Stargate Atlantis

Enemy at the Gate

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 09, 2009 on Syfy

• Hastily thrown together but entertaining.

Well I am sure sad to see SGA go. I loved the show, and I have to say the finale was a poor sendoff. '
    Earth is in trouble (again). The wraith have gotten their hands on a ZPM power generator and are using it to develop a super-ship. After beating on the SGA crew in the Pegasus galaxy, the Wraith ship learns of the coordinates of Earth, and use their new ZPM powered tech to head there at unbelievable speed. The only hope of stopping the ship is for Atlantis to dust off her engines and head there herself, with Carson Beckett at the helm. I'll leave the ending alone (hint: Earth is still here), but all in all I have to say that the episode did not seem like a series finale. Season finale at best. The plot seemed thrown together, like an afterthought. There was no real lead up to the events of the episode, and for those of us not paying attention to the news releases, it was a bit of a surprise, like "What? Season/show over? Already?"
    I give it an 8.5, because there are plenty of space battles, and that's all it really takes for me. Otherwise I'd be more inclined to give it a 7.
    Bye SGA, hope to see you in the next spinoff!