Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

AtlantisTime Slot Changed

AnneTeldy

[1]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 23

From wolfenm at Joseph Mallozzi's blog:

So I saw a commercial during Sanctuary that was all about Rodney; it was cool, but confused me at first, because it said "new episode" at the bottom of the screen, yet was showing old clips. Then they finally got to the point: that the time slot has been changed.

ATTN ALL: ATLANTIS HAS BEEN MOVED TO 9 PM EST!!

Not 10 PM. Still on Fridays, at least.

I do hope Skiffy starts pointing this out more, because only ONE of the other commercials I've seen made any special note of the new time slot. Otherwise, the new time is listed, sure, but unless you're thinking about it, it's not "Oh! The time has changed!" Ya know? I hope the people who are avoiding Skiffy's spoilerrific commercials and who don't frequent this blog's comments section still find out about the time change.

"First Contact" will air before the new episode, "The Lost Tribe", and Sanctuary will air immediately after.

Once again:

New Stargate Atlantis episodes will air at 9pm (EST)/8pm (CST) on Fridays.

The previous week's episode will air at 8pm (EST)/7pm (CST) on Fridays.

Sanctuary will air at 10pm (EST)/9pm (CST).

Anne Teldy

Edited on 10/09/2008 1:22pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[2]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 21
    It was nice to see those season 4 episodes at 8pm. Would be strange if they started to air the first 10 eps of season 5 starting from the beginning of the season so soon. But sure as heck beats whatever lame show that would occupy that time slot [since Dr. Who is also on a break], would be nice if they reaired BSG episodes at 8pm though.
    Edited on 10/05/2008 6:33pm

AnneTeldy

[3]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 23

There's a few conspiracy theorists out there claiming the Sci Fi Channel switched the time slot with hardly any announcements in hopes of tricking people into watching Sanctuary and not watching Stargate Atlantis. If the ratings then went down for Atlantis, the theorists say, the Sci Fi Channel could then claim they were right to cancel the series when they did.

Just want everyone to remember: Check your local listings!

New Stargate Atlantis episodes will air at 9pm (EST)/8pm (CST) on Fridays.

The previous week's episode will air at 8pm (EST)/7pm (CST) on Fridays.

Sanctuary will air at 10pm (EST)/9pm (CST).

Anne Teldy

MajLorne

[4]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 21
    Kind of hard to believe that when they've had some promos featuring Rodney and Sheppard commercials followed by Atlantis being moved to its new time. Other shows I don't even get such warnings as they just change the schedule and you either have to rely on their sched list or watch the shows on their website.