Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

Q & A - Star Wars Original and Prequal Trilogy

Brodoin15

[41]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 20
    They are Bith.
    Edited on 01/16/2009 4:12pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zepherous35

[42]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 26
    captaintombatch wrote:
    zepherous35 wrote:
    What is the name and species of the band in Mos Eisley Cantina?

Wow, that's a great question. I know they are called the Cantina Band, but I cannot tell you what species they are.

They are called "Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes". Figrin D'an is their lead.

captaintombatch

[43]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 32
    I need to bring this back for a minute because I have a question that I need an answer to. In "Return of the Jedi" Luke asks Leia the following question.

Luke: Leia, do you remember your mother, your real mother?
    Leia: Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.

Was Luke asking her about her mother on Alderan, or Padme Amidala?

Brodoin15

[44]Feb 18, 2009

This is a question I've been wondering myself. I'm not even sure if it is really answered.

I think her step-mom was killed along with Bail when the planet was destroyed by the Death Star, but Leia was the same age as Luke then.

But Padme did die when she was very young, seconds old actually. So it would be odd for a new born baby to remember her mother. Maybe it was with a connection of the Force that she remember her mother, like a mother-daughter thing. Just like Luke has a father-son connection with Anakin.

Edited on 02/18/2009 1:11pm

captaintombatch

[45]Feb 18, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:

This is a question I've been wondering myself. I'm not even sure if it is really answered.

I think her step-mom was killed along with Bail when the planet was destroyed by the Death Star, but Leia was the same age as Luke then.

But Padme did die when she was very young, seconds old actually. So it would be odd for a new born baby to remember her mother. Maybe it was with a connection of the Force that she remember her mother, like a mother-daughter thing. Just like Luke has a father-son connection with Anakin.

That's a great theory actually. The only other explanation was that her adopted mother, the woman who was with Senator Organa, died within a year or two of her birth, and we just don't know it. I like your theory because Leia told Luke that she somehow always knew that she was Luke's sister, and it makes you wonder if they could use the force to figure out that Padme was their real mother. Also, I'm surprised that Luke never asked Darth Vader about his mother.

zepherous35

[46]Feb 18, 2009
    captaintombatch wrote:
    Brodoin15 wrote:

That's a great theory actually. The only other explanation was that her adopted mother, the woman who was with Senator Organa, died within a year or two of her birth, and we just don't know it. I like your theory because Leia told Luke that she somehow always knew that she was Luke's sister, and it makes you wonder if they could use the force to figure out that Padme was their real mother. Also, I'm surprised that Luke never asked Darth Vader about his mother.

I hold the theory that Breha died when Leia was a child. Leia has stated that she was raised by Bail's 3 sisters. So that kinda of says something. But, it is never clearly stated. However, Luke DID ask about her real mother. Now, I would say that Leia had a special connection with Padme. She could be remembering a feeling of the Force. That being said, it is still not known. Breha Organa could have very well died in 0 BBY with Alderaan. But if that was so, how come she didnt help raise Leia, and Tia, Rouge and Celly had to do it? Hmmm... great question to raise my friend.

Edited on 02/18/2009 6:50pm

captaintombatch

[47]Feb 20, 2009
    yeah, I guess that's something we may never know. These area all great ideas that you're giving though.

captaintombatch

[48]Feb 23, 2009
    Here's another question. What's the different between the Separatists and the Trade Federation?

zepherous35

[49]Feb 24, 2009
    captaintombatch wrote:
    Here's another question. What's the different between the Separatists and the Trade Federation?

Good question. The Trade Federation had been in place for about 300 years when we saw it in Episode I. They are just really a commerce based operation. They had a big private military. They were just bascially a corporation, but on a galactic scale. The Seperatists are otherwise known as the CIS or Confederacy of Independent Systems. They wanted to over throw the Republic and become the government. They felt like the Republic was corrupt and people werent being heard. Now, for your original question, the CIS was a movement, the Trade Federation was a private company. It joined the Separatists due to many reasons, one of them being the Republic passed a law to tax all trade routes to the Outer Rim and such. Nute Gunray put his support behind the CIS in exchange for Padme Amidala's life.

captaintombatch

[50]Feb 25, 2009
    cool, I got the answer I was looking for.

zepherous35

[52]Mar 15, 2009

Here is a question for everyone. I always ask my friends with this one when they challenge me. I want to get this thread up and kicking again.

What are the odds of successfully navigating an astroid field?

Veons5

[53]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 3

Name Five Clone Commanders at least Two with their Generals Name

-V

Veons5

[54]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 3
    zepherous35 wrote:

Here is a question for everyone. I always ask my friends with this one when they challenge me. I want to get this thread up and kicking again.

What are the odds of successfully navigating an astroid field?

Approx. 3,720 to 1
    "Never tell me the odds"
    -Han Solo

Brodoin15

[55]Mar 15, 2009

Commander Cody- Obi-Wan

Commander Bly- Aayla Secura

Commander Gree- Yoda

Commander Bacara- Ki-Adi-Mundi

Commander Neyo- Oppo Rancisis (later Stass Allie)

basenji529

[57]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 15

Okay, here's one that's a little difficult: At least this many galaxies are at least partially explored as of Episode II.

A. 1

B. 2

C. 3

D. 4

captaintombatch

[58]Mar 16, 2009
    Let's see. Camino, Genosis, Tattooine, Naboo, and the planet Obi-Wan is on when looking for Jang Go Fett.

I'll guess 3

zepherous35

[59]Mar 16, 2009
    basenji529 wrote:

Okay, here's one that's a little difficult: At least this many galaxies are at least partially explored as of Episode II.

A. 1

B. 2

C. 3

D. 4

Im pretty sure 3. The galaxy, the Rishi Maze, and the one shown in the Jedi archives in Ep II. I think its called the second satellite galaxy. That's as of Episode II.

basenji529

[60]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 15
    zepherous35 wrote:
    basenji529 wrote:

A. 1

B. 2

C. 3

D. 4

Im pretty sure 3. The galaxy, the Rishi Maze, and the one shown in the Jedi archives in Ep II. I think its called the second satellite galaxy. That's as of Episode II.

Lacking another name, you are correct, sir.

This one requires a bit of thought: Judging by the canon Skywalker family, midichlorians appear to be different from other organelles in what way?

A. They have their own DNA.

B. They are silicon-based.

C. They use L-sugars and D-amino acids.

D. They are inherited through the male line.

Edited on 03/16/2009 9:20pm