Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

The Official Off-Topic/Star Wars in General Thread

zepherous35

[1]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 26

Thanks Brodoin for the great idea. I supported it fully. We should be sticky'd anytime. Thank you JusticeLeaguer for that. Theres been something I been wanting to discuss on here, so I guess Ill post first.

Has anyone seen highlights from Star Wars: In Concert? I looks plain amazing. I have read over 200 reviews, and people just adore it. If you are a Star Wars fan, it is an experience of a lifetime. I will be attending in the next month or so, and I will post how the experience is. I am so excited!

Welcome to the new thread friends!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Brodoin15

[2]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 20

There is a Star Wars music concert thing going on?

I haven't read about that on Wookieepedia, and I must've missed it on StarWars.com.

How long has it been going on?

zepherous35

[3]Oct 22, 2009

Dude, its been advertised everywhere. It is going around the country right now. Go to the main site for the web address. Tickets are pretty expensive, but worth every penny. It was just touring Europe, but now it is going around the US. Its only in designated cities for 1 day. Ive said it many times, Wookieepedia severely lacks on a lot of things. I will be attending in the next month or so, and will let everyone know how it is.

Also, I read today that Lucas is considering making another Star Wars Trilogy. Yes, thats right, 3 more movies! Instead of re-releasing the Saga in 3D, he wants to make a whole new trilogy, with a brand new story, in 3D. Amazing, is putting it lightly. Ill be posting more as I hear it. This comes from an inside source, and it seems feesible. I will post the link in my blog. Also, I read earlier this year, that there were renovations being preformed in Tunisia on the Mos Espa set. A guy was asked what was going on, and it was mentioned that he didnt know, but said there was a new Star Wars being made. Coincidence? I am sure if it is true, it will be mentioned at Celebration V next year. If it is, I will post something as soon as I hear it, as I will be there live.

Brodoin15

[4]Oct 22, 2009

I must've missed seeing it.

A new trilogy would be great! As a fan, I'd see them no matter what. I do hope if it does happen, that he'll put a lot of work into it. People say the newer trilogy wasn't good, but that's just because they compare the the original, which was almost perfect, I thinks. The newer movies were great, in my opinion. Not as good as the original, but great. If Lucas can keep it as well as he did the prequels, or even better, like the originals, they'll be great.

Personal, I'd rather not watch it in 3D. Those glasses hurt my eyes.

Where would he place the new trilogy? There are a lot of books that take place after Episode VI, so unless he'll want to change around the timeline with some books... he'll need to look for an open spot.

Although, a movie about the Yuuzhan Vong war would be awesome. With what happens to Chewbacca, and the final battle of Corusant that ended the war... if done right those, and many other things, could be pretty epic for a movie.

zepherous35

[5]Oct 22, 2009

I disagree about the Yuuzhan Vong. And Lucas said that the NJO was his least favorite of the whole EU. He was very disappointed in it. Im not sure where they could place it. I understand about the 3D. I am not a big fan of it. But if Lucas does it, it will be good. I agree that the prequels were extremely good. I enjoyed each one of them. I love the original trilogy, as well. Ill admit, I watch the original trilogy alot more often than the prequels. Albeit, Episode III is my favorite.

Back to the OP, you should definitely check out the concert. As I said, I have read 200+ reviews and people say it is a cant miss. One person said if you are a diehard Star Wars fan and you miss this concert, you will regret it the rest of your life. I mean, its going to be plain amazing! Check out its website. The tickets are there, and it is touring the whole country, and a couple of places in Canada. I am so excited to go, its going to be an experience of a lifetime.

Brodoin15

[6]Oct 23, 2009

I just thought that if Lucas did it right, he could make an on-screen death of Chewbacca a really good, yet very sad scene. And the final battle, with it's size, would be pretty epic to watch. It is a lot to put into only three movies, though, so I doubt if movies are made, that they'll be about the war. Still, I wonder what he's thinking. With Anakin's life shown already, and with him dead, it cannot be about him. They could be with Luke, but there has been so much about the EU with him, from being a young Jedi to the Grand Master, a lot has been shown.

He could be thinking of a while new series with new characters. He would have to be careful, and take his time to make it good, though. If it's made, I want to see good reviews, not just mixed. And no jokes like it being called Star Wars: Episode VII: Milking the Series or anything like that.

Any idea if the concert is coming anywhere in South Carolina? I'd love to see it, but not travel out of state. And what is it about? Do they play the Star Wars music with movie clips or something? It must be something special, right? Because as much as I love the music, it just seems like something too special for it to just be a band playing the theme songs.

zepherous35

[7]Oct 23, 2009
    Hey. The concert will be in Greenville SC on Nov 5th, and in North Charleston SC on Nov 6th. I dont have much time to post right now but here are a few things. The concert is played to a 3 story tall LCD screen showing clips from the movies. They contain clips from the whole saga, and are in montages and brilliantly put together clips to go right along with the music. Also, they intermingle dialogue. It makes for an amazing show! You should definitely be going. It is an experience of a lifetime. It also has props from the Lucasfilm archives, and characters from the saga present. Also, Anthony Daniels is the host. Ill be back later to post more. Let me know what you think.

Brodoin15

[8]Oct 23, 2009

Clips from the movies matched up with the music... I seriously got to try to go. And you get to see Anthony for real. right? That's the next best thing to meeting him is simply seeing him.

How much are tickets?

zepherous35

[9]Oct 23, 2009
    He also meets and greets some people before the show. I will be there like 3 hours early so I will have the chance to talk with him, if possible. If not, I will talk to him at Celebration. Tickets are around 75$. I havent read a negative review of the show. I mean, people are saying its more exciting than anything they have every seen of anything Star Wars. I wouldnt miss it for the world! Ill be going within the next few months. If I were you, I would look for tickets now, because they disappear fast. You will want seats where you can see the screen. I mean, the thing is freakin huge! Just go to its website, and everything you will need is there. Just click the "Get Tickets Now" button, and there you go.

Brodoin15

[10]Oct 23, 2009

I need to go see it...

Curse my lack of money and jobs in my area.

zepherous35

[11]Oct 23, 2009
    I understand that man. Its a rough time right now for everyone. It just a once in a lifetime opportunity. This concert may never come around again. Ive kept an eye on it since last year, when it was in Europe. I couldnt believe when they said it was coming here and Anthony Daniels was traveling with it. An amazing show, indeed. Keep me posted whether you will be going or not. If not, I will post some pictures and a full recap on my blog. Are you going to Celebration V?

merlinrules09

[12]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 11
    zepherous35- where did you find out about the new trilogy ?
    Edited on 10/24/2009 2:31am

Brodoin15

[13]Oct 24, 2009

If I get a break, I'll go for sure.

Anything special going to happen at the Celebration?

zepherous35

[14]Oct 24, 2009

Celebrations are always amazing. Next year is the year of Boba Fett, so I think it will be an interesting convention. I am sure they will mention something about the live-action series, as well as more about The Clone Wars. You never know. It is quite an amazing experience. No one knows when or where it will be, but it is definitely in summer of next year.

Also, I read about the new trilogy from a blogger that knows someone in Lucasfilm.

Brodoin15

[15]Oct 24, 2009

I should really try to go.

I've made it a personal mission of mine to meet someone from the Star Wars movies. I don't even care who. Also to get an autograph.

Although, it would be one of my best days ever if I could meet and get an autograph from Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, or any other lead actor/actress. (Even though I already have an autograph picture of Mark, Carrie, and Harrison that I bought on eBay.) Or George Lucas himself.

If that were to happen I'd end up comparing other good days to that one.

I see myself saying "Nope, not even close" several times.

zepherous35

[16]Oct 24, 2009
    I have all the main actors autographs. Also, I have George Lucas', Jeremy Bulloch, Ray Park, Kenny Baker, Anthony Daniels, David Prowse, and James Earl Jones. Are you a hyperspace member? Ive heard we will get special benefits at Celebration. You really have to watch for the tickets. I have heard from someone who went to Celebration IV that the tickets were gone in only a few days time. I am hoping for Orlando (and I dont live anywhere near there), but I will go anywhere in the country for it. They have said it will be on the East Coast somewhere, with Orlando and Chicago being the front runners. Im excited about the merchandise. They have so many exclusive items at Celebration, Ill have to take an empty suitcase just to bring stuff back! I am determined to meet George Lucas, though. That would be the best experience in my lifetime.

zepherous35

[17]Oct 24, 2009

I just learned from Fan Days III that they dont have a contract set for the location for Celebration V yet. However, Sansweet stated we will know something within 6-8 weeks. Apparently, that is their deadline. Also, from what was said, I gather that they will tell the location and dates at the same time. Hopefully we get this news before Xmas.

Also, Lucasfilm was asked today if they plan more Star Wars movies, and they said a firm "No". However, they like to keep things close, so they may just be keeping a secret. We shall see in the coming days. At least we got some more Celebration news. It will be here before we know it.

merlinrules09

[18]Oct 24, 2009
    zepherous35 wrote:

I just learned from Fan Days III that they dont have a contract set for the location for Celebration V yet. However, Sansweet stated we will know something within 6-8 weeks. Apparently, that is their deadline. Also, from what was said, I gather that they will tell the location and dates at the same time. Hopefully we get this news before Xmas.

Also, Lucasfilm was asked today if they plan more Star Wars movies, and they said a firm "No". However, they like to keep things close, so they may just be keeping a secret. We shall see in the coming days. At least we got some more Celebration news. It will be here before we know it.

It's just over 1/2 a year away...

Willy105

[19]Oct 24, 2009
    STAR WARS IN CONCERT is the best concert of all time. OF ALL TIME.

No really, I was blown away.

Willy105

[20]Oct 24, 2009
    I don't see George Lucas making anew trilogies, because his story is over. All he made was the story for Skywalker, and The Force Unleashed. That's pretty much it.

Any new movies will be made by other people and will be considered Expanded Universe. Like The Clone Wars.