Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

"Padawan Lost"/"Wookiee Hunt" Discussion Thread

  • Avatar of antdude

    antdude

    [21]Apr 1, 2011
    • member since: 07/07/04
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 3,679
    PutSthCoolHere wrote:
    Has it aired yet? Comments, people!
    Yes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of The_Nobody101

    The_Nobody101

    [22]Apr 2, 2011
    • member since: 01/25/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 206
    1. Is force push and pull the only techniques they teach padawans? I mean, seriously, is the jedi code that strict that they can't kill someone with the force? Oh that's right, the jedi don't kill anyone unless they kill them with lightsabers.

    2. Chewbacca was epic as expected.

    3. With the way Yoda was looking at Ashoka, i have a feeling she could be on her way to start the trails of a jedi knight soon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GeneralKoon

    GeneralKoon

    [23]Apr 2, 2011
    • member since: 04/21/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 35

    The_Nobody101 wrote:
    1. Is force push and pull the only techniques they teach padawans? I mean, seriously, is the jedi code that strict that they can't kill someone with the force? Oh that's right, the jedi don't kill anyone unless they kill them with lightsabers. 2. Chewbacca was epic as expected. 3. With the way Yoda was looking at Ashoka, i have a feeling she could be on her way to start the trails of a jedi knight soon.


    ^This^


    Chewbacca was definately awesome,plus he wasn't useless and put into the episode as a gimmick - he was the reason they escaped and emerged victorious. And Ahsoka is either becoming darker, like Anakin, or being ready to be completely independent.


    This Finale was certainly the best of the three finales there have been.


    However, the best thing is the Season 4 Teaser (on Star Wars.com) - that has the potential to be brilliant. I see they're using Mon Calamari, more battles, plus more emphasis on the supporting characters. If they can pull off those things well the next season will be hands down the best of the show.

    Edited on 04/01/2011 11:57pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of captaintombatch

    captaintombatch

    [24]Apr 2, 2011
    • member since: 04/21/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,796
    Best of the three, are you nuts??? Season 2 finale was far better than this. The story of Ahsoka Tano for most of the episode until they meet Chewbacca (who I agree, was epic as always) was dreadful. She gets captured fairly easily, dumped off on some planet, and then hunted down for fun. That is so odd for a season finale to have filler episodes.

    Anakin's involvement I felt was very limited as well. He had great concertn over his padawan which has been tested multiple times in the series. They need to try something. I give this probably a 6/10 because Chewbacca himself improves the show.

    The Season 4 preview looked promising as other members have atested to. I would like to see more supporting characters (specifically those that have a large hand in the saga) along with finally seeing the first signs of the war nearing it's end.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TKnHappyNess

    TKnHappyNess

    [25]Apr 2, 2011
    • member since: 11/21/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,244

    GeneralKoon wrote:
    However, the best thing is the Season 4 Teaser (on Star Wars.com) - that has the potential to be brilliant. I see they're using Mon Calamari, more battles, plus more emphasis on the supporting characters. If they can pull off those things well the next season will be hands down the best of the show.



    Maybe that Mon Calamari ep will involve Kit Fisto, if you remember the 2D Clone Wars series

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GeneralKoon

    GeneralKoon

    [26]Apr 2, 2011
    • member since: 04/21/10
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 35

    I see the point. But still, it was better than Season 1's. And yes, I too have no idea why they didn't choose the three part "Citadel" arc with such a large scale (and important yet horrible, canon-killing moments like Echo and Even Piell dying) over a two part arc which is essentially a guest appearence by Chewbacca.


    It should of been the "Padawan Lost" arc, then "The Citadel" arc as the finale. That would of made more sense.



    Noting Season 4, I also hope they incorporate Kit Fisto into the Mon Calamari arc, too.

    Edited on 04/02/2011 8:33pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zepherous35

    zepherous35

    [27]Apr 3, 2011
    • member since: 10/10/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,492

    Finally, after 3 years, we have a great finale. Definitely the best out of the 3 finales. Chewbacca was awesome, as usual. Loved the Indiana Jones reference. Loved the look at the end by Yoda. The music could have been better, but that is only a minor issue. Season Four looks fine, we will just have to see how it looks closer to time.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of captaintombatch

    captaintombatch

    [28]Apr 4, 2011
    • member since: 04/21/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,796
    zepherous35 wrote:

    Finally, after 3 years, we have a great finale. Definitely the best out of the 3 finales. Chewbacca was awesome, as usual. Loved the Indiana Jones reference. Loved the look at the end by Yoda. The music could have been better, but that is only a minor issue. Season Four looks fine, we will just have to see how it looks closer to time.



    Totally not the best finale. Season 2 was far better. The only reason this finale was better was because of Chewbacca. Yes he was awesome, but the first half-hour was near dreadful. Not sure which Indiana Jones reference you're referring to I didn't see one. The music was alright, but that doesn't matter as much to me as the show content. Season 4 does look promising, let's hope it lives up to the hype.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zepherous35

    zepherous35

    [29]Apr 4, 2011
    • member since: 10/10/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,492

    I loved the finale, both parts. They were a step up in quality from what I am used to seeing on this series. So, I will agree to disagree.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.