Star Wars: The Clone Wars Forums

Saturday 9:30 AM on Cartoon NetworkBetween Seasons

"Witches of the Mist" Discussion Thread

  • Avatar of zepherous35

    zepherous35

    [1]Jan 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/10/08
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 4,492

    Discuss the January 21st, 2011 episode "Witches of the Mist".

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of captaintombatch

    captaintombatch

    [2]Jan 21, 2011
    • member since: 04/21/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,797
    Terrible episode. Though some moments were ok, the plot was horribly rushed. Too much was going on at once. First Savage is with Dooku, then on Torderia, then killing the king, then bringing him back. There were two seperate occasions that Dooku battled him along with the Jedi fighting him on separate occasions as well.

    I am looking forward to the next three-part series where Ahsoka's mind gets taken over and turns her against Anakin. That will be exciting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of antdude

    antdude

    [3]Jan 21, 2011
    • member since: 07/07/04
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 3,748
    It started out slow, but got good during the fight scenes. Heh, Obi-Wan thought Darth Maul was alive. I missed the ending with the necklace with Darth Maul. Is Darth Maul alive? I rememeber seeing him fall to his death?, but also a black shadow or whatever it was splitting apart during his fall.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of merlinrules09

    merlinrules09

    [4]Jan 22, 2011
    • member since: 12/29/08
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 690

    antdude wrote:
    It started out slow, but got good during the fight scenes. Heh, Obi-Wan thought Darth Maul was alive. I missed the ending with the necklace with Darth Maul. Is Darth Maul alive? I rememeber seeing him fall to his death?, but also a black shadow or whatever it was splitting apart during his fall.


    We saw Darth Maul's legs falling off at the end of Ep.I. I wonder how they will explain his survival...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CJ42090

    CJ42090

    [5]Jan 22, 2011
    • member since: 06/22/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 560
    I didn't think the episode was terrible, but I agree with captaintombatch. There was too much going on in a half-hour window and it felt very rushed. This probably could have been a four-part story arc, with the third episode focusing on Savage and his training with Dooku and then the final episode focused on Obi-Wan and Anakin tracking Savage down. Having said that, the duel between Dooku, Ventress and Savage was incredible -- a highlight of the series. I thought Asajj was going to bite the dust, which is probably what should have happened because I'm not sure what else they can do with her character other than having her renounce the Dark Side. I'm not happy that Maul is (apparently) alive. I don't like it when characters are brought back from the dead and it seems redundant to bring back Maul now that we have Savage. I'll try to hold judgment until we see where this goes (hopefully) next season. Overall I thought this was the weakest chapter in an otherwise good trilogy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of captaintombatch

    captaintombatch

    [6]Jan 22, 2011
    • member since: 04/21/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 4,797
    I guess I want to know if Savage Oppress really has a brother, or if he was partially lied to. I recall him killing who he believed was his brother at the end of "Monster". I wonder if that is who she's refering to, or if indeed it really is Darth Maul.

    I think bringing Darth Maul back would be a disaster. I'm trying to figure out how you fall that far down and not die.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OmegaForteGS

    OmegaForteGS

    [7]Jan 22, 2011
    • member since: 12/15/04
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 785

    Probably the same way how Jedi can jump high, run fast etc, by using his remaining "force" powers to grab a ledge. Come one, even Luke Skywalker survived dropping down from a ridiculous hight into a shoot (After the I am your Father bit).

    Also, weren't there several (non-canon) books where Darth Maul survived etc?
    1. Where he fights against Obi Wan between ep 3 & 4 with robot legs ofcourse and longer horns like Savage.
    2. A resurrected Darth Maul who fights against Darth Vader and loses because Vader is way more powerfull.

    I am actually exited that Maul returns, with hopefully some flash backs to flesh out his training with Palpetine etc.


    off topic: Reminds me of people saying Indy dropping down a waterfull multiple times is impossible in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, yet falling out of a plane while a rubber boat inflates in Temple of Doom is perfectly believable.

    Edited on 01/22/2011 12:29pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BrushYourTeeth

    BrushYourTeeth

    [8]Jan 22, 2011
    • member since: 10/30/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 22

    I have nothing against Darth Maul being alive, as it could very well turn out to be interesting. I don't think he will be in some resurrected form or another, but rather he had made a Sith Holocron and the talisman given to Savage leads him to it, to learn and train. Darth Bane learned a lot of studying Sith Holocrons and they might go this route with Savage and he'll learn through his brother's memories.


    I have two pieces of evidence to support it:


    1- When Mother Telzon used her crystal ball to locate Savage, it showed him moving around, not a static image as was Maul's face.


    2- George Lucas was pretty adamant that Darth Maul was dead, I recall him saying something along those lines.



    Either way, after these great last three episodes, I'm fully confident in the future of this show, no matter which direction they go.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TKnHappyNess

    TKnHappyNess

    [9]Jan 22, 2011
    • member since: 11/21/05
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,244

    BrushYourTeeth wrote:


    I have nothing against Darth Maul being alive, as it could very well turn out to be interesting. I don't think he will be in some resurrected form or another, but rather he had made a Sith Holocron and the talisman given to Savage leads him to it, to learn and train. Darth Bane learned a lot of studying Sith Holocrons and they might go this route with Savage and he'll learn through his brother's memories.


    I have two pieces of evidence to support it:


    1- When Mother Telzon used her crystal ball to locate Savage, it showed him moving around, not a static image as was Maul's face.


    2- George Lucas was pretty adamant that Darth Maul was dead, I recall him saying something along those lines.



    Either way, after these great last three episodes, I'm fully confident in the future of this show, no matter which direction they go.



    The fans can make chars who die in actual events survive in the Expanded Universe. That's how Boba survived the Sarlacc

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of basenji529

    basenji529

    [10]Jan 24, 2011
    • member since: 03/12/09
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 1,935

    TKnHappyNess wrote:


    The fans can make chars who die in actual events survive in the Expanded Universe. That's how Boba survived the Sarlacc



    There actually is a story of a cyber-Maul getting revenge on Obi-Wan on Tatooine out there. Yes, I am aware that Obi-Wan sliced the bottom third of his viscera off.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.