We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread - Outsiders (possible spoilers)

lowriderz95s10

[1]Oct 17, 2008
    • level: 67
    Please direct all discussion for "Outsiders" here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Oct 17, 2008
    • level: 46
    Lots of action and nice to see Carson again for some reason didn't expect to see him so soon. I liked watching him take down the wraith but it was so obvious what was going to happen. Really just an action and run around in circles episode but sometimes a little action is all you need an ok episode imo.
    Edited on 10/17/2008 8:00pm

pwells01

[3]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 16
    Well, it was a pretty good episode to me. It was nice to see the whole team of four together, along with Beckett. But why did Teyla not sense the wraith was in town? Anyway, Beckett must be physically fine now, for a clone. And the best part was seeing the Beckett and McKay duo again, and Beckett taking charge! It was also good to know more of the fallout of Michael's use of the Hoffan drug.

I'm really not sure I liked Sheppard's idea this time, and the fact that the village leader was also alright with the plan and participating. Sheppard couldn't come up with anything better? He tricked the opposing villagers and sacrificed their lives in order to save the refugees. While the villagers were a pain, they did what they thought had to be done, and I don't think they deserved that fate.

zzbeach

[4]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 12
    I agree with you, pwells01. I would have had the leader, Elson, go to the Wraith and sacrifice himself in the trap. Then Sheppard and the other guy, Jervis, would have had a short conversation about how Elson made the ultimate sacrifice and then Jervis would vow that to change his ways and Elson's sacrifice would not be forgotten. But I did enjoy it and loved watching Carson back in action.

pwells01

[5]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 16
    Sheppard may still have thought (incorrectly) that Jervis was responsible for giving up McKay and Beckett, which may have made his decision easier. After watching the episode again, with Jervis peacefully surrendering to Elson and the group, their sacrifice was just not right. Anyway, the episode did remind me a little of "Line In The Sand", but with a different outcome.

pinchasb

[6]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 13
    Good episode. It was nice 2 c Sheppard so a plan that is morale problematic and can be debated if it was right or not. (It nice wan the hero can do something that may be wrong and not always right.)

Beany13

[7]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 7
    Was a boring and lame episode if you'd ask me.
    This stuff has been done so many times before in SG. And the fact the overal plot got just that little further through the (don't hassel the)hoffan drug, doesn't fit right to me. Especially considering this is the last season. Where are they going with this...

Spinobreaker

[8]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 10
    well dont forget they had already made most of the eps before they got the cancellation notice so they didn't have time 2 remake the end of the season like sg1 did

ebony_kunoichi

[9]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 13
    This eps is mostly a filler to me. It was kinda dull, but was great seeing Carson and Rodney interact.

rickytux22

[10]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 12
    Did they just leave the first group of Balarans that were captured. They never really showed them after they were brought to the gate. I kept expecting McKay and Beckett to run into them in a cell when the two were running around on the hive ship but they never showed the first group again.

Spinobreaker

[11]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    yeh i noticed that, i was just about to post the exact same thing... it was never explained, i guess in the end they were sacrificed as well