Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

SGA Finale Spoiler

TaquaDeldrant

[61]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 18
    wingsabre wrote:
    So? The original Enterprise, and A had 3 captains at command. Carter and Cameron held the same rank. You can have the same rank with someone but, one of them may be the leader.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.
    I'm aware that even if people are of the same rank they can still be commanding officer/subordinate officer to each other, usually depending on seniority.
    What I was trying to say, was that there are certain duties and responsibilities associated with different ranks. The higher up you get, the more command responsibility you're given. A commander would be responsible for a group of people under his/her command. When everybody has the rank of commander, there is no one left to command.

(Way to stay on topic! )

MajLorne wrote:
    So maybe there were problems with the writting and script in the Star Trek series then.

That's what I was thinking.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MajLorne

[62]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 21
    Yeah, not to knock ST TOS, but eh dunno it was a 'new concept' and to be honest TNG is way better.

Back on topic, to Idbeolderifiwas and sinar121, lol so true, that'd be a very long wait for me xD

wingsabre

[63]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 13
    MajLorne wrote:
    Yeah, not to knock ST TOS, but eh dunno it was a 'new concept' and to be honest TNG is way better.

Back on topic, to Idbeolderifiwas and sinar121, lol so true, that'd be a very long wait for me xD

I found DS9, better, but after TOS, it seems that the series seriously forgot to acknowledge enlisted officers. DS9 did some of that, but it's odd that everything was ran by officers.

MajLorne

[64]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 21
    It's been years since I saw DS9, the whole concepts of ST has gotten lost to me..
    Plus technically DS9 is a whole space station though rather than just the Defiant and other ships right?

sciencegeek51

[65]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 8

Few TV producers ever seem to get military ranks and promotions straight - usually ones who actually have military experience, like Gene Roddenberry or Don Bellisario...

and they need to be involved in the day to day production work to be able to head off any errors made by the writers.

But for those of us who have been rooting for McKay & Keller ..... the photos make for big smiles..... and judging by the looks from Carson & his earlier line in outsiders pressing Rodney for details about who he is interested in.... would not surprise me if the good doctor hadn't had a hand in getting things moving... lol.. though that is pure speculation.

pinchasb

[66]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 13
    I have a few friends in the military and thy tell me that Stargate is not bad wan it comes to the ranks and other military things. But thy are in the Israeli army not US army.