Stargate Atlantis

First Contact (1)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Sep 26, 2008 on Syfy

• Nice episode, and welcome, Dr. Jackson!

An interesting episode and certainly looking forward to the next episode! While it was enjoyable, I do have minor reservations which will be mentioned. Anyway, lots of things are going on, and everyone seems to be taking part in this one:

First of all, welcome Daniel Jackson! I don't understand McKay's behavior at the beginning towards Jackson. I understand he's very competitive, but I'd think he'd be more respectful given everything Jackson had accomplished - otherwise the character of McKay just hasn't advanced at all. Anyway, the two together make a somewhat interesting pair, though the chemistry is not perfect.

Who are the aliens with Ancient technology? They've got some neat tricks up their sleeves! I wonder why they need the suits. Perhaps they're enemies of the wraith, which, however, is not necessarily good for the humans!

Nice to see the Daedalus, Caldwell, and Marks again. That seemed too easy how Todd can overtake the ship! Lucky Ronon was there to accompany Keller, which also means the love triangle drama continues...

So what happened to the Atlantis stargate? It probably survived the explosion, I'm guessing. The device, which destabilizes the wraith hyperspace technology, does indeed have a bad side effect!

Why was Radek being the doctor? Aren't there any other doctors on Atlantis besides Keller? Anyway, Radek was definitely useful in this episode.

Woolsey: Today is an historic day!

Overall, an exciting episode with many questions to be answered!