Stargate Atlantis

Aurora

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Sep 23, 2005 on Syfy

• This one is about the people, not really the story

I personally really liked this episode. But not cause of the whole ancient warship thing. I mean, like everyone else, I was kinda mad with the cliche ending of having the blow up the warship and the whole didn't get the information they came for, but what I loved was the charater interaction. This is sorta the reason I almost like Atlantis over SG-1. Seeing echoes of Trinity in Rodney's line "Do you trust me?" and Sheppard's response "No" is just great. This episode was about watching these people work together and grow closer, and I believe that the wholoe ancient ship thing was kind of a canvas for that to work on. Plus I really liked the fact that it didn't turn into a "Sheppard's stuck in something that SUPPOSE to work" kind of story. It's nice for something that suppose to work to actually work, cause that a scifi cliche that get old really fast. But my favorite part of this whole episode was Rodney's line "We're kind of in the habit of saving each other's lives and it's my turn". Just readint it, this sound kind of cheesy, but the way it's delivered...He sounds scared like whoa, but with conviction...it's such a great character moment and so different from the Rodney we start with in season 1. So watch this episode not for the ancient warship thing, cause that will make you mad, but for the characters.