Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

What's the final fate of Captain Rex?

What happens to Captain Rex after the series?

merlinrules09

[21]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 11
    Brodoin15 wrote:

merlinrules09 wrote:
    Would it be possible for Rex to become a commander (or another rank higher than captain) before the end of the series ?

Possibly.

Which reminds me. Why isn't Rex a Commander in the first place? He's part of the 501st, and Anakin is the General of the 501st. We also do not see any other high-ranking clone in the 501st other than Rex. It is possible that Anakin's original clone Commander was killed off-screen, however Rex has shown enough courage, tactics, and skill to be put up for the Commander rank. Anakin sure seems to see Rex the same as Obi-Wan views Cody.

Perhaps it is because Jedi Padawans, such as Ahsoka, have the rank Commander in the army, however Rex was still a Captain before Ahsoka became Anakin's Padawan.

I suppose those at LucasFilm thought Captain Rex sounded better than Commander Rex.

Maybe they'll keep it the way it is for the now, then they might think about it. Maybe he'll become a commander in season 3 or 4 or possibly 2...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

merlinrules09

[22]Oct 13, 2009
    Maybe Captain Rex joins the Rebel Alliance, possibly... I wonder how i didn't think about that before. If he does join the Rebel Alliance, then he could be in the live action series.

zepherous35

[23]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 26
    merlinrules09 wrote:
    Maybe Captain Rex joins the Rebel Alliance, possibly... I wonder how i didn't think about that before. If he does join the Rebel Alliance, then he could be in the live action series.

He could join some rebellion, on some planet. But, the Rebel Alliance wasnt created until much later. If they do the live-action series with him(which I doubt), he would have be a member of a certain planets rebellion(if he is at all). Maybe even work under Bria on Corellia.

fryman1701

[24]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    Brodoin15 wrote:

Which reminds me. Why isn't Rex a Commander in the first place? He's part of the 501st, and Anakin is the General of the 501st. We also do not see any other high-ranking clone in the 501st other than Rex. It is possible that Anakin's original clone Commander was killed off-screen, however Rex has shown enough courage, tactics, and skill to be put up for the Commander rank. Anakin sure seems to see Rex the same as Obi-Wan views Cody.

Perhaps it is because Jedi Padawans, such as Ahsoka, have the rank Commander in the army, however Rex was still a Captain before Ahsoka became Anakin's Padawan.

Rex is the Captain of Torrent company, a part of the 501st, while I believe Appo (CC-1119) was the Commander of the entire 501st until his death at the hands of Roan Shryne

Brodoin15 wrote:

I suppose those at LucasFilm thought Captain Rex sounded better than Commander Rex.

Rex was originally going to be Alpha, an already established character from the comics, until someone at Lucasfilm realized three of the four main names would start with the letter A

fryman1701

[25]Nov 20, 2009
    also, named after RX-24 'captain' Rex from Star Tours

Brodoin15

[26]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 20

I thought Appo was commander of the 501st during, and after the attack on the Jedi Temple. Since clone Commanders stay with their Jedi Generals, and since we've yet to see Appo, I still don't see why they made Rex a Captain. If we ever see Appo in the series, I'll understand. (Although, then the question will rise as to why Appo was never with Anakin in battle.)

Although, I have been thinking, and it is possible that Rex is an ARC Captain. Captain Maze is an ARC, and he is second to General Arligan Zey. So it's possible for Rex to be an ARC as well, because it seems ARC's that are second in command to Jedi General still retain their Captain rank, and don't change to Commanders.

fryman1701

[27]Nov 20, 2009

Brodoin15 wrote:
    Although, I have been thinking, and it is possible that Rex is an ARC Captain. Captain Maze is an ARC, and he is second to General Arligan Zey. So it's possible for Rex to be an ARC as well, because it seems ARC's that are second in command to Jedi General still retain their Captain rank, and don't change to Commanders.

While Rex does wear a Kama, pauldron and rangefinder, I havent read or seen anything to prove that he is an ARC. He was promoted to cpt. after the first battle of Geonosis, and I assume that is when he was put in command of torrent company.

Brodoin15

[28]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 20

I just think its possible.

Another thing is that his personality seems different than that of a normal trooper. He seems more free-thinking. Which reminds me of ARC's and Commandos, who aren't trained like normal troopers.

Avinator5712

[29]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 2
    I have this old Revenge of the sith scrap book, and in it, it shows the clone commanders and how many men were under their control and were they are positioned. Rex isn't on their, hwoever, the 501st isn't their either, and all the clones that attacked the temple have the same basic color scheme as Rex, maybe he was with Anakin?

jonbotone

[30]Dec 16, 2009
    • level: 3

this is only in my opinion

but i think he will save ahsoka from order 66

merlinrules09

[31]Dec 18, 2009
    jonbotone wrote:

Even if he does, we won't be able to see it happen because the series will stop at the beginning of Episode III.

zepherous35

[32]Dec 18, 2009
    merlinrules09 wrote:
    jonbotone wrote:

Even if he does, we won't be able to see it happen because the series will stop at the beginning of Episode III.

Very true, if not way before then.

merlinrules09

[33]Dec 20, 2009
    zepherous35 wrote:
    merlinrules09 wrote:
    jonbotone wrote:

Very true, if not way before then.

I think the last episode of the series will show the chancellor getting captured, like at the end of the 2D series. Ahsoka could be one of the jedi who trys and saves the chancellor but she could then get killed...

Edited on 12/20/2009 5:27am

zepherous35

[34]Dec 20, 2009
    I dont think that will happen, for the sake of G-canon. I think she will become incapacitated (whether it be die, leave the order, lose her memory, etc) way before Episode III. Remember, Filoni has to make a good reason as to why she was not mentioned during that Episode. Well, that is, if he wants his series to have any respect at the end, which honestly, he doesnt really care about that I think. He has lost so many of the diehard fans' respect already.

lilReggie22

[35]Jan 4, 2013
    • level: 1

captain rex is a captain because commander cody was in some of the original star wars movies so there for rex came into it in the clone wars so even though the clone wars were in between episode 2 and 3 they were made after episode 3 was created.

firedrakes

[36]Jan 1, 2014
    • level: 13
    well ashoka well be in new series