Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

"Overlords" Discussion Thread

zepherous35

[1]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 26

Discuss the January 28th, 2011 episode "Overlords".

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zepherous35

[2]Jan 27, 2011

This could be a very interesting arc. They are getting into dangerous territory story wise; getting too close to the Saga, in my opinion. I am just really hoping they do not mess anything up with these coming episodes.

antdude

[3]Jan 28, 2011
    • level: 27
    Interesting episode. I thought I wouldn't like it, but I did.

TKnHappyNess

[4]Jan 29, 2011
    • level: 20

I missed it because Teletoon had this genius idea to show a repeat. It was the one with Ahsoka and her visions.

merlinrules09

[5]Jan 29, 2011
    • level: 11

I think it was a very good episode, it was very interesting to see the 3 visions.

swtt

[6]Jan 29, 2011
    • level: 18
    I was very impressed with the episode. I thought it was very strange, but in a good way.

merlinrules09

[7]Jan 29, 2011
    • level: 11

I think it's cool that an even older Ahsoka appears in the episode, she appears to look about another 5 years older.

littlewillie610

[8]Jan 29, 2011
    • level: 7

I was really impressed with the camera angle shots in this episode. They helped give it a good atmosphere.

Edited on 01/31/2011 10:46am

zepherous35

[9]Jan 29, 2011

Enjoyed this episode. I loved all the foreshadowing, and all the hidden gems in the episode. We have never really touched this close to the Saga, and it was done tastefully, and with much mystery. I enjoyed all the small things they put in for the die-hard fans. As is known, this episode arc came directly from George Lucas, and it is very obvious in this episode. 9/10.

captaintombatch

[10]Jan 29, 2011
    • level: 32
    This was a pretty good episode, but it was rushed just like the last two. We found out that the children of the force were the ones who were making the Qui-Gon Jinn, older Ahsoka Tano, and Shmi Skywalker figures. Since the force is so strong there, they could probably sense every Jedi's or persons thoughts and feelings.

Two things I disliked about this episode. It was not original. The very beginning copied Star Trek, where the ship would lose power, gain it back, right as another object is right in front of it, and then have it engulfed. Then the force planet is like planet in "Avatar". With floating rocks and glowing trees. Unoriginal.

Second is the direct impact of them asking Anakin if he was indeed the chosen one. I wonder how him not staying on that area really affects the rest of the Star Wars universe. Does Luke do that after he becomes a full Jedi-Knight? So many questioned unanswered.

This arc will have a great ending, and more will come into focus in the next two shows. Something tells me that Ahsoka may not make it to the end of the series. 9.5/10

Something I wish can be done is tying up all the loose ends in the other arcs that were created. I want to know what the Hutt Clan does with those records that Ziro was killed over. I want to know what the direct result is of Padme helping to vote down the bill in "Pursuit of Peace".

mcepin3

[11]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 16

captaintombatch wrote:
    Second is the direct impact of them asking Anakin if he was indeed the chosen one. I wonder how him not staying on that area really affects the rest of the Star Wars universe. Does Luke do that after he becomes a full Jedi-Knight? ".

Anakin is the chosen one and him not staying there causes all the trouble. Father says to him,since he was the chosen one he is the only one, who could "control" his kids. With Father gone and no one to control his kids,they(kids) put force out of balance.

THAT WAS THE BEST EPISODE OF CLONE WARS SO FAR!

zepherous35

[12]Jan 30, 2011

The prophecy of the Chosen One is point of view; everyone perceives it differently. And again, this episode was pushed more towards more-than-casual fans, and thus some people did not understand everything fully. Being that this story line is so close in storytelling to the Saga, I think it accomplished more than this series has so far.

The children, of course, were a simile of the Force in the Universe. Too much evil or too much good, and the balance is shaken. One needs just enough of both to keep it in balance; enter Anakin Skywalker. His guilt and selfishness are what create Darth Vader. He off-balances the Force; but eventually his love for Padmé brings him back and he finally brings balance as he always should have. If you believe the prophecy, then he finally fulfills the Chosen One's duty. Of course, in the coming episodes, this duty may or may not be what we have thought it to be all this time.

basenji529

[13]Jan 31, 2011
    • level: 15

Yeah, there's a big Light Is Not Good trope going around.

Of course, the Chosen One prophecy could entirely be ripped off of Final Fantasy III, in which a balance in either direction is dangerous. (The Dark Warriors actually sacrifice themselves to help you in the end.) It just happens that in both cases the imbalance is toward evil.

readapost

[14]Feb 4, 2011
    • level: 14
    I'm not really go to these forum but Ahsoka (older) looked amazing.

antdude

[15]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 27
    readapost wrote:
    And attractive?

I also like those bright light lines that were like Tron.

readapost

[16]Feb 5, 2011
    • level: 14

antdude wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    And attractive? I also like those bright light lines that were like Tron.
    Yeah after seeing Ahsoka in her new outfit I thought, "There's no way she can look better." I was wrong very wrong so I guess I'm the guy to say she better not die.

Edited on 02/05/2011 8:24am