Stargate Atlantis

First Contact (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Sep 26, 2008 on Syfy

• Best episode in 2 seasons

Except for Midway, this is definitely the best episode in 2 seasons. What I've been missing since SG1 ended, suspense, action, twists! SG1 was great for this kind of episode, that has been sorely missing lately on Atlantis.

Jackson and McKay find a secret lab on Atlantis, and it's been too long since they did some of those episodes where discoveries are made of the city they live in. I know it's vast but I enjoy where they explore the city and see whats in it. If it's suppose to be the size of Manhattan then there should be tons and tons and tons of neat things. The gate explodes, which mean they need to wait for deadalous to pick up a new one from another system that doesn't need it, maybe one of the ones used in the inter-galactic bridge... they are just sitting out there now. Obviously Todd knows of this device they activated, which means some of the wraith were alive during Janus's era, or the knowledge was passed... it's a cool device, despite the side effects. I wonder if any other gates on other planets will explode as well! What a fallout that will be.

Cannot wait until part 2...