Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Should I try out Atlantis?

magnetiite

[1]Oct 31, 2010
    • level: 2

I've watched SG-1 about two times over and I was wondering if Atlantis was any good? I really think SG-1 worked well together as a team. Not sure about Atlantis, because I only watched a few episodes they were in with SG-1. Not sure how to feel about Rodney McKay. Some like him, others think he's kind of annoying. I don't know about the rest of the Atlantis team though. I didn't mind Weir when I first saw her in season 8 of SG-1.

So, should I try out Atlantis or keep watching SG-1?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainHarkness

[2]Nov 3, 2010
    • level: 23

You should definitely give Atlantis a try. they have some great episodes in there and sometimes I even thought it was better than SG-1. If you're up for something different also try Stargate Universe.

magnetite2

[3]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 1
    Bought the pilot episode off iTunes to try out and it was pretty decent. Might give the first season a shot one of these days.

seto1

[4]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 16
    For me the only problem i had with Atlantis was that they were able to get back to earth too soon, the show shined when they were out there alone fighting for survival.On the whole its a great show with a few episode that toped the best of SG1 i would gladly recommend it.

magnetite2

[5]Nov 30, 2010
    • level: 1
    Actually bought the entire series, and from the sounds of it, it's pretty good. I had my doubts about McKay, but he's not that bad. Pretty funny at times. Just finishing up the fourth season. I would rate it 9/10.

seto1

[6]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 16
    Have you notice that Carter is not quite as smart on that show,the same is true of Rodney on Sg1 the stars always gotta shine i guess .

MajLorne

[7]May 23, 2011
    • level: 21

Carter was the figurehead, so she isn't going to be counted on as much for her science knowledge. That's more McKay's job. So not dumbing down, just pushed aside. Plus I like Carter, but I never felt she was the leader type just like in season 8 SG1.

seto1 wrote:
    For me the only problem i had with Atlantis was that they were able to get back to earth too soon, the show shined when they were out there alone fighting for survival.On the whole its a great show with a few episode that toped the best of SG1 i would gladly recommend it.
    Well the idea was to end SG-1 after season 8 and continue with just Atlantis. But SG1 was too popular to can and got 2 more seasons. I know fans like the 1st season, but for me the space battles in season 4-5 were epic for this show.

Edited on 05/23/2011 9:22pm