Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread - Tracker (possible spoilers)

lowriderz95s10

[1]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 67
    Please direct all discussion for "Tracker" here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Spinobreaker

[2]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    SCIFI PREVIEW

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=654344

MGM PREVIEW

http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=153

AnneTeldy

[3]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 23
    You forgot to pin this thread.

I tried to PM you about this twice yesterday, but the messages didn't show in my outbox.

Anne Teldy

123home123

[4]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 55
    The episode is OK so far but that moment when Ronon and Rodney are leading the people through the woods was hilarious. Rodney is helping to guide the people along the path and addresses a woman as a man. "I definitely saw a mustache."

lowriderz95s10

[5]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 67
    AnneTeldy wrote:
    You forgot to pin this thread.

I tried to PM you about this twice yesterday, but the messages didn't show in my outbox.

Anne Teldy

That's because I have no idea how with this horrible redesign.

Finnegan77

[6]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 27
    No one can pin threads apparently. Doesn't make it easy for the season premieres and mid-season finales over the next two weeks, does it?

I kinda lost interest half-way through this episode. Playing off the love triangle was a great concept, but it could have been much funnier! And give Rodney a chance, this type of adventure certainly gave Ronan the edge, didn't it? Or is this going to continue for the rest of the season and next week it will be Rodney's turn to show off? I'd rather see these guys acting like teammates than love rivals.

Super_Dooper

[7]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 15
    This ep was great! I'm on Ronan's side for sure in the love-triangle! I looooooved how Rodney was like, "I'm not going to fight you for it", and Ronan did his trademark smile.. I also loved the mustache comment too!

MajLorne

[8]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 21
    I'm going to be honest and say this is the worst episode this season. I mean sure they got the love triangle thing for any Ronan-Keller or Rodney-Keller shipper fans, but other than the neat traps [which were impossible to build in such a short time] and the funny way one wraith met his end. There just didn't seem like much was going for this episode and I kinda dozed off at some parts of the episode.
    The 'Jumper' effects were neat though, shame they couldn't keep that. Sure would've been nice to use in future episodes.

pwells01

[9]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 16
    Three's a crowd. I don't know if I like this love triangle going on in Atlantis. This was just an okay episode. Here are some other thoughts:

Ronon could definitely empathize with the other Runner.

That teleportation device would be nice to have!

Once the Runner was unconscious, or maybe after she gained his trust, Keller could have tried to radio Ronon/McKay, assuming the radio was still with them.

Keller is now brave and strong, while McKay is still McKay.

sinar121

[10]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    yea hope the love triangle don't last too long!

not so great eppy, not much really happened. seemed more like character development again. seems kinda like they like to split the group up for quite a few eppys, and usually ends up being character development stuff. sg1 was more of the whole team together, which i prefer

sinar121

[11]Sep 20, 2008
    MajLorne wrote:
    I'm going to be honest and say this is the worst episode this season. I mean sure they got the love triangle thing for any Ronan-Keller or Rodney-Keller shipper fans, but other than the neat traps [which were impossible to build in such a short time] and the funny way one wraith met his end. There just didn't seem like much was going for this episode and I kinda dozed off at some parts of the episode.
    The 'Jumper' effects were neat though, shame they couldn't keep that. Sure would've been nice to use in future episodes.

lol, dozed off? that's not good!

MajLorne

[12]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 21
    One episode was going to make me doze off and it may as well be this. Thing is aside from the 'jumper' [teleportation] tech, the episode is like Runner 2 only with the love triangle. Also a big let down from The Queen last week.

Kozmonster

[13]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 14

Dull, dull, dull, dull, dull.

Love triangles hold no interest for me. Sure McKay's attempts to essentially woo Keller are sweet, but don't base an entire episode around it! Certaintly the worst episode so far in this season and even though this is the last season would it kill the writers to put in some semblance of a story-arc? Don't get me wrong, stand alones are great. Some of the best episodes are stand alones but without some sort of connection between the episodes there is nothing to tell me that what I'm watching is from the same season. I could watch them in any order and it would barely make any difference.

danharr

[14]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 45
    Ok episode but yes a lot of wasted potential. The love triangle could've been much funnier and the phase tech and the runner could've been handled much better. As far as worst of the season I don't know about that but certainly nothing special.

TVvuer69

[15]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 58

Below average for me considering the "struggle to survive in the forest" plot has been recycled yet again. For this series alone, it's been done in Runner, Missing, Harmony, and I'm sure a couple of others that don't come to mind yet. The only thing different are the characters spotlighted in those episodes. The only things interesting about this one were the teleporter and the fact Keller's got more balls than Rodney when she stabbed a Wraith from behind, then came to his defense against another. Her interaction with Kiryk was pretty good, too. And she was able to figure out the right way to disable the more sophisticated tracking device without having to remove it. Definite kudos for her in this episode. But for the others and the recycled plot, I didn't much care.

Idbeolderifiwas

[16]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 20
    Well it wasn't the greatest episode ever but still not the worst of the series. The love triangle thing doesn't really do it for me either, but I didn't mind so much. I do wish they could have got their hands on that armband thing but oh well, maybe if the show had continued they would have found the sophisticated people who gave the thing to him. I'm really looking forward to the next episodes (The 2 parter with Daniel) though because we may finally get some action in this season that has mostly been character development.

pinchasb

[17]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 13

Ok episode but I can see way the show is being cancelled there is no story arc in this season.

The love triangle was nice. It fixed a bit of what thy didn't do in the 4 season. (Rodney crosh on Carter that was don from Sg-1 and the first 3 season of Atlantis I was hoping thy would have fun with it in Atlantis in thy blow it).

Dos anyone no who u complain to for the new site its terrible.

D-LinkUK

[18]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 24

I have to agree, the episode was'nt great and i'm not sure about this love triangle though in saying that it has been developing since season 4 but very quietly in the background.

At least next weeks episode looks good and Jackson is in it

Oh and i also hate the new layout of the site.

sinar121

[19]Sep 21, 2008
    pinchasb wrote:

Dos anyone no who u complain to for the new site its terrible.

u are not alone! u can go here:
    redesign feedback

kevinmorrison

[20]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 2
    Overall a satisfactory episode. But I'm not a fan of the "love triangle" as most of you have referred to it. I fear it may be the first step towards turning what, in my opinion, was one of the most sucessful scifi series into a soap opera with decent special effects. At least the o'Niel/Carter romance was never fully explored on SG-1. Here they have no choice but to deal with it, and with the series now coming to an end, it would be a shame to see the team experience the same fate.
    Edited on 09/22/2008 3:31pm