Stargate Atlantis

Be All My Sins Remember'd (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 04, 2008 on Syfy

• Some clever bits and pieces in McKays and Carters dialouges: the overall idea of how to deal with the replicators seemed like a pretty smart thing for starters. The wraith support was interesting and well acted to boot. From here on, it all goes downhill.

It could have been great. There were some clever bits and pieces in McKays and Carters dialouges: the overall idea of how to deal with the replicators seemed like a pretty smart thing for starters. The wraith support was interesting and well acted to boot. But that's about it. From here on, it all goes downhill.

It started out with yet another settlements need to be evacuated routines. That's what they're called. Settlements. No name. No one ever saw them. No one ever cared. At least I don't. It's like fishing for emotional attachment in the dark. It's not working, and as an episode introduction the scene was was simply too bland.

I knew the SG Team was going to get blasted right when I saw this guy on the video screen. He didn't have to wear a red shirt.

Laren was just about as annoying and busty as before.

Shepard was ... *again* ... tied up. He is generally happily manipulated into eye-rolling stupidity again, too. Can't anyone else deal with this Laren person for once? Somebody who will demand the stolen ship back *and* finally suggest these people settle down somewhere for good and good riddance? Someone like Carter should be the one to talk to them, and not with Laren, but with her so called high council - if that even exists.

Replicators finally gone forever. Yeah? You wish. The replicator conflict developed into the most uninspired and uninteresting thing on Stargate, ever. Sidenote: Not that the wraith are *that* interesting, but at least they aren't so clinical about everything. If it wouldn't boil down to this *Wanna eat you* problem and find some more complexity I'd like that more, too. In fact, I could very well love Stargate without the Replicators or the Wraith existing at all, thank you very much. The Genai (Jenai?) were - so far - the most interesting opponent because they were not clearly defined as "evil".

Weir's copy #12318456734b makes an appearance with some secrets. But na-a. She's not gonna tell.Cliffhanger, you see. It already felt cheap with her dying and being cloned. Bringing her back over and over again isn't going to help, Sir. All in all, the episode had some potential, but most of it was wasted on the acting of whoever's acting Laren, some dumb dialouges, birdbrained earth politics and two cheesy cliffhangers in one.