Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Jill Wagner (Larrin) bring her back

joyfulgirl92

[21]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    Clemontine wrote:
    Her character was horrible! I hated her so much, and I was angry when we say her again last week. I hope she dies.

i think i agree...only not as vehemently. i thought she just interrupted the story and butted in where she didn't belong. leave her out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DZA187

[22]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 10

should bring her back.. both of them

swede85

[23]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 25

hell no! Larrin is horrible! She must go, permamently! Wraithfood!

DZA187

[24]Jan 21, 2008
    having a laugh right hmm.. she is hot. you got to be a female above with that remark hehe.

PKtechGirl

[25]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 12

I definitely want more of her. I'm female and I like her. So it's not just the men.

I think she and Sheppard could end up in some interesting situations.

Btw... check out my blog!

AnneTeldy

[26]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 23

Her voice is grating and her acting talents non-existent. I think many people who say they liked Larrin actually liked the dialog and situations written for her and did not distinguish between the written character and the so-called acting of Ms Wagner. Just my opinion. Probably not even worth two cents.

Anne Teldy

user bar

edited to try to fix spacing

Edited on 01/26/2008 6:14pm

ChichipioWilson

[27]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 16
    AnneTeldy wrote:

Her voice is grating and her acting talents non-existent. I think many people who say they liked Larrin actually liked the dialog and situations written for her and did not distinguish between the written character and the so-called acting of Ms Wagner. Just my opinion. Probably not even worth two cents.

Her written character may be very good, but if the actress wouldn't act the part well, nobody would care about the dialog and the situations since it'd be really painful to watch. I don't think that's the case here. If you liked her character, she must have been doing something right. She won't win an oscar any time soon, I give you that, but she shouldn't be punished only for being pretty. Many SGA actors started with barely acceptable performances and got better progressively.

Having said that, I liked her on the show. I don't know about the chemistry with Sheppard... after all this time, I'm so used to him being with some pretty girl for an ep. that I no longer expect anything out of it. I thought this was the case the first time she appeared, so I was really surprised to see her again in BAMSR. Nice surprise though.

AnneTeldy

[28]Jan 26, 2008

ChichipioWilson wrote:
    Her written character may be very good, but if the actress wouldn't act the part well, nobody would care about the dialog and the situations since it'd be really painful to watch. I don't think that's the case here. If you liked her character, she must have been doing something right. She won't win an oscar any time soon, I give you that, but she shouldn't be punished only for being pretty. Many SGA actors started with barely acceptable performances and got better progressively. Having said that, I liked her on the show. I don't know about the chemistry with Sheppard... after all this time, I'm so used to him being with some pretty girl for an ep. that I no longer expect anything out of it. I thought this was the case the first time she appeared, so I was really surprised to see her again in BAMSR. Nice surprise though.

I didn't like her character or the actress's performance. She was written too over-the-top for me and I doubt a woman of her age would be the commander ofa ship.

Anne Teldy

user bar

ChichipioWilson

[29]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 16
    Oh, alright then, I thought you liked the character but not the girl playing it. I understand now.

I guess I didn't find it weird for the SGA world. We've seen many times how a young hot girl happens to be some world's leader, and how they always fall for John.

AnneTeldy

[30]Jan 27, 2008

ChichipioWilson wrote:
    I guess I didn't find it weird for the SGA world. We've seen many times how a young hot girl happens to be some world's leader, and how they always fall for John.

1. In "Sanctuary", a 10,000 year old being in the form of a pretty woman fell for Sheppard and they made out. We don't know how far it went.
    2. In "Epiphany", Teer and John knew each other for months before they became lovers.
    3. Mara, the airhead daughter of the Lord Protector in "The Tower", was after his DNA, not him. She would've jumped McKay's bones just as quickly.
    4. Norina, the Taranian chief scientist in "Inferno", waffled between her attraction for Sheppard and her attraction to McKay.
    5. Larrin bantered with Sheppard and kissed him as a distraction in "Travelers".

Five women out of 74 episodes hardly qualifies as "many". And Chaya, Teer, and Norina were not space bimbos. Larrin was a two-dimensional, cardboard cut-out Vala wannabe.

Anne Teldy

user bar

Edited on 01/27/2008 9:21am

Finweminya

[31]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 13
    AnneTeldy wrote:

ChichipioWilson wrote:

1. In "Sanctuary", a 10,000 year old being in the form of a pretty woman fell for Sheppard and they made out. We don't know how far it went.
    2. In "Epiphany", Teer and John knew each other for months before they became lovers.
    3. Mara, the airhead daughter of the Lord Protector in "The Tower", was after his DNA, not him. She would've jumped McKay's bones just as quickly.
    4. Norina, the Taranian chief scientist in "Inferno", waffled between her attraction for Sheppard and her attraction to McKay.
    5. Larrin bantered with Sheppard and kissed him as a distraction in "Travelers".

Five women out of 74 episodes hardly qualifies as "many". And Chaya, Teer, and Norina were not space bimbos. Larrin was a two-dimensional, cardboard cut-out Vala wannabe.

Anne Teldy

user bar

Last time I checked, a cardboard doesn't have so many curves

AnneTeldy

[32]Jan 27, 2008

Finweminya wrote:

I never said she wasn't a knock-out. I said she has a grating voice and she can't act.

Maybe you couldn't hear over your panting while she was on screen?

Anne Teldy

user bar

Edited on 01/27/2008 2:33pm

Finweminya

[33]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 13
    AnneTeldy wrote:

Finweminya wrote:

I never said she wasn't a knock-out. I said she has a grating voice and she can't act.

Anne Teldy

user bar

Actually, I found her voice very sexy :$

DZA187

[34]Jan 28, 2008
    fact.. she was good for the show, and i hope they bring her back.. nice to have some more eye candy on the screen. Hope to see her in season 5 again

AnneTeldy

[35]Feb 7, 2008

DZA187 wrote:
    fact.. she was good for the show, and i hope they bring her back.. nice to have some more eye candy on the screen. Hope to see her in season 5 again

Well, it looks like you've got your wish:

from Joseph Mallozzi's February 7th blog post:

Today's mailbag -

Jon K. writes: "Any Chance we will be seeing the Travelers in season 5, most notably Larrin?"

Answer: Yep

Anne Teldy (off to be sick)

Libaax

[36]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    Thats great news !

Other than liking her i think the show need more recurring characters to fill out the world so it isnt only about Atlantis in the hole pegasus Galaxy.

D-LinkUK

[37]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 24

To be honest I don't much care for the Larrin character in S A though I do like Jill Wagner and much preferred her character Krista Starr in Blade the series.

lisagraham

[38]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 30

I really like the idea of her character... I think her and her crew (we assume she has a new one =) bring a nice Firefly vibe to the show and I think she could be an interesting ally for the SGA team.

And before we get off track, i am in no way saying that any show on TV will ever be near as good as Firefly... just like the whole rag tag crew of grifters idea for SGA...

DZA187

[39]Feb 10, 2008
    AnneTeldy wrote:

Finweminya wrote:

Anne Teldy

user bar

nothing wrong with her acting, she was good for the show, and i hope they bring her back..

p.s just read your other post, and she back in season 5 yeah baby, that's what i call magic moments hehehe.

wow, seen the pix of Captain Alicia Vega .. sexy... dont tell me the women fans of SGA will hate on her too next hehehe.

Edited on 02/10/2008 9:04am
    Edited 2 total times.

mollykat82

[40]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 6
    Are you guys serious!! OK im a girl so i dont find her hot.. i loved her character her name everything.. travelers is one of my fave eps in season 4, i was glad they bought her back in Be All My sins Remember'd!!

And why should there be any chemistry.. she just used him to gain control of the ship.. her character is devious, sly and smart they eventually became "friends" when she let him go for helping her and then ran into him again on another planet..

Larrin: 'Shepard that better not be you!'