Star Wars: The Clone Wars

The Zillo Beast

Aired Saturday 9:30 AM Apr 09, 2010 on Cartoon Network

• Good but not great

This episode was only "Fair" for a number of reasons.

First, it felt like a rip off of Godzilla and I'm wondering about Copyright Isuues....especially since "Zillo" is in the name. Kind of unoriginal, or maybe a joke?

Second, this episode kind of went downhill after the first five minutes. It kind of outdid itself when it did a huge battle at the start then the episode was a lot quieter and the danger a lot less, in my opinion.

Third, the predictability was light years ahead of the episode for me. I knew that the Republic's Bomb would do something bad, and I knew when that hole opened some clones were going to meet a grizzly end.
    When the beast "awoke" I knew a clone was going to be crushed. It was kind of screaming out at the viewer.

But those things don't make the episode bad, becuase there was plenty of stuff to heighten the rating.
    We finally see ARC-170s, we see another battle (featuring the Dugs!), we get a good look at the Planet Malastare, and we see Commander Ponds (a great clone commander!) and Mace Windu for the first time since Series 1.
    There's one of the best Clone VS Droid battles of the season, which lasts for long enough to get the episode an overall pleasant rating.
    Worth watching.