Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Major SPOILER WARNING - The Lost Tribe

Spinobreaker

[1]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 10

OkHarkness posted a link to a video in the first contact forum now i started this to talk about it as to seperate it fro mtalk of te episode the lost tribe.

Please focus all talk of that video here...

Harkness can post the link

and OMG WTF... that would b the last thing i expected... frigin asgard...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rickvega

[2]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 8

That was the last thing I expected 2 I saw all the Asgard die in SG1. How can they be in the Pegasus Galaxy???? And why would they turn against the Humans in Atlantis.

Spinobreaker

[3]Sep 27, 2008
    well mayb janus made those asgard and those suits keep them alive or something.. that what im expecting anyway...

rickvega

[4]Sep 27, 2008

Here is the link to the Preview, and thank u harkness for posting it in the other thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbIl72u-0Eo
    Edited on 09/27/2008 2:06pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Spinobreaker

[5]Sep 27, 2008
    yeh i was leaving it to harkness to post that cause he found it so it was only fair lol...

but still... they wont b the asgard that we know because there tech resembels nothing we have ever seen, and if the asgard knew about the wraith then why they hell didn't they just tell us...

and the second reason i believe they r not 'true' asgard is becasue they wouldnt let the stargates everwhere explode like nukes just to kill off all the wraith... like come on lol

frigin grey bumb and there inability to die... oddly just like jackson... who they captured, maybe they r studying him 2 work out how hes not dead yet lmao

Spinobreaker

[6]Sep 27, 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9697vHu8tmA&

thatsa the ep preview its looking kicking as well... but asagard.. that just sometihng i cant get past.. we havn't heard boo from them in like what 3 year or so... why now

Spinobreaker

[7]Sep 27, 2008

i know last 3 comments r mine but i noticed sometihng when watching the video again... theres sometihng on the asgard head.. and i have no idea what it is but wht if its a mind control chip tihng, we knock it off and they r nice again...

go to the vid and pause it at 52 seconds, just as he walks into the light... its on the middle of his big round head

Edited on 09/27/2008 2:02pm

rickvega

[8]Sep 27, 2008
    Spinobreaker wrote:

i know last 3 comments r mine but i noticed sometihng when watching the video again... theres sometihng on the asgard head.. and i have no idea what it is but wht if its a mind control chip tihng, we knock it off and they r nice again...

go to the vid and pause it at 52 seconds, just as he walks into the light... its on the middle of his big round head

I noticed it on first time I could not get a clear view at it but its something

CaptainHarkness

[9]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 23
    Spinobreaker wrote:

I saw that. I guess we will have to wait two weeks and find out what it is.

melbye80

[10]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 33
    It's hard to imagine Asgards as villains, whenever they appeared on SG-1 they were always so good and pure. It kinda makes me think there is an another twist. Why would Sci-Fi release a clip like this

CaptainHarkness

[11]Sep 27, 2008
    melbye80 wrote:
    It's hard to imagine Asgards as villains, whenever they appeared on SG-1 they were always so good and pure. It kinda makes me think there is an another twist. Why would Sci-Fi release a clip like this
    Sci-Fi channel works in mysterious ways.

MajLorne

[12]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 21
    It would be kinda hard for them to fake an image like that of that good a quality [most of their 'movie' cgi are crap]. I think the clip is legit.
    Well given the circumstance maybe their war against the Wraith kinda made them evil or less thoughtful of consequences. IE: ends justifies the means.
    From the stargate wiki site they did mention an asgard was taken over by a go'auld and kinda made evil/unbalanced. In the wrong circumstance a good being can be made evil.

Or the final answer is they are from another dimension.

AnneTeldy

[13]Sep 27, 2008

I haven't watched the clip but Asgard? Huh. I was suspecting the Travelers as I know they're in the episode. (No Larrin! Yeah!!!!)

Anne Teldy

I hope not to see you on the 30th!

MajLorne

[14]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 21
    Well they did say a 'new race' would be introduced, but since we've seen the Travelers, they don't count i guess. Larrin's hot, but eh, won't miss her.

AnneTeldy

[15]Sep 27, 2008

rickvega wrote:
    That was the last thing I expected 2 I saw all the Asgard die in SG1. How can they be in the Pegasus Galaxy???? And why would they turn against the Humans in Atlantis.

Now that I think about it, I should have guessed as Mr. M had pictures showing an Asgard puppet in his office in his January 15th 2008 blog entry which was right before they began production for Season 5.

rickvega, would you please go back to the "First Contact" thread and edit or delete your post there? Many people will be very upset about the spoiler.

Anne Teldy

I hope not to see you here on the 30th!

Edited on 09/27/2008 7:50pm

Idbeolderifiwas

[16]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 20
    Ok yeah definitely wasn't expecting that one. There has to be more going on than what we're expecting, like they can't really be the Asgards we know because they were never that bad. I did notice the weird spot on his head but it's hard to say what it is. I also noticed a little patch on his chest that looks kinda like a Tattoo but again it's too shadowy to know for sure what it is.

TaquaDeldrant

[17]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 18
    Spinobreaker wrote:
    OMG WTF... that would b the last thing i expected... frigin asgard...
    For some reason the Asgard were the first race I thought of after Daniel made his comment about the aliens wearing their combat suits, even though they didn't need to anymore. After all, the Asgard already used big strong warrior type disguises all the way back in SG-1's first season (Thor's Hammer). Even if they were only holograms.

I figured that if they went to all the trouble to hide the true identity of the new aliens then they must be a race we already know. And since it's a Daniel episode I assumed it would be a race he would recognize. (So most of the Pegasus aliens were out.)
    Most of the other SG-1 aliens who'd need an impressive combat suit in order to be perceived as fearsome enemies would just be too random to pop up in the Pegasus galaxy, e.g. plant people from PJ2-445, Martin Lloyd, the Furlings (I also refuse to believe the Furlings would be bad guys, after all they sound cute and fuzzy. ).

Now I'm really intrigued. I always liked the Asgard. (Gotta love those guys! *g*) With this thingy on the forehead there might be mind control involved. Can't wait to see what happens.

Spinobreaker wrote:
    frigin grey bumb and there inability to die... oddly just like jackson... who they captured, maybe they r studying him 2 work out how hes not dead yet lmao
    Great theory.

lowriderz95s10

[18]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 67
    I remember when this spoiler was first leaked back in May some people were skeptical then it was removed from both fansites by request of the studio and mostly forgotten. Not surprised to see it's true.

rayality

[19]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 9
    Surprising, watching that clip actually made me even more excited to see part 2.

ltcomstella

[20]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 18

well from what i can see of the asgard its more like a scar of some kind

seems to be a bump on the head with blood leaking out possible neural link to the suit? mind controlled ?

i read about the asgard featureing but completely forgot when i saw the ep

and wtf with spillting up the ep by 2 weeks ??