Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Official Season 3 Discussion/Speculation Thread *Possible Spoilers*

Was season 3 good?

merlinrules09

[121]Jul 26, 2010
    • level: 11

I wonder if Quinlan Vos will appear in Season 3...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GeneralKoon

[122]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 5

merlinrules09 wrote:

I sure hope so. And hopefully he'll be like what he was in the comics, I hope that Lucasfilm doesn't change him.

merlinrules09

[123]Jul 28, 2010

GeneralKoon wrote:

merlinrules09 wrote:

I sure hope so. And hopefully he'll be like what he was in the comics, I hope that Lucasfilm doesn't change him.

I don't think Lucasfilm will change him because George Lucas likes him the way he is, that's why he told the writers of the Republic comics not to kill him off. Maybe he can be shown as a jedi in Season 3 or 4 and then in Season 5 he can become one of Dooku's Acolytes. So far only one of Dooku's many Acolytes have appeared on the show, Ventress, so it would be cool and interesting if they showed more of them...

Edited on 07/28/2010 5:39am

captaintombatch

[124]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 32
    That would be quite cool, and I'm a big fan of Ventress so if it's just her, I'm fine with that. I saw the trailer and I thought it was really cool. But to forewarn you, like they did with the trailer for last season, a lot of the best stuff only appeared in a few episodes, so the whole notion of Ahsoka having force visions, may only appear in 2 or 3 episodes, most likely all related. No doubt I'll watch Season 3, but I think it'll end up like season 2, over-hyped and good, but not mind-blowing awesome.

zepherous35

[125]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 26

captaintombatch wrote:
    That would be quite cool, and I'm a big fan of Ventress so if it's just her, I'm fine with that. I saw the trailer and I thought it was really cool. But to forewarn you, like they did with the trailer for last season, a lot of the best stuff only appeared in a few episodes, so the whole notion of Ahsoka having force visions, may only appear in 2 or 3 episodes, most likely all related. No doubt I'll watch Season 3, but I think it'll end up like season 2, over-hyped and good, but not mind-blowing awesome.
    I completely agree with this. The end of season 2 was very good, though. I am the opposite of most. The things they showed in the trailer for season 2, I couldn't wait for them to be over. The only thing good about the trailer was the Mandalorians; which were the best episodes of the season.

The trailer for season 3 is dull, unexciting, and 'who cares-ish'. The visions are the only exciting thing, and if they play out in three episodes, then they will be the best episodes of the season. The worst episodes of the season will be the ones featuring Deus Ex.

Brodoin15

[126]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 20

I think Vos will make an apperance in the live-action Star Wars series, since George specifically said not to kill him in any books or comics. At the least he'll make an apperance in something George will oversee, even if it is just a future video game.

But I would like to see more of Ventress. Haven't seen her since season one.

GeneralKoon

[127]Jul 29, 2010

zepherous35 wrote:

captaintombatch wrote:
    I completely agree with this. The end of season 2 was very good, though. I am the opposite of most. The things they showed in the trailer for season 2, I couldn't wait for them to be over. The only thing good about the trailer was the Mandalorians; which were the best episodes of the season.

The trailer for season 3 is dull, unexciting, and 'who cares-ish'. The visions are the only exciting thing, and if they play out in three episodes, then they will be the best episodes of the season. The worst episodes of the season will be the ones featuring Deus Ex.

I agree, too. The best of Season 2 came from about Episode 12 onwards. The first half of Season 2 is something I'll watch the least.

For Season 3, I hope Ahsoka's dreams are referenced throughout the season,and become a theme (like Anakin's descent to the Dark Side) even if it is just once every few episodes. And even though Geonosis in Season 2 didn't work too well, Lucasfilm might've changed their ways and made the Kamino story in Season 3 a bit more interesting and well thought out.

Edited on 07/28/2010 11:51pm

merlinrules09

[128]Jul 29, 2010

I think that Anakin should have a really dark moment during this season, that might be what triggers Ahsoka's visions; it's the force trying to warn the Jedi of what's to come.

Edited on 07/29/2010 5:19am

basenji529

[129]Jul 29, 2010
    • level: 15

merlinrules09 wrote:

I think that Anakin should have a really dark moment during this season, that might be what triggers Ahsoka's visions; it's the force trying to warn the Jedi of what's to come.

True. In Clone Wars we saw him have a vision of him killing all the Jedi and Padmé. (So did not want that to sound like "And Zoidberg.", but it did.) Oddly no vision of him trying to kill Luke and Leia, but whatever.

merlinrules09

[130]Jul 29, 2010

Ahsoka might become the Chosen One of the Chosen One...

merlinrules09

[131]Jul 29, 2010

Does anyone know if any information about the series was revealed at Comic-Con?

zepherous35

[132]Jul 29, 2010
    merlinrules09 wrote:

Ahsoka might become the Chosen One of the Chosen One...

There is one Chosen One, if you believe in the prophecy.

Brodoin15

[133]Jul 30, 2010
    • level: 20

The Prohecy is the only thing that bugs me about the EU.

Anakin becomes Darth Vader, seemingly failing the Prohecy, but in the end he kills the Emperor, and fulfills the Prohecy. Yet the EU includes the Emperor's clones, and dozens, even hundreds of Sith Lords from the end of RotJ to theLegacy era. And even though George views the EU as a different universe - and most fans don't - it makes Vader's death and killing of the Emperor to be in vain.

---

But, anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle Ahsoka this season. We really didn't see much of her in season 2. (She was, for the most part, just there.)

Edited on 07/30/2010 7:43am

basenji529

[134]Jul 31, 2010

Brodoin15 wrote:

The Prohecy is the only thing that bugs me about the EU.

Anakin becomes Darth Vader, seemingly failing the Prohecy, but in the end he kills the Emperor, and fulfills the Prohecy. Yet the EU includes the Emperor's clones, and dozens, even hundreds of Sith Lords from the end of RotJ to theLegacy era. And even though George views the EU as a different universe - and most fans don't - it makes Vader's death and killing of the Emperor to be in vain.

The funny thing is, Lucas has said he wanted to make a sequel trilogy just like Dark Empire. Yeah, but it would be rated R for nudity. Not exactly sexy nudity, unless "power is sexy" overrides the fact that it's Palpatine, but nudity nonetheless. Though I should warn you: Lord Sidious doesn't exactly have his, ahem, Galaxy Gun and Death Stars.

Also, Lucas himself approved the first post-Sidious Sith Lord, Lumiya.

Of course, I have a lot of issues with the prequels. The whole Chosen One prophecy and midichlorians turn the Skywalker descendants into a sort of master race. That by itself should be disturbing.

zepherous35

[135]Jul 31, 2010

I have to say, I quite enjoyed the prequels, and the Saga as a whole. The EU does have some blunders, but it is as brodoin said, they are really two different universes. Sure, we can say we view it as one in the same (which I am guilty of); C-canon is definitely different. One can pick up any of the film novelizations and realize that. Also, in retrospect, it really isn't the EU's fault; it's Lucas'. He is the one that changed everything, but I am one that enjoyed the changes. I liked the prequel trilogy, and I like what it added to the overall story of the Saga.

zepherous35

[136]Jul 31, 2010

Also, I forgot to mention it before now, I hope they don't ruin Shaak Ti. However, if they do integrate her into Ahsoka's story, I will be very pleased.

basenji529

[137]Aug 1, 2010

zepherous35 wrote:

I have to say, I quite enjoyed the prequels, and the Saga as a whole. The EU does have some blunders, but it is as brodoin said, they are really two different universes. Sure, we can say we view it as one in the same (which I am guilty of); C-canon is definitely different. One can pick up any of the film novelizations and realize that. Also, in retrospect, it really isn't the EU's fault; it's Lucas'. He is the one that changed everything, but I am one that enjoyed the changes. I liked the prequel trilogy, and I like what it added to the overall story of the Saga.

Well, it's just that little detail. Christie Golden lampshades it: Vestara's plan, besides the fact that she thinks Ben's hot, is to breed a master race of Sith with him. Which I can understand; he's a male just entering his virile years, when there's the least chance of something like Down syndrome. And he is a Skywalker descendant; consider what we've seen Luke do. That and the clones, but I believe Karen Traviss explained the problem with the clones better than I could: "Your slave army wasn't the brightest idea either."

I remember thinking how weird it was, reading Heir to the Empire or Specter of the Past and hearing about Clone Wars where the clones were against the Republic. Certainly given our own culture's view on cloning, this shouldn't surprise anyone. But of course the GFFA is different. (Exhibit A, Zeltros. Leia is the only person puritanical enough to hate Zeltrons.)

Another example was Jedi marriages; judging by the X-wing series, they were quite common, and there were entire Jedi dynasties. Again, what do we have to go on? Yoda saying "Luke, the Force is strong in your family; pass on what you have learned." The Marvels made the same mistake, "the sons of the original Jedi Knights". (That line struck me personally as a bit sexist; what of the daughters of the Jedi?) This is of course handwaved that it was only Corellian Jedi who had children. And of course, the title Children of the Jedi, the fact that Callista had a boyfriend before being trapped on the Eye of Palpatine, and pretty much everything else about that book says the Jedi have children. And once again, Dark Empire has a whole tribe of Jedi; without marriage, society as we know it cannot exist. And of course Tales of the Jedi.

Those are the two big issues where the EU contradicts the prequels. Luckily Michael P. Kube-McDowell had Akanah be a con artist rather than really know Luke's mother; that would've caused an Executor-class canon clusterkriff.

captaintombatch

[138]Aug 2, 2010
    • level: 32
    Yeah the EU has become quite elaborate where certain stories contradict others. I haven't read too many of the comics nor many of the novels that took place post Episode VI. This series has and continue to contradict with the novels and previous series of this timeline in the Star Wars Universe.

As for this upcoming season of The Clone Wars, I hope that they reference the creation of the "Millennium Falcon" since it's already old in Episode IV. That would be sick seeing the Millennium Falcon brand new, along with either a young Han Solo or Lando Calrissian. Still waiting for that.

zepherous35

[139]Aug 2, 2010

Canon does get changed. Things become 'retconned'. And, Filoni does have every right to change C-canon because his series supersedes it. The Clone Wars is T-canon, which is above C-canon, and right under G-canon. Literally, this means he can't change anything established in the Saga, but C-canon is at his liberty. He can change what he sees fit. But, depending on your point of view, he did change something from the Saga: Eeth Koth. Agen Kolar is in his final scene with Palpatine at the time his deception comes to light. Agen Kolar replaced Eeth Koth on the Council. I mean, of course, he (Filoni) could handle this in several different ways. I would just think it would have been much easier to have Kolar appear in The Clone Wars, and just left Eeth Koth's history as it was.

GeneralKoon

[140]Aug 3, 2010

Yeah, it would've been easier for Dave Filoni to make Eeth Koth's robes darker, give him a blue lightsaber and call him Agen Kolar. And they brought back Eeth Koth for just ONE episode,which is a bit of a waste unless they make his character actually useful for something.And now they'll have to kill him off again...or have his fate unknown, which would be annoying.