Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Poll: War and Peace (by Leo Tolstoy)

Do you think Sheppard will finish reading his book?

im52xmax

[1]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 6

Ok, so it's been a running gag since Season 3 (could be earlier, I first remember it from "Enemies"), that John Sheppard brought this book as reading material to the expedition, and he mentioned that he can't leave the galaxy without finishing reading it. I just thought that since (so unfortunately) the show it's coming to an end this season, was just wondering if they'll bring that up, and if so, what's gonna be the outcome.

Yeah, i know it's kind if a silly question, but I couldn't help thinking about it. And I realize they already shot the remaining chapters so it's not exactly a suggestion for the producers, although I'd love it if they brought that up, maybe in one of the upcoming movies? Or maybe he'll never finish it, hinting that Sheppard (and the rest of SGA) will never leave the Pegassus Galaxy or their quest.

Anyone else got any thoughts on the subject?

Edited on 10/20/2008 12:30am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 45
    If the show has an ending with true finality then it's possible they'll mention it as he steps into the gate to go back to Earth it would be fun if they did so.

gmvail23

[3]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 50
    It was actually first mentioned in Season 1. It was his one personal item. I like the answer above.