Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

The Official Off-Topic/Star Wars in General Thread

zepherous35

[101]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 26
    What is your most cherished item?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fryman1701

[102]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 7
    Mail order non-force ghost Anakin in jedi robes from RotJ. Had to send in points from the backs of packages to get it in '83 or '84. Sits in the middle of one of my Vader displays. Never sold in stores. It f'ing rocks

Brodoin15

[103]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 20

I don't know, to be honest. I don't really have a favourite item I own. I have so much its hard to choose.

If I abosolutly had to choose, however, I'd probably go with my autograph picture of Luke, Leia and Han sighned by Mark, Carrie, and Harrison. (I suppose it's a little extra special to me because Harrison Ford is my favourite actor.)

captaintombatch

[104]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 32
    Does anybody actually own the Star Wars Christmas Special featuring the cast of Star Wars: Episode IV from 1978? I really want to see it, as bad as it sounds from other members of the forum for that show.

I really don't own anything of great value from the Star Wars universe, but perhaps I should get some stuff. What do you all recommend. Mainly Brodoin and zepherous

zepherous35

[105]Nov 18, 2009
    Hey capt. Really, its a choice of taste. Some people like the action figures, vehicles, statues, master replicas, etc. Im more multifaceted. I like all of it. I recommend the statues/premium figures. Those are really nice, but are pretty pricey for each one. Especially of odd/rare characters. I also like the Master Replica lightsabers, Ahsoka's and Mara Jade's being my favorite ones. I have about 12 of those lightsabers myself. Honestly, I would hunt down the 30th Anniversary Collection. It has some really nice pieces; I have that entire collection myself. Oh, and definitely the new Darth Talon premium figure, its.....WOW! Lol.

Brodoin15

[106]Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, I agree. It's personal preferences, really. Whatever you are into most.

I'll collect anything I can get my hands on, personally. Action figures are good, especially rare ones. LEGOs are good too, although most recent models have been rather flimsy. I can't tell you how many times I've needed to rebuild my B-Wing.

Just collect whatever you want. Anywhere is a good place to start.

captaintombatch

[107]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 32
    Thanks for the input everyone

fryman1701

[108]Nov 20, 2009

captaintombatch wrote:
    Does anybody actually own the Star Wars Christmas Special featuring the cast of Star Wars: Episode IV from 1978? I really want to see it, as bad as it sounds from other members of the forum for that show.

It is almost completely unwatchable, with the exception of the Boba Fett cartoon midway through, but just watch that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmoEJ9HOPeY

I actually do have the holiday special complete with commercials (fighting the frizzies), unfortunately it is VHS and I have yet to correctly archive it to disc. just one more project once the semester ends.

fryman1701

[109]Nov 20, 2009
    arrgh, sorry for screwing the link. orz

Willy105

[110]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 11
    The animation is incredibly dated. But it made me want to see more of Genny's 2D Star Wars.

zepherous35

[111]Nov 23, 2009
    Anyone seen the hand-blown glass panorama? It is a beautiful Star Wars montage picture! I ordered it like 6 or 7 months ago.

Brodoin15

[112]Nov 27, 2009

Sounds nice.

I've not heard of it thought. Got a picture?

fryman1701

[113]Nov 27, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:

Sounds nice.

I've not heard of it thought. Got a picture?

Hella, I have not heard of this either

fryman1701

[114]Nov 27, 2009
    here it is, and now that I think about it, I did see this a while ago, just didn't have the money, so I erased it from my mind

zepherous35

[115]Nov 27, 2009

Its a nice piece, I just had to get it. I mean, its almost 2 ft long. It has 18 LEDs in it, its going to be a nice piece for the collection. Also, Ive heard the Darth Talon premium figures are completely sold out. I am SO glad I bought my the day it was announced.

Also, Im am going to Star Wars In Concert very, very soon. I am going to post while I am there, so everyone can share the experience. Im hoping to get a lot of pictures so I can keep the memories forever. There is a 21 minute video of behind the scenes footage for the Concert up on the main site. Its a great video and I recommend watching it.

fryman1701

[116]Nov 28, 2009
    I love that my 2 1/2 year old son will lay there and watch Tartakovsky's clone wars vol. 1. Calls Yoda yaya and it just makes my happy. He has actually seen the words "long ago in a galaxy far, far away" on the screen and said 'Star Wars' with a huge smile on his face.

Nickylucas

[117]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 23

Lets talk about the prequels for a sec - who thought they were good, who thought they were great, and who thought they were horrible?

Willy105

[118]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 11
    The prequels were great movies. The only thing bad about them was the director. Lucas paced the movies so slowly people would definitely get bored, especially during the political drama.

Everything else, however, is fantastic, especially the music.

They don't deserve the hate they get, not one bit. I'd rather see them than the original trilogy anyway.

zepherous35

[119]Nov 29, 2009
    fryman1701 wrote:
    I love that my 2 1/2 year old son will lay there and watch Tartakovsky's clone wars vol. 1. Calls Yoda yaya and it just makes my happy. He has actually seen the words "long ago in a galaxy far, far away" on the screen and said 'Star Wars' with a huge smile on his face.

Yea, my padawan does the same thing. Everytime he sees or hears the 20th Century Fox fanfare, he automatically says 'Star Wars'. He imitates Vader's breathing, he knows how to say Yoda, Threepio, Artoo, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Jabba, Chewbacca, among others; and he is also 2 1/2. He says those very clearly. But, we watch at least one of the episodes every week, so he really picks up on it. His favorite character is Darth Vader. He is very excited for the concert, he knows all the songs very well.

Brodoin15

[120]Nov 29, 2009

I thought the prequels were great movies. I never understood why people thought they were so bad. I know people found Jar-Jar to be annoying, but he was there for the kids. He made the prequels to both introduce a new generation to Star Wars, and show the story of how Anakin became Vader, what was the Clone Wars, how most of the Jedi were killed, and where the Empire came from.