Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Official Star Wars The Clone Wars Jedi Council

How great was the Citadel

nestosmells

[101]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 15

Really! I don't think it was as good as the Rogue Squadron books, but I liked I, Jedi. What did u not like about it?

Edited on 06/11/2010 9:55pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zepherous35

[102]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 26

I just could not fathom the first person narrative.

nestosmells

[103]Jun 12, 2010

I thought the first person was kinda a nice change. What is your least favorite of the Star Wars novels?

zepherous35

[104]Jun 12, 2010

As of now, the entire Yuuzhan Vong series.

zepherous35

[105]Jun 12, 2010

Otherwise known as The New Jedi Order series.

nestosmells

[106]Jun 12, 2010

That's actually the series i'm reading at this point. I'm only on book 3 so I don't have a definate opinion of it. I think it will be an alright series, it probably will be that certain books/writers just won't be very good.

Edited on 06/12/2010 8:40pm

zepherous35

[107]Jun 12, 2010

There's a few books that are tedious to read. I could barely get to the end of them. The series ends terribly. Not to mention some of the events that take place within the series. It utterly changes the entire galaxy that we love so much, and it will never be the same. Thus, I have read nothing after that series, and I am not sure if I ever will.

nestosmells

[108]Jun 13, 2010

I actually have read some of the books after the New Jedi Order. I loved Legacy of the Force, but some of that might be because it was the first SW series I actually read. I pretty much read everything out of chronological order, lol.

zepherous35

[109]Jun 13, 2010

I try to read them in order, but, I also jump around the timeline quite a bit. I enjoy most the ones around the Saga, or that directly deal with the Saga.

nestosmells

[110]Jun 13, 2010

A lot of book series I try to read in order, and I have been trying to do that with SW as well, but the good thing about SW is you can jump around and you won't necessarily be lost. I also like the books that usually occur around/during the saga, but there are still a lot I haven't read, like Truce at Bakura and Shadows of the Empire, as well as many of the prequel books. Most of the books I have read are post ROTJ.

Edited on 06/13/2010 3:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

zepherous35

[111]Jun 13, 2010

Shadows of the Empire is a must read. Spectacular novel. The sequel to Episode III is also not to be missed: Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. The Coruscant Nights trilogy is also very good. I never saw the ending coming; love novels like that. I could go on, I have read so many.

nestosmells

[112]Jun 14, 2010

I'll have to read Shadows of the Empire and Rise of Darth Vadar soon then. I actually have read the Coruscant Nights Trilogy and I really liked it as well. It doesn't have a big effect on the SW expanded universe as a whole but it shows how everything has changed and how people have been affected since the rise of the empire.

Edited on 06/14/2010 12:16pm

zepherous35

[113]Jun 15, 2010

I think every novel has an important part, whether we see it or not. Something big that stands out to me in the Coruscant Nights Trilogy would be the destruction of Caamas. Of course, that tragedy set up Dejah's character; which was the staple of the novels. It really showed a Jedi's convictions. The Zeltron are a beautiful species, and very seductive. Jax showed just how strong a Jedi could be. Or was he? What about Laranth?

nestosmells

[114]Jun 15, 2010

Laranth I think was much stronger minded of a jedi than Jax. She wasn't fooled by Dejah at all, while Jax was for a time being manipulated by her, though he handled it well when he realized it. Some of that could be argued though that it may have something to do with gender, and because of Laranth's jealousy and feelings for Jax, it kept her from being taken in by Dejah's facade. I liked that they talked about the destruction of Caamas too. It hasn't been talked about as much in SW books except the Thrawn duology and it showed when it occured in the timeline as well.

Edited on 06/15/2010 11:37pm
    Edited 2 total times.

zepherous35

[115]Jun 17, 2010

Very true. I saw the new trailer for TFU II. The story is a little intriguing. Like I said in the other thread, though, I think we are going to get too many things going on at once. There will be too much to see. I do like that they are upgrading the targeting system. That thing was terrible in the first one. You could never quite lock-on to who you wanted. It will be interesting to see where they take the story; I hope they respect the rest of the EU.

nestosmells

[116]Jun 18, 2010

I agree. I hope they respect the EU, but even if they don't, it won't be as bad as whats been messed with inThe Clone Wars. The Clone Wars messed a lot with the timeline and stories. Though there is still some things I like about the show.

zepherous35

[117]Jun 18, 2010

True. But now that I know these changes are coming from Lucas, I am fine with it. Also, there are some episodes that I really like. But, for some reason, the episodes I enjoy, other people don't like them. Is it the same for you? I saw that you liked Senate Murders. I loved that episode, but most do not. I begin to wonder if the more die-hard fans see between the lines, so to speak, and experience the episodes in a different way. I'm pretty sure that is what happens with me, anyways.

nestosmells

[118]Jun 19, 2010

I noticed that too. I loved Senate Murders, but everyone else, except you, hated it. I seriously thought all these people were tripping on acid when they watched because I had no idea what they were saying was bad. You're prob right tho, the die hard fans are likely going to appreciate certain eps more than just the movie fans. Most of the just movie fans expect fighting and more fighting. Lets face it, in a lot of the books there is a lot of political intrigue, not just lightsaber battles. If a book was only one battle to the next without any underlying factors, that would be the most pointless book ever.

Edited on 06/18/2010 11:42pm
    Edited 2 total times.

basenji529

[119]Jun 20, 2010

zepherous35 wrote:

I did like Corran Horn. Then I read some of I, Jedi. Completely turned me off to his character. That novel is ridiculously terrible. I have never finished it.

"She sowants me--NO, I MUST STAY LOYAL TO MIRAX!"

--Corran Horn, around anything female

(Granted, I'm just as arrogant about women, but still...Mine's justified. And no otters!)

One must remember that the Jedi Academy books were terrible. Sith burial ground, so original. You might like how Corran partially explains Kyp's actions. He still hates the kid, though. Also, Luke and Ooryl have to save Corran. In the end, Luke redeems a Sith sect working for Tavira.

zepherous35

[120]Jun 20, 2010

You are right, the Jedi Academy novels were not 'up to par'. It was tedious reading through those. I lost interest somewhere in the second novel, but I finished them anyways. I was just curious about Qwi. She was intriguing, and I liked her relationship with Wedge. After reading about her there, I was very interested in the Omwati species. Too bad they don't make that many appearances throughout the EU. Speaking of species I would like to see more of in EU works; Zeltron. They have parts in the Old Repulic, and also in the Legacy series, I would like to see some more with the Jedi of the Rise of the Empire era. Specifically, Yoda's Jedi. Back to Dejah, she intrigued me. I would like to see more interaction there.