Stargate Atlantis

Common Ground

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 25, 2006 on Syfy

• "Common Ground" is easily one of the best episodes yet seen on Stargate Atlantis. The drama of the draining of Sheppard's life was exceptional, and viewers were granted the rare opportunity to see a new light in the Wraith. All in all a great episode.

"Common Ground is easily one of the best episodes yet seen on Stargate Atlantis. Drama existed throughout the episode, and it kept me on the edge of my seat. Joe Flanigan as Sheppard reached a new high with character depth, as he was able to work with the enemy in a difficult situation. The drama of the feeding process and the team's inability to do anything added to the overall suspense of the episode. Sheppard learned a few new new things about the Wraith, and the Wraith learned a few things about humans from Sheppard. As the Wraith said, "The gift of life is reserved for our most devout worshippers, and our brothers." Could this be foreshadowing to a future alliance between Sheppard and the Wraith against a greater enemy? No one knows yet, but this is exactly the reason why I watch this show. I can't wait for next season and what it may bring, keep up the good work Joe Flanigan.