Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Weapons Factory

Aired Saturday 9:30 AM Nov 13, 2009 on Cartoon Network

• Anakin Skywalker, and Luminara Unduli, along with their padawans Ahsoka Tano, and Barris Offee, have an important mission to carry out: destroy the new Droid factory on Geonosis. But this mission turns out to be more dangerous than anyone had imagined.

This was by far my most favorite episode of the season thus far. It had all the drama and suspense I look for in every episode, but it also taught more sentimental lessons, like the value of trust, and teamwork. Anakin and Luminara had to trust their Padawans to carry out a dangerous mission, which could have gotten them killed, and in fact, almost did. While, at the same time, Barris and Ahsoka had to trust each other to see the mission through to the end, and keep each other safe. This mission was also a good example of how strong of a bond Anakin and Ahsoka have developed. While Anakin felt unsure that, even with the help of Barris, Ahsoka would be able to complete the task at hand, he still never lost faith in her abilities, even going as far as refusing to accept the fact that she and Barris could very well have perished. And, in return, Ahsoka never doubted that Anakin would come looking for her as she and Barris were trapped, and for all anyone else knew, gone for good. But, in that respect, we also learn that Anakin hasn't yet learned how to let go of Ahsoka, even with her growing independence, and the war becoming more intense, increasing the risk of him losing her at any moment.

All and all, another exciting and stunning addition to the series, and I will be looking forward to many more in the future!