Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Ori vs. Wraith

Moviemaster2222

[1]Jul 15, 2006
    • level: 16

Ok this is all a question i know we've been waiting for,

If the wraith and the Ori got into a fight who would win.

I say wraith, despite numerous differences comparing Ori to Ancients one major thing comes to mind, the Ori and Ancients were/are 2 of the most arrogant races in the universe. I bet just like the Ancients the Ori will ignore theWraith thinking they can kill them any time they want. but when they do decide to go after the Wraith it be too late.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Jul 15, 2006
    • level: 45
    Plus the wraith beat the Ancients and the Ori are what an evil version of the Ancients.  I don't think that being ruthless is enough for the ori the wraith would win imo.

Sambu21

[3]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 11
    i think the ori! because on a one on one basis our ships can hold their own against a wraith ship, but we are completly out matched by the ori. plus the wraith only won by numbers and now the ori have a whole galaxy or 2 filled with humans that will fight for the ori.

UniversalDave

[4]Jul 16, 2006

Sambu21 wrote:
    i think the ori! because on a one on one basis our ships can hold their own against a wraith ship, but we are completly out matched by the ori. plus the wraith only won by numbers and now the ori have a whole galaxy or 2 filled with humans that will fight for the ori.

i agree with this guy
    Edited on 07/16/2006 4:21am
    Edited 2 total times.

tonychan-cd

[5]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 4
    Sounds like Alien vs Predator

dh4645

[6]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 15
    Sambu21 wrote:

i agree too.

dontualexandru

[7]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 1
    Depends where it happens. The fight will take place in Atlantis or SG-1. If it`s in atlantis McKay will somehow make the kill eachother...but on neutral ground i`ll say the Wraith.. I mean the Ory gain their strnght from the followers.....the wraith eat the followers no more power.. Thank God for McKay.

FrostyThe2nd

[8]Jul 21, 2006
    I think the Ori will win. The Ori are ascended beings in a higher plane of existence while the Wraith are corporeal entities like that of humans, Goauld and even Asgard. The Ori has a better knowledge of the universe and with knowledge comes power. Besides, even if the Wraith did chase away the Ancients, the Wraith technology probably hasn't advanced as much as the Ancients nor the Ori simply because the Wraith fell asleep for 10,000 years after the Ancients left Pegasus. The Ancients still continued to learn to use their tech to ascend even after they left Pegasus. So if Ancients and Oris are at the same level, then the Wraith won't even know what hit them.

dawnscats

[9]Jul 21, 2006
    I think the Ori would win mostly because: 1. They are supposed to have superior technology, ie fast and more powerful ships. 2. They are able to affect others without touching them, ie spreading deadly viruses with but a wave of the pryor's staff. While the Wrath have to touch their victim to kill them (not counting weapons, since the pryors have the abilty to get rid of them with telekinesis).

zhangliao1

[10]Jul 22, 2006
    • level: 6
    firstly can i point out its prior

secondly last i checked the wraith only had 60 ships left

and thirdly im in australia so i havent seen any of atlantis season 2 and 4 eps of season 9 sg-1

Darkness1234

[11]Jul 22, 2006
    • level: 13
    If you mean an actual ascended Ori the, Wraith have no chance. Remember the episode where an ascended Ancient destoryed that Wraith ship with just a light. lol

If you mean 1 Prior vs 1 Wraith, I would think it will be a very close match.

zhangliao1

[12]Jul 22, 2006
    i think its pretty obvious that he means a war between the 2

as i said i have only seen the first season of atlantis so all iv seen is that the wraith only have 60 ships left you know if the ancients knew that you would think they would go back to the galaxy in a few years with more ships to finish them off meh anyway

tennessee6

[13]Aug 26, 2006
    even those the ori are the evil versions of the anicents that not mean the wraith can beat the ori

Haiyadragon

[14]Aug 26, 2006
        In a space battle the Ori would win big time even againts all Wraith ships. Land battle I guess the Wraith as long as they have sufficient troops because priors are pretty slow and are useless when distracted. Ori troops (farmers) are nothing againts Wraith. Kill nine suck one dry and so on.

But if Ori just wanted to destroy Wraith they'd never need to fight any ground battles. And if the Pegasus galaxy doesn't have any ascended beings hanging around "protecting" it, because apparently they claim precisely one galaxy per kind, they could just wish the Wraith away.

philmore9

[15]Aug 26, 2006
    I dunno I think the opposite if we're talking known ships to exist.  I think the Ws got em in a space battle. It's a numbers game. We know there's 50-60 wraith ships in Pegasus. (I know we've destroyed some but I'm sure the Ancients destroyed a lot more in 100 yrs of war so they must be able to build more and stopped at 60 just to conserve resources) Plus all their cruisers and support ships. And there's only three Ori ships in Milky Way. Adria said many more are on the way but even if it were say 47 (keep the numer round), that's a 6-1 ratio (avg 4 cruisers per hive based on "The Siege" and others) against our favorite ascended evildoers. A hive is bigger than even an Ori ship. With all those darts making suicide runs and weapons fire, not even the Ori could stand up to that. Someone said a prior and a W would be a good match. I don't think so with the powerful telekinesis. Maybe 20 smart, soldier W but still that wouldn't be a prob. I don't think there are that many ships in the ori galaxy cause in "Origin" S9 the doci said "Ships will be buld to carry our armies" implying they don't have battleships just lying around. Ok, maybe I have too much time on my hands but I think about this sometimes.

shadowspy24

[16]Aug 27, 2006
    philmore9 wrote:
    I dunno I think the opposite if we're talking known ships to exist. I think the Ws got em in a space battle. It's a numbers game. We know there's 50-60 wraith ships in Pegasus. (I know we've destroyed some but I'm sure the Ancients destroyed a lot more in 100 yrs of war so they must be able to build more and stopped at 60 just to conserve resources) Plus all their cruisers and support ships. And there's only three Ori ships in Milky Way. Adria said many more are on the way but even if it were say 47 (keep the numer round), that's a 6-1 ratio (avg 4 cruisers per hive based on "The Siege" and others) against our favorite ascended evildoers. A hive is bigger than even an Ori ship. With all those darts making suicide runs and weapons fire, not even the Ori could stand up to that. Someone said a prior and a W would be a good match. I don't think so with the powerful telekinesis. Maybe 20 smart, soldier W but still that wouldn't be a prob. I don't think there are that many ships in the ori galaxy cause in "Origin" S9 the doci said "Ships will be buld to carry our armies" implying they don't have battleships just lying around. Ok, maybe I have too much time on my hands but I think about this sometimes.

it doesn't matter about numbers, the ori ships are so much more superior than hive ships I mean did you watch "Counterstrike" the ori ship destroyed 3 hatak class goauld motherships like it was nothing so I doubt hive ships will be a problem.

Firstly hive ships have no shields so one shot from the ori ship would take out about 5 or 6 ships in one go. Secondly Ori ships have impenetrable shields that not even the asgard can dent so 1000 hive ships probably couldn't do much damage to it.

philmore9

[17]Aug 27, 2006
    i did see "counterstrike" and there's do doubt the ori main gun is strong. was that blue powerplant that cam was gonna blow up an ori zpm or equiv? i don't think they even have point defence weapons (like against 302s/darts) so as long as the W used some tactics i.e. protecting the hives with the cruisers, attacking from the rear (lol), and constant barrage of energy weapons even the ori shields couldn't take it forever. sure it'd take a while but W have a lotta ships. hey that reminds me, in "homecoming" didn't they fly a 302 in hyperspace for a second to get through anubis's shields? what's keeping them from doing the same on an ori ship? i'll admit i missed "camelot" and the first half of "flesh and blood"

kanniballl

[18]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 18
    People are saying "Ori == different version of Ancients, and Wraith beat Ancients, therefore Wraith > Ori"

What they're forgetting is when the Wraith faced off against the Ancients they were still corporeal.  They hadn't advanced to Ascended (or near-Ascended) beings the Ori are.

• The Ori are Ascended beings walking the razor-edge of the rules.
    • Their tech is very advanced, considering the only thing capable of destroying their ship thus far has been a gate-swoosh effect MANY miles wide.  Meanwhile the earth ships have held their own (somewhat) against the Wraith ships.
    • Unlike the Ancients, the Ori have MANY MANY followers willing to die for them.  This helps balance out the major Wraith advantage of numbers.

Sure, if the Ori were simply just human-based Asurans (with some abilities like healing) and with the same number of citizens they'd get owned for sure.  But the Ori have cheating Ascendents, Priors, big ships, and huge armies.

Spinobreaker

[19]Aug 28, 2006
    • level: 10
    anyone sayin the wraith would win is thick
    imagine if one ori ship went up againt a wraith fleet of hundreds it would win
    come on we didn't even dint it with 2 or ourse, and asguard and a dozen + hataks on 4
    and a 304 can take on a hive on its own relativly safley

zhangliao1

[20]Aug 30, 2006
    well now iv seen season 9 i can definatly say the ori would win

for one the ancients lost because they didnt have the numbers

and remember now the ori are ascended they have more knowledge then the ancients of those days had

also well even though the ori ships are probably superior to ancient ships they wouldnt be superior enough to take out a few wraith ships

but as i said the wraith only have 60 left and the ori have an entire galaxy

lol on ground the ori would win even easyer for one the priors could shield the ori troops from the wraith weapons then as i said the ori have more followers meaning more numbers then the wraith

also why dont the priors use one of their tricks from their bottomless trick bag to kill the wraith