Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Holocron Heist

Aired Saturday 9:30 AM Oct 02, 2009 on Cartoon Network

• Good start to the second season...

All in all this was a good episode. Cad Bane was tolerable, as I am not a fan of his. I was worried a little bit about him stealing the Holocron, being he is just a bounty hunter. But with Sidious supplying some information, it made more sense. It was nice to see him. They dont really show him as Darth Sidious much on this series. I did find my mind drifting some early on in the episode. It did get a little boring. At one point, I had lost interest completely. However, it finally feels like Star Wars. I feel like it is finally good enough to carry the Star Wars name. On a final note, I liked the progression of Ahsoka's character. She is going to be very interesting to watch this season. She is becoming more and more like Anakin. A good start. Here's to having a great season!
  • You WILL take us to the Holocron.......epic.

This was a great episode because Cad Bane finally got what was coming to him. The best part was when Mace, Obi-Wan and Anakin used mind control on him simultaneously. I have never laughed so hard, and thought it was a brilliant move by the writers to do that. Never seen that before in any movie, comic or otherwise. The producers and writers of this show have done a great job with this show. To me, every show doesn't need to have light saber and space fighting in it to be good. A story should be told in every episode to keep the true fan interested and look forward to furthering the story every week. Me and my family can't wait for every new episode and look forward to the next one.
  • When Ahsoka disobeys orders, she's assigned to the Jedi Temple's archives as punishment, just as notorious bounty hunter Cad Bane plans a break-in and heist in the temple of a Jedi holocron.

The Clone Wars returns with a bang at the beginning of the episode, giving us a visually pleasing opening with the landing and battle on Episode III movie Felucia. Unfortunately, for me, this is one of the biggest highlights of the episode, as the rest I found somewhat lacking. Cad Bane makes his return after being introduced at the end of last season, and he gets the usual cool, collected demeanor he displayed before. We get a closer look at how he works and plans, working with another, shapeshifting bounty hunter as well as his (Seth Green voiced!) droid. It's interesting to get another episode with quite a bit of his perspective and brings more of that underworld element that was only seen sparingly in the first season. Other than that, though, the episode isn't as solid as it could have been. It had its ups, of course. The Bane story was fun and it's nice to see him under a bit of pressure after getting an episode and a half of complete calm and cool. The disguised Jocasta fight with Ahsoka was fun and it's nice to see that the bounty hunter wasn't exactly a saber expert, using wide, uncontrolled swings and cuts to get at Ahsoka. The episode, however, felt like less than the sum of its parts and didn't quite deliver as a season premiere. But the bad guys won again, so I'll give it credit for that. Fortunately, we were given the superior follow-up the next night.
  • Ahsoka Tano

Not the best possible season premiere i anticipated, i watched this pretty late and i kept yawning, meaning i didn't find it too exiting, too much jibber jabber and just one fight scene. Now, that fight scene came like a breath of fresh air in this episode, then i realized maybe that's why it was such a slow episode, for viewers to enjoy Ahsoka's athletics with the lightsaber. I've been following the series and i enjoy watching them, they're fun and most of time exiting, but the best thing in this whole series is Ahsoka, it's a character you grow quickly fond of and everytime she's around somehow you stay tuned. So, not the best possible episode for a Season Premiere, but a good one though.