Stargate Atlantis

Before I Sleep

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 18, 2005 on Syfy

• See Summary

ok this is the 2nd try as the 1st accidently deleted. This episode was pretty good. It opened with Sheppards Team finding an Ancient Lab with a person in Stasis, assuming this person to be an Ancient they reanimate her only to find that it is Dr. Weir who time traveled 10,000 years in the past to when the Ancients still occupied Atlantis, but they were under siege from the Wraith and were evacuating to earth. This is the start of where The Atlantis team finds the time travel puddle jumper which later crossed over to SG1 for Moebius. This episode was interesting, as it would be weird to think about meeting an aged version of yourself, and how you'd feel about it, like Weir. Also great that we got to see more of the Ancients, always like to get more of the back story, and layers of the bigger picture. It was also nice to find answers to some questions, and tie up some ends from the begining of the episode. They blended episodes we've seen into this one quite succefully, and creatively. I like going back to previous episodes, but seeing them from a different point of view or perspective.