Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

The Official Off-Topic/Star Wars in General Thread

Brodoin15

[61]Nov 4, 2009
    • level: 20

Could never replace Slave Leia, eh?

SPOILER ALERT

He was already very close, if not already over the line as, at least, a dark Jedi. So that duel with Obi-Wan, coupled with being exiled from his tribe, must've sent him over the edge. And then he was kidnapped by the Vong, right?

Such a shame that he was one of the Jedi to survive Order 66. (Not shame as in he didn't die then, but shame he didn't do anything good.)

SPOILERS END

I've been thinking about Jedi who survived Order 66, and I was wondering: Other than the ones known - Obi-Wan, Yoda, K'Kruhk, Vos, and any other - how many other Jedi do you think survived?

Personally, I'm thinking around a few dozen random Jedi.

Total, with known and random unkown Jedi survivors, I'm thinking around 100 Jedi suvivors across the galaxy. Give or take.

Which leads me to my second question in this topic: How many of them do you think survived up to when Episode IV took place?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zepherous35

[62]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 26

Id guess about 100 also. Closer to 0 BBY? Probably far fewer.

Ive been hearing nothing but good things about Star Wars: In Concert. Were you able to get tickets? I am going in less than a month! I am very excited for this once in a lifetime experience.

Did you hear that Baltimore is out for CV? We are suppose to hear about the location and dates in the next 4-6 weeks. That is going to be a great convention. So many Star Wars fans in one place. And, it is the year of Boba Fett, so that is going to be exciting. I am actually hoping to hear about the live-action series in more detail while attending.

Brodoin15

[63]Nov 8, 2009

I made a list of Jedi who both survived Order 66, as well as lived on to, and past 0 ABY. As well as a list with Jedi that might be alive at 0 ABY. (Keep in mind these are just off the top of my head, there may be some more.)

Known

1) Obi-Wan (He dies in 0 ABY, but he still lived till then.)

2) Yoda

3) Several Iron Knights

4) K'Kruhk

5) T'ra Saa

6) Empatojayos Brand

7) Ikrit

8. Echuu Shen-Jon

9) A'Sharad Hett

10) Qu Rahn

Possible

1) Maris Brood

2) Quinlan Vos

3) Rahm Kota

4) Chase Peru

5) Younglings that Chase Peru and K'Kruhk saved

6) Dass Jennir

7) Bardan Jusik

That is all I can think of right now that are known to have survived - at least until their deaths after 0 ABY - as well as some who are still alive in between Episodes III and IV, but are yet to be shown in a story alive after 0 ABY. (As far as I can know.)

Sadly no, I didn't. I wanted to, but I was unable to get the money in order to go see it. Sucks too, because when I went on the website where it was going to be in, it offered me third row seats. It figured.

Yeah, sounds like a good celebration. Even if I don't go, I'm going to be sure to keep an eye out for big news.

Edited on 11/08/2009 10:55am

zepherous35

[64]Nov 8, 2009
    Ferus Olin, Jax Pavan, Laranth Tarak (Gray Paladin), Shaak Ti, Fy-Tor-Ana, Even Piell, Ry-Gaul; just a few others that survived Order 66. Also, Obi-Wan died in 0 BBY. I am sorry to hear that you couldnt get tickets for the Concert. Ive heard it is quite the show.

Brodoin15

[65]Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I know. I was simply making list off the top of my head on ones that survived in Order 66, and lived on past 0 ABY.

True, he died before the battle, but not long before. A day, at the most, I think.

If only it was either closer, or cheaper. :/

zepherous35

[66]Nov 8, 2009
    I understand. I was just lucky and it wasnt terribly far away. The tickets were a little high, but Ive seen them much higher for concerts. I bought 5 tickets so it hit me hard, but I decided a long time ago, anything Star Wars is worth it. You should really look into CV. Its is down to Orlando, Chicago, Indianapolis, and Minneapolis. Personally, I am wanting it to go to Orlando, just due to the fact that I like that city, and it would make arrangements for airplane, hotel, and car service much easier. I keep an eye on it, but they arent giving very many details. Im hoping to hear something towards Xmas. I am hoping to talk to George Lucas himself. There arent very many VIP tickets, so I am keeping a close eye on it. I am hoping to find out something soon.

Brodoin15

[67]Nov 8, 2009

If I were to go, it would have to be in Orlando. I've been there several times before, so it wouldn't be unfamiliar as Chicago or another city. Plus the drive isn't as long, so I could save money and just drive.

zepherous35

[68]Nov 8, 2009

Ill go anywhere in the country. None of the cities are even remotely close to where I live. Im looking forward to it. My brother is dressing up in full Stormtrooper Armor. Everyone will want their picture with him lol. He ll fit right in with the 501st, Im sure. Im getting a few items custom made for the convention, so I wont feel at a total loss lol. You know, I thought I would mention, the Concert is coming back down to around your area again. You should look into it. You never know; I dont think you should miss it.

On another note: I am balancing whether or not to watch The Clone Wars anymore. As of this moment, I am no longer going to watch it.

Brodoin15

[69]Nov 8, 2009

Not to sound selfish, but I am kind of hoping a buddy of mine is going to invite me to the concert.

I have always wanted a full set of Stormtrooper armour. If I ever got a set I could wear, well, I'd be "that weird guy down the street," that's for sure. lol

Personally, I'm going to stick with the series. It may not be what we wanted, but hey, it's Star Wars none-the-less. I guess I'm not just that picky. No offense.

zepherous35

[70]Nov 8, 2009
    It barely, barely passes as Star Wars. ESB is the most popular movie of the Saga for a reason. Filoni said this season mirrors that Episode. I laugh everytime I think of that because it is so far from true. This series is a poor excuse for a Saturday morning cartoon. Ive seen seriels with more character development than this series. Its really too bad, but I am not going to let Filoni ruin these characters for me. Ive spent too much time learning about them and coming to love them, and hes not going to make me hate them with this ridiculous excuse for a series.

Brodoin15

[71]Nov 8, 2009

Well, I always try to keep a little, four word sentence in mind at times like this.

"It could be worse."

Anyway, here's something: What are some of your biggest shockers or surprises from Star Wars? Anything at all.

For me, a few would be:

1) The discovery of who Darth Krayt really was.

2) The death of Chewbacca.

3) The return of Sidious via his clones. (To be honest, this has kind of bugged me, because Anakin was meant to be the chosen one, and Sidious having his clones come back kind of places Anakin's sacrafice in vain.)

zepherous35

[72]Nov 8, 2009

The biggest surprise is watching ESB for the first time and learning Vader is Luke's father. I remember when I first watched that, and I was just like "Wow."

The death of Anakin Solo was a surprise to me. I always like his character, I hated to see him go.

I was surprised when I found out Ferus Olin watched over Leia all those years. I always wondered if someone watched her like Obi-Wan watched Luke.

Another would be that Rahm Kota wasnt really blind throughout teaching Galen. Fun game, not very fond of the story. I liked the Bria Tharen angle better, and I consider it to be more valuable than the story of Galen Marek. Some people see it differently, and like Galen better. Bria is a favorite of mine, and I would never change her story for something else.

There are more, Ill have to think about it.

And I agree about Sidious. I never did like that storyline with the Clones and such. I am a firm believer in the prophecy, and Anakin was the Chosen One. He brought balance to the Force. But, I mean, that balance only lasted a few years? Whats that about? So, I definitely understand your position with that.

Brodoin15

[73]Nov 9, 2009

I've been confused on Anakin's "bringing balance to the Force." He killed Sidious in the ends, but he had clones, then there's Dark Jedi like Jerec and Dessan, and Darth Krayt's Sith Empire. (Then again, Kyle Katarn killed Jerec and Desann.)

Don't get me wrong, I like those stories, but it kind of all breaks Anakin's purpose.

I do think it is possible, however, that after Anakin died, the legacy of the Chosen One was passed on into the Skywalker name itself. I'm not so sure if that would be plausible, though.

After seeing Krayt's Empire in Legacy, though, it makes me wonder if Cade is the new Chosen One. Got to think outside the box, I suppose.

Speaking of Legacy, I've been thinking: A friend and I were talking about Legacy, and we were saying that since Cade is Luke's decendent, they should, if they haven't already, include a decendent of Han. Put a Solo into the story.

I'm not sure if they have or not. It's been a while since I picked up a new comic. (My local book store should put up the new issues more often, I almost always see the last month's issue still up there.)

Edited on 11/09/2009 12:28pm

fryman1701

[74]Nov 9, 2009
    • level: 7

Regarding a Solo in 'Legacy', I always assumed Marasiah Fel was a descendant of Jaina and Jag, so what, great great great granddaughter of Han and Leia?

Brodoin15

[75]Nov 9, 2009

Perhaps.

But still, I'd like to see someone with the last name Solo alongside Cade. Family they may be, but it's still the Skywalker name along the Solo name.

zepherous35

[76]Nov 9, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:

I've been confused on Anakin's "bringing balance to the Force." He killed Sidious in the ends, but he had clones, then there's Dark Jedi like Jerec and Dessan, and Darth Krayt's Sith Empire. (Then again, Kyle Katarn killed Jerec and Desann.

It is confusing. I always took it as the fact that the prophecy is false. I guess it depends where you draw your lines for the story. Some people consider the EU just that, the EU. They dont consider it to not effect the Saga. I believe it does, but that the Saga is the ultimate word. I believe in the prophecy, and that Anakin brought balance to the Force. Luke did not have the power to stop the Emperor. Only Vader did, because he was the Chosen One. The other stories are inconsequential in my eyes.

fryman1701

[77]Nov 10, 2009
    • level: 7
    I feel that in a number of ways, the prophecy was passed down the Skywalker line. Luke brought balance by reintroducing the Vong to the Force. Jacen even saw the balancing act in visions during the events of 'Balance Point'. Jacen brought balance by galvanizing the galaxy against him. I think Cade may still bring balance by defeating the one sith. Once it is balanced, is it always going to stay that way? Part of Anakin bringing things into balance was the almost total destruction of the top heavy, all too arrogant Jedi order. It seems that bringing balance to the force requires great pain and sacrifice on the part of a bunch of people. does bringing balance to the Force insure peace? Sorry, I have started to ramble.

zepherous35

[78]Nov 10, 2009
    Brodoin: I just read some more Star Wars: In Concert reviews. Get this, the lady has never seen Star Wars!! She said she knows nothing of the story, nothing of the characters, nothing! And she STILL said the show was an experience of a lifetime. Just on pure assumption, she said that it would be a Star Wars fan's dream come true. Thats not anything we havent heard before. I was just very surprised that a journalist had never seen any of the Saga. I mean, that should be a crime or something. But, it just goes to show you how amazing the show is, for it to touch a non-Star Wars fan like that. It is going to be amazing for us! I am so excited, I am counting the days!

Willy105

[79]Nov 10, 2009
    • level: 11
    Star Wars In Concert is so awesome, it was actually emotional, there were two arts where it was really sad (the Anakin and Padme theme, and the one where Darth Vader dies.) Your throat gets heavy.

zepherous35

[80]Nov 10, 2009
    Willy105 wrote:
    Star Wars In Concert is so awesome, it was actually emotional, there were two arts where it was really sad (the Anakin and Padme theme, and the one where Darth Vader dies.) Your throat gets heavy.

If you dont mind me asking, which show did you go see? I am just wondering how the screen is and the lasershow in person. I only have a few weeks, and Im really excited. When I walk in that stadium, its going to be a dream come true for me.