Stargate Atlantis

Before I Sleep

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 18, 2005 on Syfy

• Sheppard and Ford are investigating new and different areas of Atlantis when they discover a body in stasis. It turns out to be a ten thousand year old Weir! We find out about the history of Atlantis last days and Weir's first trip through the Stargate.

I usually find time travel episodes to be a total ripoff. They are used in series like Star Trek to solve problems the writers have written themselves into. Very rarely do they actually work. This one was a nice example of how you can make it work.

Weir and her group enter Atlantis and it floods killing everyone except Sheppard, Zelenka, and Weir. Then the jumper there in seems to appear in space as an attack of some kind is occurring. In the end only Weir survives. The Atlantian's save her and she finds out it is ten thousand years earlier. Janus played by Gildart Jackson who made the time traveling ship manages to develop a way to save Atlantis and put Weir into stasis so when she and her team come through the Stargate both her team and Atlantis survives. A bonus is a list of Zero Point Modules and the whereabouts of them in the Pegusus Galaxy.

This episode is very well written and except for the regular Rodney McKay nuisance it is quite entertaining. The last three episodes have been excellent and very enjoyable television. I think this series really has great possibilities and I continue to enjoy it. Thanks for reading...