Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Official Star Wars The Clone Wars Jedi Council

How great was the Citadel

Brodoin15

[121]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 20

I liked the Jedi Academy books. Not as good as others, but not the worse. I don't think I, Jedi was bad either, I liked seeing Corran becoming a Jedi, but it wasn't as good as others as well.

Using the GameSpot rating system, I'd give the Academy series and I, Jedi a 6.5, which pretty much equals "Meh... its ok."

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zepherous35

[122]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 26

nestosmells wrote:

I noticed that too. I loved Senate Murders, but everyone else, except you, hated it. I seriously thought all these people were tripping on acid when they watched because I had no idea what they were saying was bad. You're prob right tho, the die hard fans are likely going to appreciate certain eps more than just the movie fans. Most of the just movie fans expect fighting and more fighting. Lets face it, in a lot of the books there is a lot of political intrigue, not just lightsaber battles. If a book was only one battle to the next without any underlying factors, that would be the most pointless book ever.

The series isn't made for everyone; just like the novels aren't wrote for everyone. It takes a certain type of fan to enjoy some episodes, just as the novels. I'm not a fan of every novel I have read. I'm not a fan of every episode of this series. But, there are some gems in both. This series will take me to the brink of not wanting to watch it, then, in one episode, it brings me back. I am a huge Star Wars fan, and I am over critical of it. I think that is my problem with this series. I expect too much, and get so little.

nestosmells

[123]Jun 29, 2010
    • level: 15

I agree. Everyone has different likes andtastes. Some like action packed while others prefer a more subtle storyline. Certain eps in the series I really loved and others hated while others I hated but someone else liked it. Its the same with the novels. Very rarely in the SW universe can all the fans agree completely with one another about a novel, movie, etc.

zepherous35

[124]Jul 18, 2010

People rarely understand what a movie/novel is trying to tell them. Star Wars, is no exception.

basenji529

[125]Jul 19, 2010

Look at the people who bash Karen Traviss for her positions on the clones...and then call her a bad writer. If she were a bad writer, she wouldn't stir so many emotions, now would she?

zepherous35

[126]Aug 8, 2010

Season 3 is right around the corner. What are some things you want to see in the coming season? How about things you do not want to see?

captaintombatch

[127]Aug 8, 2010
    • level: 32
    I would like to see more development of Ahsoka's character, and how she has an impact on making Anakin for the start of Episode III. That would be nice. More Ventress and Grievous would be cool also. As I've mentioned in other threads, I would like to see the creation of the Millennium Falcon since it's already old in Episode IV, perhaps seeing Han Solo and/or Lando Calrissian as kids too like we did Boba Fett. More Mandalorians would also be good.

I do not want to see too much of Cad Bane nor do I want to see so many Padme centered episodes. It should be a great season nonetheless

zepherous35

[128]Aug 8, 2010

Good ideas. Except, the Millennium Falcon in this series would be old, as well. It would be known as the Stellar Envoy. It was created/first seen around 60-59 BBY. We had a little discussion about it over on another thread a month or so ago.

Also, I enjoy the episodes with Padmé. I guess I should say, I enjoy the episodes featuring Padmé and Anakin both. I like the banter, and the allusions for the fans. My favorite featuring her would have to be Senate Spy. Extremely well done episode.

I completely agree that Ahsoka needs developing. I hope they take these visions and 'run with them'.

basenji529

[129]Aug 9, 2010

Anidala is the most controversial ship in the Star Wars universe. Whether you love them or see them as an abusive relationship where Anakin killing Padmé was inevitable, you have an opinion about them.

zepherous35

[130]Aug 19, 2010

Now that I have met and had conversations with most of the main people from the series, I have a different view of the whole thing. After talking to Dave Filoni one-on-one, I am on "The Clone Wars ship". Talking with Ashley Eckstein just reaffirmed the fact that Ahsoka Tano is my favorite EU character (with Mara Jade and Bria Tharen being tied for a close second).

zepherous35

[132]Sep 29, 2010

Season 3 is looking great. Our participation on the forums has dwindled over the past few years, as has most of the people on the Council. I only see a few of us on here and there, and would really like to build the site back up. Any suggestions? We are experiencing the best season of The Clone Wars yet (so far), we should really have more members.

captaintombatch

[133]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 32
    We really should but I don't know how many Clone Wars fans are members of this site, or casual Star Wars fans on here who disagree with you, in this not being a great season. I'm not sure if I want to go as far as recruiting for the show because the Council is such an elite fanbase, but it's an idea nonetheless.

zepherous35

[134]Sep 29, 2010

You would think the fact that Dave Filoni visits the site and reads our episode guides would be enough to bring some people in. Either way, it doesn't hurt my fandom at all. I will still post, and add to the series as much as I can.

basenji529

[135]Sep 30, 2010

zepherous35 wrote:

Now that I have met and had conversations with most of the main people from the series, I have a different view of the whole thing. After talking to Dave Filoni one-on-one, I am on "The Clone Wars ship". Talking with Ashley Eckstein just reaffirmed the fact that Ahsoka Tano is my favorite EU character (with Mara Jade and Bria Tharen being tied for a close second).

Mara Jade actually worked pretty well, for a Sailor Earth. Zahn plotted a perfectly good waste.

Okay, an explanation: You've heard of wasting a perfectly good plot. (How do you screw up Dark Side Luke?) Plotting a perfectly good waste is a good use of "bad" tropes. Remember, tropes are not bad, but you can plot a perfectly good waste with:

Gainax Ending
    Mary Sue and all its variants
    Sailor Earth (such as Mara)
    The Scrappy and all its variants (The Wesley, The Barney, The Poochie)
    Unfortunate Implications (South Park, anyone?)

zepherous35

[136]Sep 30, 2010
    I like Mara Jade. I won't even touch the novel that she perishes in. I won't even touch that series of novels, to be honest.

Brodoin15

[137]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 20

I'm afraid of the novel that is said to be Luke, Han, and Leia's last adventure.

I don't like the word, "last".

zepherous35

[138]Sep 30, 2010
    I know, I do not like the sound of that at all.

basenji529

[139]Oct 2, 2010

zepherous35 wrote:
    I like Mara Jade. I won't even touch the novel that she perishes in. I won't even touch that series of novels, to be honest.

Actually, Mara is a case of plotting a perfectly good waste. Sailor Earth is normally a "bad" trope, and the very fact that she marries Luke leads to accusations of "Mary Sue", a form I refer to as Beatrice Sue (Ever read the Divine Comedy? You would understand.), but she's actually a likable character.

Remember the TVTropes mantra: Tropes are not bad, tropes are not good, tropes are tools. Sometimes a Magnificent Bastard *cough*Palpatine*cough* engages in Xanatos Roulette.