Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Producer Mallozzi Blogs Atlantis Movie Scenes

zzbeach

[1]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 12

On Gateworld.net, they have posted an article based on Joe Mallozzi's blog that hinted at how the writers and producers were going to start the movie Extinction. Apparently Atlantis has a virus in the computer that will start the self destruct sequence if Atlantis is taken out of the Pegasus galaxy. There is a race against time trying to get Atlantis back before the whole place goes up. You can read the article here:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/06/mallozzi-teases-stargate-extinctions-opening-scenes/

I must say that this is a bad idea. If this is the best that Wright and his bozos can come up with, then it's probably best that the Stargate franchise has ended.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

frostbite200

[2]Jun 15, 2011
    • level: 21
    Was kinda hoping for something bigger, when i heard the title was going to be Extinction, i assumed it would be the Wrath, they needed to end that storyline.

zzbeach

[3]Apr 23, 2013
    • level: 12

On Gateworld.net, Joe Mallozzi let's out a bit more of the plot of the Atlantis movie that was never made. Here is a link:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2013/04/stargate-atlantis-producer-reveals-more-of-unfilmed-movie/

After reading it, I am more convinced that it would have been a terrible movie. What really should have happened was to make "Enemy at the Gate" a dvd movie and have the SG1 cast written in. How can you have an attack on Earth without the SG1 cast?

MajLorne

[4]Sep 20, 2013
    • level: 21
    Been a while since i came back here. Damn that plot does sound bad. I do agree, they should've just expanded the finale to either 1.5 hrs or 2 hrs and did everything there. The whole thing felt rushed and easily could've been expanded to make it a better finale. But it would've been nice if they expanded more on the rouge asgards than the lame 'fillers' towards the end of season5.
    Agreed about SG1. I just hope the zpm wasn't lost with the chair at area 51. Would be nice if they were to mention it.