Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Landing at Point Rain

Aired Saturday 9:30 AM Nov 04, 2009 on Cartoon Network

• With Geonosis' droid factories back up and running, the Republic returns to retake the planet. Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Ki-Adi-Mundi lead an attack on the surface, but when all three generals get shot down, the battle gets much more perilous.

After the quieter, tighter story we got last episode and some of the smaller scaled adventures, this episode blows it all open with half an hour of balls to the wall action. For those who thought the last hour or so was the best part of Episode II, this is an episode to love as it and three that follow serve as a sort of sequel to that first Battle of Geonosis. Here we get ships flying and exploding, blasters bolts screaming, lightsabers flaring, clones, droids, and bugs fighting and dying. Ki-Adi-Mundi makes his first appearance on the show and he's as memorable as the Jedi we've had so far. Rex gets his moments of taking down a destroyer droid and falling (courtesy of Anakin and Ahsoka in a great moment) from an exploding fortress. Clones use flamethrowers on Geonosians (which is somewhat surprising given the show's target audience, but it is a war show). Cody gets to lead one defense and we even get a return of Waxer and Boil from "Innocents of Ryloth". And to cap it all off, there's a air support rescue from the Y-Wings just as it looks like Kenobi and his troops are making a last stand (even if you know ol' Obi-Wan will survive, it's still cool!) This episode is a scale heretofore not seen on The Clone Wars, and it is amazing. Hats off to them for a fantastic episode, by far the best of season 2 to date.