Star-Crossed

The CW (ended 2014)

walrus_8463

Star-Crossed Fan Reviews (63)

• Dissapointment

I really liked this show and wish it wouldn't have cancelled without finishing the cliffhanger first!!! I really hope they might try again with this show because it had potential!
  • Better than some stuff, way worse than others

This show wasn't terrible, but it definitely wasn't great. That said, I'm disappointed it's cancelled because I really wanted to see where the story was going to go. It's sad that this is gone and Vampire Diaries is still on the air.
  • star devine 10

this make me mad they take all the god ones off in keep the so called stuipd crap on that blow they need to bring it back on becuase so many like this show i did take off the kashina well the one that are stuipd in lwell they need to bring it back on
  • *Holds up shield* I'm actually glad it's canceled

Apparently when it comes to originality, aliens, romance, and good writing this show is not one of them. My biggest gripe with this show was it's lackluster writing and characters. In the pilot alone we get the first problem with the writing, the forces instantly attack the atrians even though they just got there. Even when our lead female runs into our lead male, (Both children at this time) they become instant friends without even saying a word to each other. As you can see, the pacing is very piss poor from what I explained. Shouldn't the government try to communicate with the aliens rather than just attack them out of nowhere? Also, why would a child even befriend an alien she barely said a word to, they literally had no time to communicate at all, yet she was seen feeding him. Also, ten years later it's revealed the Atrians have been isolated from humanity for this time until a select few who are obviously a parallel to the little rock nine are selected to go to high school in Louisiana. HOLD IT! It's revealed that these aliens were capable of learning English in ten years despite isolation, and even have technology that can heal cancer. Why would they want to go to high school in a state known for having poor education quality? Can you say big plot holes? Any way what also pissed me off about this show were the characters and they way they were portrayed. For example, these aliens don't even look like aliens, they look more like washed up abecrombie and fitch models. Seriously, aside from a different anatomy and Tattoos, they look just like humans. If you want to to look like aliens, then give them something that makes them really look like aliens. Plus, don't rip off Dr who. we've already seen two hearts in time lords thank you. Then we get to our lead character, Emery, who is very bland and way too skinny. Seriously, I could see dark circles under her eyes most of the time and I could even see her bones half the time, she really needs to eat more. Also, as a character, she's very bland, most of the time she has no expressions, and seems as if she has no personality. In addition, none of these people in the cast even look like high school kids, they all actually look like they're in their mid 20s. What's wrong with actors that actually look like they're 16, we shouldn't have 30 year olds playing high school kids unless they have a baby face. That and apparently, the CW thinks there are no black people in Louisiana except like one guy, and no fat people as well. What is wrong with fat people, do these writers even realize that there are fat people and black people watching TV? In fact, they even show a cancer patient in the episode who looks strangely healthy. Really CW? You think even cancer patients need to look pretty. Also, at the end of the pilot we get the first almost kiss between Emery and Roman (the lead male), even though they've only met in their lives like twice. One for five minutes, and the second time (in the same episode) for one afternoon. In addition, Emery's father kills off the 'abecrombie and fitch model' leader, AKA Roman's dad, for no reason. Again, very piss poor pacing, why would you want to kiss some guy you've only met for one afternoon? Why would you kill some guy you don't even know and obviously poses no threat to you? Plus, many of these characters talk way to quietly, and some of them are complete idiots. Take for example Sophia in the swim meet episode, if she's allergic to caffeine, why doesn't she oh I don't know read the ingredients first? Plus, she still wants to be on the swim team and be friends with them even thought they've tried to kill her? I get it, it's an allegory for the Little Rock nine, but they never wanted to become friends with people who wanted to kill them. I can't believe they created a character this stupid. Then we get to the real elephant in the room, since all of these so called aliens look like washed up abecrombie and fitch models, I think it's trying to say to people, you can be hated by people, but you will find people who will love you because you look like a model. In a nutshell it's trying to say that people who are chubby or don't have a model's face are not pretty. Do they even have any idea of the demographic they are targeting? Teen girls are constantly looking in the mirrors on a daily basis and even compare themselves to women in magazines. Most of the time, teen girls don't think they're pretty, and shows like this could potentially break their self esteem, because they don't see themselves as skinny enough to look good. Also, why is it that most of you only like the show because Matt Lanter is 'hot?' What about the writing? What about likable characters who are relatable? What about personalities? It just sends a message that you just don't care about good writing or acting for that matter, and it only matters if the actors look good. As a teenager, I never really watched any of these shows, but as an adult now I know why. Heck I even think teenage me would still hate this.
  • Star-gone

I am surprised that this show ended. It is far better than some of the shows on and it's obvious that it has a large following. I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed it and think a huge mistake was made by cancelling it. Another channel should pick it up, Sci-fi perhaps??
  • SEASON 2 STAR CROSSED

creating a season 2 and promoting this show to other viewers would definitely get more people interested, they have a perfect amount of romance, action and adventure in one. Better story than Vampire Diaries just give Star Crossed a chance and promote it more if you want more viewers!
  • Sad to know that the show has already ended

"Star-Crossed" is one of the best show I've ever watched. My favorite characters are: Drake, Sophia and Teri. I was really upset that the show got cancelled. At least, make a movie or something. I hate how the shows I love get cancelled.
  • star-crossed

im really mad!!! i loved this showww
  • what a joke!

Really cranky about this a lot of people have only just started to watch this show and to only give it one season is a bit of a joke. why not give it a season 2 and take a chance on it like you did with hart of Dixie.
  • Heartbroken - A Great Show taken far too soon!!!!!

Massively disappointed - what was the point in screening the show in the UK if it was cancelled. Having seen the last episode tonight I feel we've been cheated out of the full story and a proper decent ending if the show was going to finish so soon!! There are far too many unanswered questions now and leaving the program so open-ended doesn't speak highly to the makers/producers of this show. The CW have a lot to answer to the UK for on this one!!
  • another good show on!

Cancel Hart of Dixie instead!
  • bring back my favorite shows

why are all the good shows i like getting canceled this is so ridicules every time i start watching a new show and i start really liking it ,it gets canceled ............ please bring back star-crossed, the tomorrow people, and the carrie diaries
  • i want my shows back on

I can't believe this, another good show canceled... what's wrong with these people. pretty soon I'm going to be in the streets all day because there's nothing to watch at home smh.. please bring back star crossed and the tomorrow people too and do not take off beauty and the beast either!
  • what is wrong with you!!

Every good show gets cancelled and all the bad ones get renewed - bring back Star-Crossed!!!! and how can you even go off ratings when a lot of people download shows? Leave us hanging!! again!! PLEASE RENEW FOR SEASON 2 (and cancel Beauty and the Beast instead). Now that everything in the story is unfolding and interesting things are happening ... you cancel it!!! Gggrrrrr
  • Here is another one

Once again another good series get canceled. They really didn't even give this show hope. If a show gets high ratings its first season is usally falls hard downward. If a show doesn't do so well the first season they usally go to the top. Stop canceling shows and see what they can do.
  • WE WANT STAR-CROSSED!!!

Noooooo,you can't stop show is just is about teen romance and I am pretty sure that 80% of the people who watch Star-Crossed are don't know about you but I personally will write an email to and find out why they are canceling this amazing the way, I want to say something to the people that comment negative you don't like the show,why are you spending your time writing comments?Don't you have something else to do?You have your opinion and it is okey,but some people LOVE that show(like me)and we want season 2 and maybe even more if you liked that show or else you wouldn't like to see negative comments about the that :/
  • That's it, leave us hanging again!!

They get our attention with a new show, but it's a little slow in the beginning so viewers start dropping off from watching just as the show starts getting interesting, but us faithful viewers keep watching till the end, which ended with a "I can't wait to see what happens next" ending, only to find out that again that us faithful viewers don't count, we don't get to see what happens next. Thanks again cw.
  • Has CW gone completely nuts?

Whenever a show is "clean" and good for even kids to watch, it gets unplugged.

Why was it necessary to cancel this show. It is not perfect but it is a very entertaining series.

If you are going to pull the plug on a series, at least round it off before doing so!

This is a disgrace like so many other shows that get cancelled just like that.
  • So many flaws, but I liked it.

The show started as a simple cross-species teen romance. The plot began to expand and the more it did the more questions I had, such as: ten years have passed, so why hasn't the . government dismantled the alien ship looking for useful technology? Some flaws were due to budget constraints, but why is there only one government official? Why is human security around the Atrian compound so bad? It's harder for a human to get into the Atrian area than for Atrians to get out. Where is the military?

Regardless, I enjoyed the storyline, and the season finale reopened the possibility of a larger plot line when Atrian military vessels were alerted to the crashed ship. Some stories are impossible to tell with a TV budget, and I think this is one of them. Still, it's a story I would have liked to see, even told as half-a$$ed as it was likely to have been told.
  • OMG WHY!!! I WANNA SEE A 2ND SEASON DAM IT

Omg cant believe dis gonna be da last episode of star crossed i've been watching dis tv show eva since it came on and yall aint gonna make a 2nd season smfh why they gotta take every gud tv show been watching dis movie on a diff movie site and it has got (211431) votes!! Dam yhu CW stop taking every gud tv show offair all da dam time
  • Grrrr!

The finale was

Good it was picking up more. Would have liked to have a 2 season.
  • Don't cancel Just switch the day!!!

I honestly can't believe this show is getting cancelled it has everything it needs to be sucessfull on the CW so why are you cancelling it!! Just change the days and I bet it will blow the charts away!!!
  • Best TV show I have ever watched! Why do you have to cancel?

I am literally in love with this show at the moment as this is my favorite genre! I was so sad to hear it when it said that there was no longer going to be a season 2, why?? Anyway, with all these amazing reviews that I have read, I'm really surprised as to why it has been cancelled because literally everyone on these reviews are so positive. Star-crossed is the only reason I look forward to a Friday, and I can't believe that it has been cancelled now!!
  • Why ooooh why CW!

I can't believe you are canceling Star crossed! Please tell me it ain't so! I really really like this show! I hope you all get your act together and change your minds! DO the right thing guys! Come on now!
  • sign so it can get renewed

• CW........ honestly your channel pisses me off

we get attached to a great show and you cancel it for no reason ! this show is great and my whole family watch it! please bring it back !

• CW should be ashamed

Hopefully another station will pick up Star-Crossed! The CW now has room for new shows since canceling what they have? I just don't get it! We should all boycot those new shows! Let's start a petition now!
  • I love this show

It's ridiculous we get attached to a show than it's just cancelled. What is the sense in that!! I am pretty mad about this crap.
  • Missing eps 08-09

I don't know why episodes stated above were not included in the list, but for those who still want to know their titles, here they are:

Season 1 Episode 8 An Old Accustom'd Feast (7 April 2014)

Season 1 Episode 9 Some Consequences Yet Hanging in the Stars (14 April 2014)

Just a little more information, nothing more ^^

• Love it until now

This show has a target age group of teenagers and young adults. Now you're pushing homosexual themes on our kids and I draw the line.

This show won't be in my home anymore. My kids don't need to be exposed to your homosexual agenda