Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2014)

The Official Off-Topic/Star Wars in General Thread

Brodoin15

[121]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 20

Anyone know any good websites to buy Clone/Stormtrooper armour? Preferably one with good prices (as cheap as possible without it being a bad costume) and the maker(s) accepts custom sizes.

Either that or a website that shows you how to make your own armour.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zepherous35

[122]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 26
    I just purchased some from that one and only auction site. You'll probably want to spend 1,500$-2,000$ for a good set. The cheaper knockoffs are very disappointing, and they are flimsy. I would get one with the MR helmet, and a set that is preassembled. You could very well spend a month assembling it. Just go to the above mentioned site, and check it out. Usually, if its under 1,000$, its not worth it (unless someone is desperate).

Brodoin15

[123]Nov 29, 2009

I may not be able to afford it now, but I do plan on saving money for one. I am willing to pay what pretty much anything for one. I don't need to be able to wear it, I wouldn't mind just having one on display for my house, but it would be a huge bonus if I am able to wear it. Which is why I'd really like to order it from people whom I can send a size chart of myself so they can make one I can wear. I don't want to risk buying a set size (small, medium, large, XL, etc) because it could end it too small/big.

I don't mind if I need to finish building it. I was thinking of making it myself, using a website, but that would take months, I might mess up, and it may cost more than just buying a set made by experienced makers. So I'll stick with buying a set.

Edited on 11/29/2009 4:44pm

zepherous35

[124]Nov 29, 2009
    A new Star Wars video game will be announced December 12th, 2009 on Spike TV.

fryman1701

[125]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 7
    Keeping my fingers crossed for a NJO game. I know it will never happen, but if we don't have hope, what do we have left?

Brodoin15

[126]Nov 30, 2009

Nice. Now I have a real reason to watch the Video Game Awards.

Can't wait to see what it'll be. A few I'll be hoping for are: Empire at War 2, a new Jedi Knight game, and a game taking place in the Yuuzhan Vong war. But I wouldn't mind a brand new game with a new story and characters all together.

Oh, I almost forgot. Battlefront 3 would be sweet too. New maps, better graphics, new features. I'd love to see a new faction or two thrown in as well.

Edited on 11/30/2009 10:28am
    Edited 2 total times.

fryman1701

[127]Nov 30, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:

Nice. Now I have a real reason to watch the Video Game Awards.

Oh, I almost forgot. Battlefront 3 would be sweet too. New maps, better graphics, new features. I'd love to see a new faction or two thrown in as well.

hadn't even thought about Battlefront 3. That would rock. and no, there is no reason to watch anything on Spike. I'm sure the video will be online within minutes, thus saving you from the IQ melting that takes place when you tune into Spike

Brodoin15

[128]Nov 30, 2009

Well, I've watched the past few Video Game Awards mainly just to see what games I've played that year will win. But now, I'm not so sure if I even want to watch this year. In fact, I'll give you a small list of games that will - without a doubt - win at least one award.

Left 4 Dead 2 (Best Multi-player most likely)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Best FPS)

The Beatles: Rock Band (Best Music)

Batman Arkam Asylum (Best Action/Adventure)

Just to say a few.

And I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm probably right.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to the new Star Wars game. Already got something to look forward to in 2010.

fryman1701

[129]Nov 30, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:

And I don't mean to toot my own horn

Hey, nothing wrong with tooting your own horn, I do every chance I get.

Brodoin15

[130]Nov 30, 2009

lol Not really a phrase I usually say. Couldn't think of anything else. I wouldn't be surprise of those games did win those awards.

Seriously, though, this is good news. Seeing as ToR still has no release date, I'm hoping this new game comes out sooner rather than later. We'll see. Personally, I think it'll most likely be Battlefront 3, since they had that leaked video and concept art.

I do think they need a new Empire at War game, since Forces of Corruption ended with the Dathomir Witch (I forget her name) finding the frozen Sith army.

zepherous35

[131]Nov 30, 2009
    I watch Spike everytime Star Wars is on it. I watched the Scream awards for the past 2 years. I loved when Lucas won the Icon Award. It was dramatic, and the montage was beautifully done. Especially the end: "The Force will be with you...always...". That moment of that montage was just amazing. And when Lucas made that oh so rare appearance on stage, it was great. That was last years awards. And, Im definitely watching the Video Game Awards. Batman: Arkham Asylum deserves Game of the Year. Mark Hamill deserves best male voice actor. And "watching videos online" isnt half the experience of watching it on TV. Its a poor poor substitution. I have a LCD screen on my computer that is bigger than most people's TV, and I still refuse to watch movies on it. It just isnt the same experience as the theater or the television. I still havent understood the new craze of watching videos online. I surely dont do it, and dont intend to anytime soon.

Willy105

[132]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 11
    You know what I do?

I watch Youtube on the Wii.

Problem solved.

fryman1701

[133]Dec 1, 2009

All the TV I watch is THROUGH my computer, not on it. I just hook it up to my 42 inch plasma and watch everything in highdef. The Clone Wars in 720p is so much nicer than the normal low def blurry crap that you are forced to watch on cable. at least where I live, there is no cartoon network HD, so I wait a day and download a Canadian broadcast that looks better. plus, spike = brain drain. Everytime I see that one of the eps is on, prequal or original, I just grab the DVD and avoid the commercials.

Brodoin15

[134]Dec 1, 2009

Only time I really watch Star Wars on TV is if I turn it on and it's at a scene I like or one of the battles are starting. I've got the DVD's so I've no reason to watch the whole thing on TV.

The TV in my room isn't bad. It's old but I've not noticed much blur. Looks like any other TV to me. Besides when I turn on the HD channels on the one in the living room. Big wide-screen with 720P and HD channels. Nice.

I just wish I'd know that'd be in my house before I got the full-screen DVD set of the original Star Wars. I'm kind of upset that they cut the Tusken Raider walking into screen on the right side when Luke was looking for them in Episode IV. I'd forgotten one walks in. And you can't see it on the fullscreen version!

fryman1701

[135]Dec 1, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:

I'm kind of upset that they cut the Tusken Raider walking into screen on the right side when Luke was looking for them in Episode IV. I'd forgotten one walks in. And you can't see it on the fullscreen version!

Pan and scan (I prefer the term to full screen) should not exist at all. I have seen many movies that have had special effects destroyed because they have been blown up too to large a size, not to mention motion sickness from artificially smooth pans that didn't exist in the true versions, and conversations between characters becoming horrible cuts back and forth so both can be seen in what was meant to be a contiguous shot.

Brodoin15

[136]Dec 1, 2009

Yeah, you're right. My non-widescreen TV in my room does just find with widescreen movies, and you can see everything. Granted, the top and bottom thick lines are annoying on a TV that isn't widescreen, but it's better than cutting things out.

With all the things computers can do, now-a-days, you'd think it wouldn't be hard to digitally change it so it remains wide, but takes up top and bottom of the screen. That should be child's play compaired to the huge CGI battles.

fryman1701

[137]Dec 1, 2009

back in 2000 i worked at a Tower Video, DVDs were just starting to get big(although we had them in Sacramento since '95, gotta love being a test market) and customer after customer would come in and tell us 'there were these black bars on the top and bottom of the picture', or ' the top and bottom of the picture were cut off, this dvd is broken' I would tell them that was just widescreen format. most often the response was I don't have a widescreen TV. we kept this card by the registers with scenes from some old Cary Grant film, the name of which eludes me now, that showed pics from the same scene both pan and scan, and widescreen. It was a shot of two characters having dinner across the table from each other, in the PnS, you could only see one of the actors, all the way on one side of the shot while the widescreen had the whole shot. it was amazing when people would realize how much larger scenes were supposed to be. you lose in some cases almost 2/3rds of the picture when it is formatted

Willy105

[138]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 11
    I really don't like cropping movies to 4:3 TV's. Almost every Steven Spielberg movie is ruined by this.

The Star Wars movies also suffer, the edges of the screen are basically the whole Star Wars world.

fryman1701

[139]Dec 2, 2009

Willy105 wrote:
    I really don't like cropping movies to 4:3 TV's. Almost every Steven Spielberg movie is ruined by this.

I think they are ruined by Spielberg himself ;P With the exception of Close Encounters. That movie is gold

Edited on 12/02/2009 9:26am

Brodoin15

[140]Dec 2, 2009

I've always thought Spielberg was a good director. With JAWS and ET, as well as Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park - two of my favourite movies - were all great. (War of the Worlds was cool, but could've been better.)

I think all DVD's should have the choice between widescreen, and fullscreen no matter what.

On the news of Star Wars, I've finished reading Republic Commando: Order 66, and I've started on Survivor's Quest. Been a while since I've read anything with Luke and Mara. Been reading pre-Clone Wars, and during Clone Wars books lately.

By the way, I've been wondering. Exactly how old is Luke, Han, and Leia as of the newest Fate of the Jedi book?

Edited on 12/02/2009 10:37am
    Edited 2 total times.