We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2014)

What is the difference between the 2 Clone War series?

Peggy_Porcupine

[1]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 13

We have Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2005) with Seasons 1 and 2 starting November 1, 2003 and ended March 25, 2005.

And we have this series, same name, starting October 3, 2008 and continues.

Are they the same series only continued on another network? If so does season 1 newby continue from where the 2005 series left off?

In advance, thank you for your help!

~ Peggy Bendell, aka Peggy from Porcupine

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

captaintombatch

[2]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 32
    lol no they are two different series altogether. I think the overall premise of this series is a modified continuation from the 2D series that ended in 2005 (which was on the same network by the way, Cartoon Network. The writers, animators, and directors are all different from the first series. There are inconsistencies that others on this forum can point out better than me between the two series'. And Season 1 does not continue immediately after the end of the original series. Unlike the first series, this series episodes are not aired in chronological order. It's a canon-series I think.

zepherous35

[3]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 26

Haven't seen one of these threads in awhile.

my1sunshine

[4]Dec 10, 2011
    • level: 12

I choose to think of both as cannon, even though the Mictoseries (the first/cartoon one) animation kinda sucks. Cannon-wise, the Microseries introduces Ventris and Greivous, as well as showing Anakin being knighted, and Threepio getting his gold plating. The chronloogy of the two seems confusing, since the Microseries picks up right after the conclusion of Episode 2, and finishes right at the beginning of Episode 3.. but if you have both DVD volumes of it (now out of print... no idea why).. Volume one, and then the first quarter or so of Volume 2 ( up to the part where Annakin sees Padme for the first time with his facial scar)... takes place before this series. Anything after that (the rest of Volume two, tkes place just before Episode 3, and therefore after this series ends.

basenji529

[5]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 15

Neither one is cannon.

This is cannon:

This is, unfortunately, canon:

Canon-wise, I don't know how it all fits together. LFL has an "everything's canon if it doesn't have infinities on it" policy, although I don't think Droids and Ewoks are canon.

This, however, is canon, as mind-raping as it is:

my1sunshine

[6]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 12

Are we being just a weee bit over the top? Sorry about the misspelling. I was just trying to help out. The insulting attitude wan't needed.

basenji529

[7]Dec 22, 2011
    • level: 15

Hey, you really can't blame me for mentioning that. It's just that "cannon" bugs me. Not as much as other stuff.