Stargate Atlantis

Enemy at the Gate

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 09, 2009 on Syfy

• Good-bye old friend...

As I'm writing this review for the 100th episode of Atlantis I'd also like to point out that this is my 100th review. It just seemed appropriate. This is it. The series finale. I'm going to point out now that yes this episode indeed was rushed but They were cancelled when they were filming Identity so give the writers a break. So anyway we see the storyline form Vegas worked into this episode as the wraith find out where earth is and set out to go there with a ZPM. You could basically call this episode a crossover of sorts. We get to see Carter again and Major Davis, who is till a major. They should have really promoted him by now. One of the things that I really liked about this episode was the fact that they acknowledged the death of Don S. Davis and included General Hammond's death in the storyline. What made that really enjoyable was they named a ship after him. RIP General Hammond. I like many others are probably very curious as to what The Odyssey's secret mission is. Maybe that will play a part in the next SG-1 movie. Over the course off the episode we get to see just about every recurring character Atlantis has ever had play a part in some way or another. I have no fear of saying that this was better than SG-1's finale. It played a vital part to the storyline and not really wrap up the series ust leave us with more questions. It makes you wonder what they would have done with season 6.

I always imagined in Atlantis's finale, all the cast looking over the balcony of the city. Much Liked I always pictured sg-1 ending with them walking through the gate.

In conclusion, This was an excellent end to the series and I'm looking forward to the movie. Good bye Atlantis, it's been fun.