Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread - Infection (possible spoilers)

lowriderz95s10

[1]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 67
    Please direct all discussion for "Infection" here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[2]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 21
    Finally a quality wraith based episode ever since the Queen or Lost Tribe.
    And again the special fx is just amazing. The detail of the hive ship splitting apart and then crashing into the ocean.
    And best of all Todd and Sheppard are at least on good terms again. I like Todd as an 'ally' than an enemy. If he was to be totally evil, then gone would be his 'humor'

haldrey

[3]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 22
    A good and tense episode. Love it. It a pity they are ending this show.

pwells01

[4]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 16
    This was a good, solid episode. I probably should like it more than I did, but for some reason I didn't think it was that great of an episode. Here are some thoughts:

It did move the whole wraith story along, finding out that the drug's side effect is lethal, at least for now. Todd's back, and after this episode, their alliance may yet be revived. There was good character development between Todd and the team, especially with Sheppard. This was the best part of the episode. Nice special effects with the ship breaking apart and also landing on water. The part with the hungry wraith was sort of a "Whispers 2".

pgsuperfan

[5]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 25
    I am just getting into the show and it's ending

MajLorne

[6]Dec 6, 2008

I totally agree about the 'Whispers 2' thing, also pretty gruesome when the wraith warriors killed one of the marines. I think it would be better off with the hand sucking the life out of a person rather than a slow painful death of being eaten alive.

A few things though: I was hoping that they would've given insight to how a hive ship was created rather than just the part the ship is part organic.

And what ever happened to the supposed 'turning wraith into human' gas from season 2-3? I mean if Todd wants an advantage, he could have used it upon an enemy hive ship and also allow his warriors to feed on the wraith turned human. And then there won't be this need to get rid of the 'feeding hand'. Or maybe that would've been too easy?

Edited on 12/06/2008 2:22pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Spinobreaker

[7]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 10
    Becketts retrovirus falls under the category of been there done that... so i know why they are trying to get away from it... and Shepard did mention it though

As for an ep it was great, i was a little disapointed from the hive hitting the ocean VFX (mainly because i do VFX myeself) but it would of been very difficult to do it properly anyway, what would of been interesting is if the wave smashed into Atlantis or something like that could of been funny, Woolsey could of made a "and you flooded the lower sections of the city... AGAIN..." comment

other than that a very good episode, and i cant wait for the next 3

id say 9/10

danharr

[8]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 45
    Good episode and I don't agree with this being filler I just think they're tying up loose ends to end the series. Great action, special effects and character interaction good job after having to wait a week for an episode.

MajLorne

[9]Dec 6, 2008

Spinobreaker wrote:
    Becketts retrovirus falls under the category of been there done that... so i know why they are trying to get away from it... and Shepard did mention it though As for an ep it was great, i was a little disapointed from the hive hitting the ocean VFX (mainly because i do VFX myeself) but it would of been very difficult to do it properly anyway, what would of been interesting is if the wave smashed into Atlantis or something like that could of been funny, Woolsey could of made a "and you flooded the lower sections of the city... AGAIN..." comment other than that a very good episode, and i cant wait for the next 3 id say 9/10
    Oh ok, I must've missed that. I'll have to rewatch the episode again.

And lol, that would've been a funny scene about 'flooding the city' again.

pinchasb

[10]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 13
    Ok episode not as good as last week. It has been done before not in this way but the same general concept. (And it was bit like Whispers)

Endgame65

[11]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 28
    The concept of the episode was solid. Personally I'm a huge fan of anything Sheppard anyway, and Todd makes a good good guy/bad guy depends on the day kinda guy. What I don't like is Keller and how they keep having episodes centered so much on her. Heck, Beckett didn't get this many episodes when he was alive and now they can't stop making episodes about her. It would have been better to focus more on the main team with maybe a little of her on the side. I'm not really looking forward to the next episode, but the episode after that "Vegas" should be pretty good.

zzbeach

[12]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 12
    It was a good episode but I think they could have done a better job of it. I would have had added to the plot. First, I would have had Woolsey and Sheppard have a private conversation after the decision to check out the Wraith ship a second time. Woolsey would have told Sheppard to find out how much technology Todd and the Wraith were able to steal while the Wraith had control of the Daedalus by using any means necessary including allowing Ronan to put the screws to Todd. Wraith ships with beam weapons and transporter technology is a horrific thought. Sheppard would reply he had no problem with that. Then in a scene later on Sheppard is interrogating Todd with Ronan and just where it starts to get tense and Ronan is pointing his weapon at Todd's chest the ship starts to fall apart. Then Sheppard makes the deal with Todd to let him go if Todd can save them. Then Todd is let go and good vibes between Sheppard and Todd abound. We all think we have an ally. Then Keller finds out that Todd altered the gene therapy to make his drone warriors more aggressive but the added aggression just made them hungrier and that's why they seem so out of control. Woolsey and Sheppard come to the realization that Todd wasn't trying to bring an end to hostilities between Wraith and Humans, he was trying to give his alliance an edge in the Wraith civil war by creating super soldiers. All the good vibes that were there when Todd was released disappear adding more uncertainty and drama. If Todd had enough information stolen from the Daedulus to alter the gene therapy, what else does he know. Beam weapon tech? transporter tech? Asgard hyper drives? The location of Earth? Would he use this information to make himself valuable to another hive ship and Queen? What happens when we meet Todd again? Is he friend or foe? Could have been a great two parter for the next Todd visit in season 6. We could call it "Todd: The Final Conflict." Oh what could have been in season 6....sob......sniff....

MajLorne

[13]Dec 7, 2008
    Damn, see this is why I wished you had input for this show, those ideas are so fantastic...

pinchasb

[14]Dec 8, 2008
    zzbeach wrote:
    It was a good episode but I think they could have done a better job of it. I would have had added to the plot. First, I would have had Woolsey and Sheppard have a private conversation after the decision to check out the Wraith ship a second time. Woolsey would have told Sheppard to find out how much technology Todd and the Wraith were able to steal while the Wraith had control of the Daedalus by using any means necessary including allowing Ronan to put the screws to Todd. Wraith ships with beam weapons and transporter technology is a horrific thought. Sheppard would reply he had no problem with that. Then in a scene later on Sheppard is interrogating Todd with Ronan and just where it starts to get tense and Ronan is pointing his weapon at Todd's chest the ship starts to fall apart. Then Sheppard makes the deal with Todd to let him go if Todd can save them. Then Todd is let go and good vibes between Sheppard and Todd abound. We all think we have an ally. Then Keller finds out that Todd altered the gene therapy to make his drone warriors more aggressive but the added aggression just made them hungrier and that's why they seem so out of control. Woolsey and Sheppard come to the realization that Todd wasn't trying to bring an end to hostilities between Wraith and Humans, he was trying to give his alliance an edge in the Wraith civil war by creating super soldiers. All the good vibes that were there when Todd was released disappear adding more uncertainty and drama. If Todd had enough information stolen from the Daedulus to alter the gene therapy, what else does he know. Beam weapon tech? transporter tech? Asgard hyper drives? The location of Earth? Would he use this information to make himself valuable to another hive ship and Queen? What happens when we meet Todd again? Is he friend or foe? Could have been a great two parter for the next Todd visit in season 6. We could call it "Todd: The Final Conflict." Oh what could have been in season 6....sob......sniff....

U should look do get hired as a consultant for the show.

zzbeach

[15]Dec 8, 2008
    Thanks guys...oh I'm blushing. Actually I can't understand why the characters show very little concern over what Todd may have downloaded from the Daedalus computer files. Such a transfer of technology would make his wraith rulers of the galaxy and a potential invasion of the Milky Way. Just for that Woolsey could have lost his job.
    Edited on 12/08/2008 7:07am

ebony_kunoichi

[16]Dec 8, 2008

yeah those were really good ideas. I do like that Todd survived, but it would be nice to have a future type stargat episode where the wraith and the humans are finally working as friends and the wraith received a retrovirus that worked. That is my wish. I was just happy to see todd again, Woooo he could have his own show. so frigging sexy.

zzbeach

[17]Dec 8, 2008
    Ebony once again you have confused all us men out here on the net. And if I had to guess you like it that way, because it keeps us dudes on our toes.

pwells01

[18]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 16
    zzbeach wrote:
    Thanks guys...oh I'm blushing. Actually I can't understand why the characters show very little concern over what Todd may have downloaded from the Daedalus computer files. Such a transfer of technology would make his wraith rulers of the galaxy and a potential invasion of the Milky Way. Just for that Woolsey could have lost his job.

I agree. As much as I love Todd as an ally, he does represent the greatest risk to us, with all the information he potentially gained from hacking on Atlantis and being on the Daedalus. The team should always get as much information as possible given the opportunity, rather than only what is needed at hand.

ebony_kunoichi

[19]Dec 8, 2008
    zzbeach wrote:
    Ebony once again you have confused all us men out here on the net. And if I had to guess you like it that way, because it keeps us dudes on our toes.

hahah! now that is funny! why? b/c I think Todd is hot? oh man he totally is. I think it's because I watch a lot of anime and long white hair is sooo attractive. Michael is hot too, but once again I love the evil ones. I find Marilyn Manson very very hot!

Shepard is cute too, but in a goofy take him home to the parents way. I want a man I CANT take home to mom and dad though. I just want to be wisked away and help my man take over the universe and kill those that try to resist.

CaptainHarkness

[20]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 23
    This episode was fantastic. Seeing the Wraith dying from a virus was pretty cool. I was a little surprised at what Sheppard did at the end. hopefully it doesn't come back to bite him in the ass.