Jul 7, 2010
    • level: 26

Filoni doesn't stick to canon lines. Just think, if he is willing to bring someone back from the dead, without explanation, and have them the center of an episode; do you think he cares if he changes the name of some lowly little Corellian freighter? I know, I know, it is a big deal to us, the hardcore fans. But to his viewers, it means nothing. I am telling you, his viewers do not know that the Falcon had another name. And they do not care. The funny thing is, most of the viewers do not know what the Falcon is, or its importance. It is like basenji said, the Prequel Trilogy is pushed for the younger generation, and that is the majority of the viewers of the series every week. I cannot stress enough, we are in the minority here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Brodoin15

[82]Jul 7, 2010
    • level: 20

Funny how the prequel trilogy is focused on kids, yet there is far more love scenes, dark scenes, and not to mention that one of the prequel movies is the only PG-13 rated Star Wars movie.

basenji529

[83]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 15

Brodoin15 wrote:

Funny how the prequel trilogy is focused on kids, yet there is far more love scenes, dark scenes, and not to mention that one of the prequel movies is the only PG-13 rated Star Wars movie.

Don't forget the politics!

But it's hard to be light with the prequels. Anakin's got to grow up into the Sith Lord he was always meant to be somehow.

Brodoin15

[84]Jul 8, 2010

It bugs me when people complain about Anakin turning to the dark side and 90% of the Jedi being killed, including the ever popular Kit Fisto and Plo Koon.

It bugs me because people act like they didn't know it was going to happen! I knew it was going to happen as I walked into the movies to see Episode I when I was an eight-year old.

Even if by some odd happenings someone hasn't seen the original trilogy - which in itself should be a sin - the characters in Star Wars are some of the best known in the entire world.I just fail to understand people, sometimes.

Edited on 07/08/2010 8:02am

basenji529

[85]Jul 8, 2010

It's like this episode of Skins where they see this couple dressed as Luke and Leia for a costume partyand what's his name, the Pakistani kid, says "Should I go over and tell them they're brother and sister?" Of course, while I know someone who hasn't seen the movies, he did recognize that Darth Vader is Luke's father from the Spaceballs parody scene. And he did know Luke and Leia were brother and sister. And he did know fans hated The Phantom Menace. LOL

My professor slash ex-girlfriend's sons know the show. I showed them the original trilogy, trying hardest not to spoil the two big Skywalker family secrets.

Edited on 07/08/2010 1:23pm

Brodoin15

[86]Jul 8, 2010

Did fans really hate Episode I? I know I was a kid when I saw it, but I still loved seeing the Jedi not extinct. Plus it was interesting to see a young Obi-Wan and Vader as a kid. Though I will say that I liked the Anakin in the other two movies more, since the one in Episode I was a little too much of a cute kid. I'd never guess a kid like that would turn into one of the most feared people in the galaxy and a cold-blooded killerin a few short years.

Jar Jar was a little annoying, but they needed to make up for the lack of 3P0 and R2 not having much comic relief in the movie.

Edited on 07/08/2010 2:08pm

zepherous35

[88]Jul 8, 2010

I liked Episode I. However, I like them all. I think they all have their strong points. I am the odd man out because Return of the Jedi is my favorite one. Most people say, next to The Phantom Menace, it is the weakest of the Saga. I rather enjoy it every time I see it. It is the one I watch the most. The Empire Strikes Back is the fan favorite. Everyone LOVES it. It is not even my second favorite, or my third favorite for that matter. It is viewer preference. I think it all depends on how well the individual can perceive a story, as well as how much story they can absorb. All people want is action action sex scene action more sex scenes... etc. Now, that's not the case with Star Wars, I know. But, in this day and age, people couldn't care less about character development and story, all they want is mindless violence and action. Reference: The Clone Wars.

captaintombatch

[89]Jul 8, 2010
    • level: 32
    zepherous35 wrote:

I liked Episode I. However, I like them all. I think they all have their strong points. I am the odd man out because Return of the Jedi is my favorite one. Most people say, next to The Phantom Menace, it is the weakest of the Saga. I rather enjoy it every time I see it. It is the one I watch the most. The Empire Strikes Back is the fan favorite. Everyone LOVES it. It is not even my second favorite, or my third favorite for that matter. It is viewer preference. I think it all depends on how well the individual can perceive a story, as well as how much story they can absorb. All people want is action action sex scene action more sex scenes... etc. Now, that's not the case with Star Wars, I know. But, in this day and age, people couldn't care less about character development and story, all they want is mindless violence and action. Reference: The Clone Wars.

No no zepherous, Return of the Jedi is my favorite one too. Attack of the Clones to me is the weakest of the saga because even though there was decent character development, it lacked that epic scene that you remember best from the movie. I wouldn't mind more romantic storylines in the series outside of Padme and Anakin either like a lot of other fans who aren't young enough to be watching this series.

zepherous35

[91]Jul 8, 2010

Attack of the Clones had one of my favorite scenes from the Saga, well two actually. The Battle of Geonosis was spectacular. And I loved the end, with Padmé and Anakin getting married. The overtone of romance, amid a starting war; and two fates (or is it four?) being sealed. And who can forget: Across the Stars playing full blast as we see that fateful kiss. The music of that scene is brilliant, going from the Imperial March into Across the Stars and finishing it out only as Lucas can. I saw it on May 16th, 2002, and it answered many questions, while creating so many new ones. It was truly a wonderful movie. But, what can I say? I am just a tad bias.

Brodoin15

[92]Jul 9, 2010

I look at the movies from two perspective. The Star Wars fan and the action movie fan.

Episode II had great moments for both. Anakin falling father to the dark side, breaking a rule of the Jedi Order, and the start of the Clone Wars. I can understand that people didn't like the slow scenes with Anakin and Padme much, but they were needed. After all, it would have been silly for Padme to say "I love you" if they didn't show the two falling in love.

Plus Episode II gave us one awesome battle, and that's bonus points.

---

Episode VI is my favourite. It ended the series in a great way. I can't really discribe it much, but it was a great movie. And so what about the Ewoks? It was meant to show the irony in the Empires defeat, that a rag-tag group of different peoples and ships defeated much of the Empire's war machine, including the Death Star.

Battle of Endor was my favourite space battle, too.

basenji529

[93]Jul 10, 2010

There's always a Scrappy. In the original trilogy, it was actually Return of the Jedi. Mostly because of Luke/Leia shippers who would prefer Han still in carbonite (Talk about Die For Our Ship!) and Luke and Leia obviously unrelated. The EU's biggest Scrappys are as follows:

Creator: Kevin J. Anderson
    Work: The Crystal Star or Dark Empire. NJO also gets a lot of hate. (The NJO is a train.)
    Character: Callista (Mara in the NJO)

Nickylucas

[94]Jul 10, 2010
    • level: 23

I think the series should stay in it's Clone Wars era. Ahsoka's visions can have some Vader or original trilogy references, but I don't want the classics ruined.

zepherous35

[95]Jul 10, 2010

It will, of course, stay in the Clone War era. But, her Force visions need to have some resonance with the fans. If they have pointless visions, then they will mean nothing. Ashley has already said they will reference the Saga more in the coming season, and I think the visions can do it tastefully. We are talking about small references only. Quick glimpses. Truthfully, if they do reference the Saga in the visions, I hope it is things only a real, devoted fan would catch. Allusions are a great part story telling within a canon-based universe, and they sure don't have enough of them up to this point. I suppose, if one didn't want the OT or PT referenced, you could hope for a vision of the future within the series. Maybe, Ahsoka's own fate. Or, more likely, ONE of her fates. Always in motion, the future is.

basenji529

[96]Jul 11, 2010

Agreed. Please, the prequel era is fine for Ahsoka. But I wonder why surviving Jedi isn't on the Ruined FOREVER! page at Wookieepedia.

zepherous35

[97]Jul 15, 2010

I will be talking with Ashley Eckstein and Dave Filoni this time next month, so if anyone has a question they want asked, post them. I will try my best to ask as many as possible. I will most likely have more time with Ashley, so more questions for her would be better. I'm definitely going to be asking Season 3 questions, and expressing some of my concerns as a mega-fan. I will be posting everything I learn in the Off-topic thread, unless it directly relates to Season 3. If you have questions beyond this series, for Mark Hamill, George Lucas, etc...post them in the Off-topic thread, and I will do my best to ask them when I meet them.

Nickylucas

[98]Jul 17, 2010
    • level: 23

Will Ahoska's dreams last the entire season?

-batmat-

[99]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 22
    Nickylucas wrote:

probably they will last for the 2 first episodes...

zepherous35

[100]Jul 18, 2010
    Nickylucas wrote:

I shall ask, and give you an answer as soon as I have it.