Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Stargate: Universe poll

bad or good idea?

crtoddity

[1]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 33
    Think they should stick to doing MORE things with the other two shows or do you think you might like watching something new?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JESSPARKY

[2]Nov 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    IMO anything stargate is a great idea. I'm looking forward to Universe immensley. I'm looking forward to SGA features a little more, but I'll take any stargate where I can get it.

osdawaya16

[3]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 28
    Agreed. I'm sick of people who talk about not watching it because it doesn't sound like Stargate. I'm willing to support the franchise I fell in love with, even if everyone is going to rip it to pieces. I wish people would wait until the show actually starts before they make assumptions.

pinchasb

[4]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    I loved SGA it is my 3TH favored show. But as season 5 goes on I see why it needs to end. For one it looks like they don't know what 2 do any more. Almost every show is a stand alone. So it is batter 2 end SGA wan it is still good before it is not.

As for SGU I am defiantly looking forward for it. Even if it sounds a little like Star Trek: Voyager but Voyager was not that good and I hope SGU can show them how it is done like they did in SG-1 and SGA.

CaptainHarkness

[5]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 23

I don't like the idea of them wanting to appeal a younger audience.

2drama

[6]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 3
    well anything Stargate will fix my stargate addiction thank goodness for Sanctuary ,i love you Amanda tapping

jabalong

[7]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 4
    Just like with Star Trek, I'm not a fairweather fan (unlike those who didn't support Enterprise) and will watch any Stargate. That said, I'm very disappointed that Atlantis is being cancelled as it has great characters (better than SG-1 in my opinion) and it ought to have many years more left in it. I'm also not initially that enthused by the Universe concept, which sounds like a ripoff of Star Trek Voyager. When you think about it, Stargate seems to be apping Trek, with the first spinoff Atlantis being a bit like DS9 (a far-off outpost) and now Universe following Voyager (lost crew far from home). Anyway, I'll still watch Universe and no doubt enjoy it.