Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

If An Atlantis Movie Is Not Made How Will You React Toward Other Stargate Shows?

If An Atlantis Movie Is Not Made How Will You React Toward Other Stargate Shows?

zzbeach

[21]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 12
    Guys, have you noticed the lack of activity on this forum and on Universe? MGM has put out videos and pictures about Universe and nobody is commenting on them. The lack of interest in Universe shows how much Stargate fans feel betrayed by the lack of news of an Atlantis movie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[22]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 21
    Well it is the summer, I don't think there might be a lot of folks around due being on vacation or something and it's going to be a longer hiatus due to no one knowing how Universe will be.
    At least with Atlantis we know what to expect from it and will keep up activity. But now that the show is gone, I'm not really surprised at the drop off of activity here save for the few of us.

Icy_the_penguin

[23]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 1

They are making an Atlantis movie. It's called Stargate: Extinction.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288405/

I'll watch Universe to see what it's like. I was sad to see Atlantis end but I'm also thankful they didn't go too far with it and possibly ruin it.

OctoberGirl9

[24]Jul 25, 2009
    • level: 8
    damn, i wish i had the money for vacation....nope the only reason i got knocked off for a month was my comp crashing, stupid lil bi***. But i'm here again pissing and moaning because after work and house work and cooking and paying the bills, i need this place. sorry just venting :-)

seto1

[25]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 16
    Here seems as good a place as any we all are kinda upset for one reason or another.

Spinobreaker

[26]Aug 16, 2009
    • level: 10
    tell u what i did once SGA Was canceled... crawled up in a corner and decided to make a sci-fi slug em out game
    mainly ST, SW, BSG and SG lol
    check it out if u want
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-sci-fi-at-war

i know little off topic but this place is silent...
    and im bored lol

OctoberGirl9

[27]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    very very silent...we must make it not silent

KingofIPirates

[28]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 32
    A movie not being made will not affect my opinion of another show.

alfridavella

[29]Sep 1, 2009
    I`ve just rewatched all the seasons of Atlantis and now i want more.. I`m not exactly pissed but angry i would liked more. I think i`m more angry that they promise to do the movie then they decide we don`t want to do it period. It`s not fair this movie we deserve it. I watched all season of SG1 and SGA and this consider me as one of the loyal fans so this movie i expect it.

zzbeach

[30]Oct 8, 2009

I watched Universe and liked it enough to see more. But apparently not enough people watched. On Gateworld they had the ratings and they tried to spin it but they couldn't. Ratings were a disappointment for a premiere. Whether or not you think people are acting foolishly toward Universe or not, the fact remains many Stargate fans felt shafted by the lack of progress on an Atlantis movie that was promised by MGM and SyFylus. I'm not saying Atlantis fans will openly boycott Universe, but I think they aren't going to make an effort to watch like they did with Atlantis. I must admit I'm one of those fans. I happened to be home and was flipping through the channels and caught a commercial on Universe. Many of you will call us foolish or stupid or worse. Name calling does not change the fact that some of us are not as excited about Stargate as we once were.

MajLorne

[31]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 21

On the Universe forums there's a bunch of resentment over the change of 'pace' and characters of Universe compared to Atlantis.

I kinda like Universe and will stick around for the whole season. But if they made it an entirely new series without the SG attached to it, maybe Atlantis fans wouldn't be so hostile towards it?

Edited on 10/25/2009 10:07am

zzbeach

[32]Nov 1, 2009
    My worst fears about the future of an Atlantis film may be coming true. The ratings for Universe are not that great and I feel that if Universe doesn't do well the suits will conclude that support for an Atlantis movie has dissipated. Personally, I feel that the suits at Stargate/MGM and SyFyllus are the ones responsible for the lackluster ratings for Universe, but they are way too insulated from sci-fi fans to see it and will conclude something like "The era of Stargate is over." We need to break down this barrier of bureaucratic and elitist insulation anyway we can. Please visit my other thread here called "Support A Stargate:Atlantis Movie" and voice your support. Thanks.

zzbeach

[33]Feb 9, 2010

The interest in any Stargate movie have been dashed by the poor reception SGU has received. Here is an article from Gateworld.net with Michael Shanks. He claims that there will probably be not made.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/shanks-another-sg-1-movie-may-not-happen/

Just check out the comments at the bottom. Almost all put the blame on SGU and the boring storylines. Hate to say it but I told you so.

Ateamunit

[34]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 3
    I am very, very annoyed by the news that the Atlantis movie won't be made. As I am solely an Atlantis fan, I don't appreciate having my favourite show cancelled for a 'soap opera'. So the "Stargate franchise" won't be getting any more money out of me.

G3ckOz

[35]Sep 19, 2010
    • level: 13

well according to wiki Stargate:Extinction has already confirmed it's Atlantis actors + Amanda Tapping, more info Click Here

G3ckOz

[36]Sep 19, 2010
    • level: 13

zzbeach wrote:

The interest in any Stargate movie have been dashed by the poor reception SGU has received. Here is an article from Gateworld.net with Michael Shanks. He claims that there will probably be not made.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/shanks-another-sg-1-movie-may-not-happen/

Just check out the comments at the bottom. Almost all put the blame on SGU and the boring storylines. Hate to say it but I told you so.

also it's mentioned clearly that a 3rd SG1 movie won't be made, the Atlantis will definitely make on. As for my opinion on the question at hand, i fail to relate a future Atlantis movie with other shows, while they do have continuity, SG1 will forever be gold, Atlantis silver and Universe well i have yet to seen an episode but from i heard considering that 13 years have passed from the original, and the way people think right now, it should be interesting to say the least. Reactions are out of context here.

Scully82

[37]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 4

Whether they make the movies or not, I'm still going to watch Atlantis and SG-1. Universe I refuse to watch because it's terrible.

Edited on 10/08/2010 9:59pm

zzbeach

[38]Jan 17, 2011

Apparently the cancellation of SGU has caused the producers to cancel all progress toward an Atlantis movie. Who are they kidding. An Atlantis movie was never going to get made.

zzbeach

[39]May 10, 2011

This poll is now moot. The fans have finished voting with their tv remotes and have rejected SGU. With SGU's cancellation the Stargate franchise is done. All you SGU fanboys and defenders were warned. We said nobody will like this new series but the fanboys and SGU producers themselves insulted us. The SGU producers took the money that was supposed to be for SG1 and Atlantis movies and spent it on season two of SGU promising that the ratings would get better and the money would be recouped. Instead the money went into a black hole and SGU was cancelled. I want to thank you SGU defenders, fanboys and especially the arrogant producers of Stargate like Wright, Mallozzi and Cooper for destroying the Stargate franchise.

NUMB3RSno1freak

[40]May 18, 2011
    • level: 6
    zzbeach wrote:

This poll is now moot. The fans have finished voting with their tv remotes and have rejected SGU. With SGU's cancellation the Stargate franchise is done. All you SGU fanboys and defenders were warned. We said nobody will like this new series but the fanboys and SGU producers themselves insulted us. The SGU producers took the money that was supposed to be for SG1 and Atlantis movies and spent it on season two of SGU promising that the ratings would get better and the money would be recouped. Instead the money went into a black hole and SGU was cancelled. I want to thank you SGU defenders, fanboys and especially the arrogant producers of Stargate like Wright, Mallozzi and Cooper for destroying the Stargate franchise.

I wouldn't exactly blame the fans of SGU for watching it and wanting to keep it alive. If you like a show, you like a show.

But otherwise I agree with you 100%!! The producers fecked all us loyal Atlantis fans over by going ahead with SGU before the movies then adding insult to injury by using the money meant for the movie on a dying show. ('Cuase even before saeson 2 SGU was in trouble and SyFy was considering dropping it then!) I have a little sympathy for the fans of SGU 'cause if the producers had waited, started the movies then moved ahead with SGU the fans would still have their show as a lot more people would have given it a chance. Shame on the actors really 'cause some of them were favourites of mine but I just couldn't get into Universe (it was rather depressing at times).

All in all I am done with anything produced by any of the SGU producers and SyFy but I love SGA and SG-1 so I'll be buying them on DVD as soon as I can.