Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Major SPOILER WARNING - The Lost Tribe

MajLorne

[21]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 21
    The idea of the device to control the suits via a mind link is very possible, their bodies are too frail to move in such heavy suits even with very advanced 'hydrolic' control.

And although yes very nice twist with the Asgard, but lol what about the Nox? They've been forgotten since season 3. I want to see them at least one more time, I mean they are supposedly one of the '4 great races'. How can they not be mentioned ever again?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kevinmorrison

[22]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 2

TaquaDeldrant wrote:
    After all, the Asgard already used big strong warrior type disguises all the way back in SG-1's first season (Thor's Hammer). Even if they were only holograms.

Well spotted. I hadn't made that connection at all but it does make sense. I'm happy to see "the bad guys" aren't a new race. Adding races at this point would be moot.

LexxArc

[23]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 5

Well, all races have their good and bad factions, everyone with their own ideas and political agendas. Even the Ancients and Replicators, so why not the Asgard? Here's an idea:

A faction of Asgards with radical ideas were banished by rest of the Asgards. Normally the Asgard are rather proud and a tad arrogant people, they wouldn't just blurt out "sensitive internal affairs" to anyone. This could have been 1000's of years ago where their technological advancement have gone separate ways, and I doubt they would even call themselves Asgards as well. It would certainly explain the complete difference in technology and their attitude.

While speculating.. here's what I think. The "Asgard" knew there was an "unforseen side effect" of this technology, but they did not know it could potentially turn every gate into a bomb. Wraith have probably caused them extreme grief in the past and now they're willing to go any length to stop them by activating the device. Now seeing the side effects on Stargate, they would then say in a very Asgard way "That is unfortunate"

And who knows how many Stargates getting destroyed due to this, and if the effect is even limited to one galaxy..

Question is, are they evil or just acting evil? The Asgard guard told Jackson, quote: "Get the device operational within one hour, or I will kill him, do you understand?"

Here's a few closeups if you want to speculate more about the thing in their heads. Doesn't look like "bleeding from a hole" to me, more like an interface cable. Hey, maybe a USB cable? Hahaha Oh come on, that was funny

Spinobreaker

[24]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 10
    well we've never known what there foot soldiers looked like, tell ya what one of those would take down a fair few jaffa lol

GrainneG

[25]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 7
    Not surprising at all, I found. I just knew it would be a smaller species inside the suits and when it was revealed what was inside the suit, I was like "Asgard, wow, didn't see that coming" *sarcasm

ebony_kunoichi

[26]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 13
    O.K. I dont think it is the Asgard, but does anyone remember the episode of SG-1 where the whole base was taken hostage and strung up by some unknown aliens? Please tell me I'm not the only one that remembers that episode. They never said who they were and SG-1 didnt know either. SO maybe it is them.

Or what about the Furlings? They are up there with the Asgard, replicators, Goauld, and others, but we've never seen them

Novadestin

[27]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 8
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    O.K. I dont think it is the Asgard, but does anyone remember the episode of SG-1 where the whole base was taken hostage and strung up by some unknown aliens? Please tell me I'm not the only one that remembers that episode. They never said who they were and SG-1 didnt know either. SO maybe it is them.

Or what about the Furlings? They are up there with the Asgard, replicators, Goauld, and others, but we've never seen them

Yes I remember the episode hehe and technically we have "seen" the Furlings...

TaquaDeldrant

[28]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 18
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    O.K. I dont think it is the Asgard
    Well, the video clip is quite convincing.

ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    but does anyone remember the episode of SG-1 where the whole base was taken hostage and strung up by some unknown aliens? Please tell me I'm not the only one that remembers that episode. They never said who they were and SG-1 didnt know either.
    Sounds like 3x14 Foothold.

ebony_kunoichi

[29]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 13

yeah that is the episode! foothold.

I saw the clip and I'm still having a hard time believing. Maybe it was put out there to throw us off. I like the asgard, but maybe they too hate the wraith.

Edited on 09/29/2008 10:14am

Maj_Wood

[30]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    I droped my moth open when I found out literaly!

Spinobreaker

[31]Sep 29, 2008
    well if someone can animate a photo realistic fully animated fake version of those suits in less than a day just to throw us off... i will hire them as a graphics artist NOW lol

zzbeach

[32]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 12
    You know with that battle armor the Asgard could have wiped out the Replicator bugs. They could have smashed their way through dozens of them. This may truly be a "Lost Tribe" of the Asgard. If memory serves, the Asgard had superior tech but lacked the experience of soldiers and couldn't conceive of an effective defense against the Replicators. Much like the Tolen. They had been at peace for so long that they didn't know how to fight. This "Lost Tribe" may be Asgard soldiers that were banished centuries ago because they couldn't adjust to life without war.

zzbeach

[33]Sep 30, 2008

OK here's a question: Who would win in a fight to the death. An Iron Man Asgard or a Kull Warrior from SG1? I say the Kull Warrior.

Idbeolderifiwas

[34]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 20
    zzbeach wrote:

OK here's a question: Who would win in a fight to the death. An Iron Man Asgard or a Kull Warrior from SG1? I say the Kull Warrior.

I think with all their superior technology the Asgard guys would win.

Spinobreaker

[35]Sep 30, 2008
    i think the Kull is sort of a bastardized version of this warrior, remember Anubis did get his tech from somewhere even though we only just found these guys relatively speaking they have probably been around for a lot longer...
    there energy weapons probably don't work on the Kull and there shield would protect them from the Kull
    one on one id say probably the Asgard because id b stronger but in a fire fight id say the Kull
    it didn't take much once the iron man Asgard lost his shield for him 2 go down even though it has a lot of shots hit it, relatively speaking the kull would still b moving forwards

MajLorne

[36]Oct 1, 2008
    Yeah it helps to have a go'auld symbiote to keep the warrior alive. But glad someone recognizes the similarity between this armor and the kull warrior armor.

zzbeach

[37]Oct 2, 2008
    Hey, I watched the last episode again and noticed something about the Iron Man Asgard who went down. He never fired back!! He took a defensive posture and stuck with it and died rather than fire back. Just thought I'd mention it.

MajLorne

[38]Oct 3, 2008
    Lol, Iron Man Asgard....
    But yeah, maybe the sheild took up too much power from weapons [stunners]. They said they would kill Daniel if Rodney didn't help operate the machine, but they probably wouldn't kill them. They aren't "that evil".

Spinobreaker

[39]Oct 3, 2008
    who knows they seem happy 2 screw over the galaxy by making all the stargates explode

MajLorne

[40]Oct 5, 2008
    Hem, maybe, but maybe they didn't know of the consequences. Then again since they have a ship, stargates are of no use to them.