Stargate Atlantis

Enemy at the Gate

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 09, 2009 on Syfy

• Atlantis goes home.

A fitting conclusion to the series - Atlantis returns home!

Well, this episode had everything in it - I think it had crammed in too much and it would definitely have been better as a two or even a three parter. Still, it was done pretty well, combining action with some nice, touching moments. Here are some other thoughts:

Besides the stars, it tried to get everyone involved: Lorne, Banks, Zelenka, Caldwell, Ellis, Carter, Carson, Chuck, Marks, Kavanagh(!), and Davis (who's still a major!). And also Todd and Kenny.

So General Hammond did die as well...how sad!

Wormhole drive - is that a convenience or what!? With that, Atlantis can go anywhere in the Universe. Add the alternate reality drive from "The Daedalus Variations" and a time machine, and...

Ronon + Banks - woohoo! Somewhat expected.

So the Odyssey is in some secret mission? I wonder if this is timed concurrently with the next stargate movie, even though Carter's at the SGC.

With all the battles and explosions, I'd think they have to make up an incredible cover story for the public and the uninformed governments.

I would have liked the ending scene to be just the four principle characters sharing their thoughts and feelings with each other. I certainly don't know why Banks had to be there.

And so, it's the end of the series. With Atlantis on Earth, it leaves everything open for the upcoming movie(s). Until then, au revoir, Stargate Atlantis, and thank you!