Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

"Witches of the Mist" Discussion Thread

zepherous35

[1]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 26

Discuss the January 21st, 2011 episode "Witches of the Mist".

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

captaintombatch

[2]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 32
    Terrible episode. Though some moments were ok, the plot was horribly rushed. Too much was going on at once. First Savage is with Dooku, then on Torderia, then killing the king, then bringing him back. There were two seperate occasions that Dooku battled him along with the Jedi fighting him on separate occasions as well.

I am looking forward to the next three-part series where Ahsoka's mind gets taken over and turns her against Anakin. That will be exciting.

antdude

[3]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 28
    It started out slow, but got good during the fight scenes. Heh, Obi-Wan thought Darth Maul was alive. I missed the ending with the necklace with Darth Maul. Is Darth Maul alive? I rememeber seeing him fall to his death?, but also a black shadow or whatever it was splitting apart during his fall.

merlinrules09

[4]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 11

antdude wrote:
    It started out slow, but got good during the fight scenes. Heh, Obi-Wan thought Darth Maul was alive. I missed the ending with the necklace with Darth Maul. Is Darth Maul alive? I rememeber seeing him fall to his death?, but also a black shadow or whatever it was splitting apart during his fall.

We saw Darth Maul's legs falling off at the end of Ep.I. I wonder how they will explain his survival...

CJ42090

[5]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 12
    I didn't think the episode was terrible, but I agree with captaintombatch. There was too much going on in a half-hour window and it felt very rushed. This probably could have been a four-part story arc, with the third episode focusing on Savage and his training with Dooku and then the final episode focused on Obi-Wan and Anakin tracking Savage down. Having said that, the duel between Dooku, Ventress and Savage was incredible -- a highlight of the series. I thought Asajj was going to bite the dust, which is probably what should have happened because I'm not sure what else they can do with her character other than having her renounce the Dark Side. I'm not happy that Maul is (apparently) alive. I don't like it when characters are brought back from the dead and it seems redundant to bring back Maul now that we have Savage. I'll try to hold judgment until we see where this goes (hopefully) next season. Overall I thought this was the weakest chapter in an otherwise good trilogy.

captaintombatch

[6]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 32
    I guess I want to know if Savage Oppress really has a brother, or if he was partially lied to. I recall him killing who he believed was his brother at the end of "Monster". I wonder if that is who she's refering to, or if indeed it really is Darth Maul.

I think bringing Darth Maul back would be a disaster. I'm trying to figure out how you fall that far down and not die.

OmegaForteGS

[7]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 10

Probably the same way how Jedi can jump high, run fast etc, by using his remaining "force" powers to grab a ledge. Come one, even Luke Skywalker survived dropping down from a ridiculous hight into a shoot (After the I am your Father bit).

Also, weren't there several (non-canon) books where Darth Maul survived etc?
    1. Where he fights against Obi Wan between ep 3 & 4 with robot legs ofcourse and longer horns like Savage.
    2. A resurrected Darth Maul who fights against Darth Vader and loses because Vader is way more powerfull.

I am actually exited that Maul returns, with hopefully some flash backs to flesh out his training with Palpetine etc.

off topic: Reminds me of people saying Indy dropping down a waterfull multiple times is impossible in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, yet falling out of a plane while a rubber boat inflates in Temple of Doom is perfectly believable.

Edited on 01/22/2011 12:29pm

BrushYourTeeth

[8]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 10

I have nothing against Darth Maul being alive, as it could very well turn out to be interesting. I don't think he will be in some resurrected form or another, but rather he had made a Sith Holocron and the talisman given to Savage leads him to it, to learn and train. Darth Bane learned a lot of studying Sith Holocrons and they might go this route with Savage and he'll learn through his brother's memories.

I have two pieces of evidence to support it:

1- When Mother Telzon used her crystal ball to locate Savage, it showed him moving around, not a static image as was Maul's face.

2- George Lucas was pretty adamant that Darth Maul was dead, I recall him saying something along those lines.

Either way, after these great last three episodes, I'm fully confident in the future of this show, no matter which direction they go.

TKnHappyNess

[9]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 20

BrushYourTeeth wrote:

I have nothing against Darth Maul being alive, as it could very well turn out to be interesting. I don't think he will be in some resurrected form or another, but rather he had made a Sith Holocron and the talisman given to Savage leads him to it, to learn and train. Darth Bane learned a lot of studying Sith Holocrons and they might go this route with Savage and he'll learn through his brother's memories.

I have two pieces of evidence to support it:

1- When Mother Telzon used her crystal ball to locate Savage, it showed him moving around, not a static image as was Maul's face.

2- George Lucas was pretty adamant that Darth Maul was dead, I recall him saying something along those lines.

Either way, after these great last three episodes, I'm fully confident in the future of this show, no matter which direction they go.

The fans can make chars who die in actual events survive in the Expanded Universe. That's how Boba survived the Sarlacc

basenji529

[10]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 15

TKnHappyNess wrote:

The fans can make chars who die in actual events survive in the Expanded Universe. That's how Boba survived the Sarlacc

There actually is a story of a cyber-Maul getting revenge on Obi-Wan on Tatooine out there. Yes, I am aware that Obi-Wan sliced the bottom third of his viscera off.