TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Major SPOILER WARNING - The Lost Tribe

Spinobreaker

[41]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    exactly, and u notice janus's planet has no gate, does anyone else tihnk he tried to report back but it went boom during his first test run lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[42]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 21
    Hem interesting point about that, but since it was a secret base, I don't think he would conduct experiments on a planet with a gate on or above it.

Spinobreaker

[43]Oct 5, 2008
    well its not like hes got his own personal hyperspace ready ship that we know of lol or a hyper-jumper sitting around well he did have the time jumper but thats different... sort of lol... but we wont go there so yeah i tihnk it would of, gate 2 planet a turn around quickly dial secret base address b lol...

speeking of dialing, back in the quest in sg1 ( i know its a while back) but did anyone else other than me expect a screen similar to merlins decice to pop out of the dhd when adria started 2 mess with it, some interface screen with dianostics, because they dont really have one of those lol

AnneTeldy

[44]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 23

Spinobreaker wrote:
    exactly, and u notice janus's planet has no gate, does anyone else tihnk he tried to report back but it went boom during his first test run lol

MajLorne42 wrote:
    Hem interesting point about that, but since it was a secret base, I don't think he would conduct experiments on a planet with a gate on or above it.

You're making an assumption. The planet didn't have a gate we could see. It seems logical to me that Janus was quite capable of putting a gate on a planet without anyone in Atlantis knowing about. He could've then gated to any old world before going to one of his secret labs so there would be no record of the address. Alternately, he could have removed the address of an isolated, unused planet from Atlantis's database.

And, if the gate had gone BOOM in his experiment, he probably would've too.

Anne Teldy

Edited on 10/06/2008 3:55pm

Spinobreaker

[45]Oct 6, 2008
    well if u have a secret base u keep it away from the gate encase someone goes sight seeing u don't want they just randomly appearing, id expect him 2 have a jumper (the time one probably lol) where he flew from the gate to his base... that and how would he know what the side effect is, its not like no one used a gate for 3 days afterall lol
    Edited on 10/06/2008 10:16pm

sg_anazonda

[46]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 7

I think personally that it is just as likely that this might be a hoax to keep the interest for the episode at peak. Somthing that SciFi made to tease the viewer, or throw us off and keep us geussing what it is with the Asgard so we will be even more surprised when the REAL soldier shows his face.

Anyways. Zalenka says that a Stargate explosion equals 12 nukes... did anyone except for me notice the snow on the soldiers planet? Nuclear- or E.L.E-winter possibly?

Edited on 10/09/2008 1:35am
    Edited 2 total times.

Spinobreaker

[47]Oct 9, 2008
    10k year winter i doubt it maybe its in the pole to help hide the base... as for it being fake, if anyone in less than 24 hours of seeing that new enemy could make a fake copy of that suit in full detail like that and have an Asgard pop out of it, id hire them right now as a graphics artist without a second thought lol

MajLorne

[48]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 21
    sg_anazonda wrote:

I think personally that it is just as likely that this might be a hoax to keep the interest for the episode at peak. Somthing that SciFi made to tease the viewer, or throw us off and keep us geussing what it is with the Asgard so we will be even more surprised when the REAL soldier shows his face.

Anyways. Zalenka says that a Stargate explosion equals 12 nukes... did anyone except for me notice the snow on the soldiers planet? Nuclear- or E.L.E-winter possibly?

Hem, now that you mention it, I guess the whole gate on the planet thing was very likely afterall. The base would have a sheild to protect it from such an explosion.

sg_anazonda

[49]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 7

Spinobreaker wrote:
    ... as for it being fake, if anyone in less than 24 hours of seeing that new enemy could make a fake copy of that suit in full detail like that and have an Asgard pop out of it, id hire them right now as a graphics artist without a second thought lol

Just remember: It is not unseen that show creator, make alternate endings / recodings to keep leaks from happening or being beliveable... Take Simpsons for one where 3 seperate endings were made for the "Who shot burns" episodes. Just to keep it from leaking.

Notice that there are no sound effects What so ever, just Danile talking, on the clip there is linked to. It might just be a pre-production clip, but my thought might be just as reasonable... but we will see in a few hours.

Spinobreaker

[50]Oct 10, 2008
    its just an early production clip ive cn them before and its happened before heaps of times for both series... well any series, music and SFX is the last thing to be added so it dont surprise me there missing

Endgame65

[51]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 28
    Huh, didn't see that coming. The Asgard are the lost tribe, of course, now I find myself missing Supreme Commander Thor and Hermiod.

zan4

[52]Oct 10, 2008
    yea kinda of wish thor would of stayed around a bit longer.. Odds are with both tribes research am sure they would of been able to find a "cure"....

I wonder why they didnt ask them if they would of like to go back to earth....

ltcomstella

[53]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 18

the things in the heads do seem to be a nueral link

and the have what i'd call pips on their chests like a badge to show rank/leadership level.

the clip previously released was pre 2nd unit before effects and such.