Stargate Atlantis Forums

Syfy (ended 2009)

Support A Stargate:Atlantis Movie

zzbeach

[1]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 12
    I'm starting this thread to get people to support an Atlantis dvd movie. Please summit email addresses, polls, write in campaigns, websites, petitions and anything else that will help us convince the people at Stargate/MGM and at the SyFy channel to begin production on an Atlantis dvd movie. I'm begging the forum moderator to pin this thread so all will see it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seto1

[2]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 16
    Im behind you the way we really are in need of an atlantis movie to end it .So in support of anything that gets me that movie...anything.

zzbeach

[3]Nov 3, 2009

Just found this website. Looks promising.

http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign

zzbeach

[4]Nov 3, 2009

Gateworld.com has a save Atlantis forum at:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=10187057#post10187057

Come on guys, let's get the promise Atlantis movie going before it's too late.

Crais_luvr

[5]Nov 10, 2009
    • level: 4
    Give us the conclusion to SGA! Start the movie now!

Chem-Imbalance

[6]Nov 12, 2009
    • level: 3
    I miss SGA, I really do.

wedgeantilles54

[7]Nov 13, 2009

It appears the SG-1 movie is moving forward, which is probably a good sign for the atlantis movie as well

CaptainHarkness

[8]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 23
    We need SG: Extinction to be made. Hopefully they'll start something soon. MGM is up for sale now, so I don't know how that is going to affect this and SG: Revolution.

zzbeach

[9]Jan 25, 2010

Ladies and gentlemen, I have to come to you with a heavy heart. It appears that an Atlantis movie will never be made. Here is a link to an event where the audience asks Jason Momoa (Ronan Dex) questions and one of the questions is about an Atlantis movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kenDSCc9yrQ&feature=related

You couple the problems Jason said with the fact that he has now been cast as the new Conan, you might as well kiss the Atlantis movie good bye. It's makes the cancellation of Firefly by FOX look like a genius move! Oh what could have been...

TeaOmen

[10]Feb 3, 2010
    • level: 1
    I don't want a movie. I want another season!

H_Louise

[11]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 53
    I don't mind if I get another series, a mini series or a movie - as long as we get something! Starting to get Atlantis withdrawal!

seto1

[12]Feb 19, 2010
    I Know what you mean,im geting it to.I find myself facing home on evenings to watch it on syfy and stay up late on friday nights as well,this show is greatly missed.I had never thought that any show could knock SG1 off its number one spot in my head but atlantis did so with some effort.For the most part it was alot more quicker than SG1 right from the start,it ended on a lol which is why a movie is needed in my mind.

H_Louise

[13]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 53
    Totally agree seto1! I was the same, when SGA first came on I couldn't see myself liking it when compared with SG1 - then I just fell in love with it. I also thought that it just got better year on year and when I finally watched the end of season 5 I just thought why did they end it when its so good.

Already signed every petition I've come across so far! There's a few on the petitionspot site as well and twitter?

Frenz9

[14]Apr 19, 2010
    • level: 10
    It just seems ridiculous that they canceled this series, it had very good ratings didn't it?

Somewhere i read that they wanted to end it on a high night before it got stale, but that entitles an ending.

But then again, networks making bad decisions is nothing new these days.

wedgeantilles54

[15]Apr 21, 2010

evenwith Jason being cast as Connan it is still possible that an Atlantis movie can be made, keep in mind that it all comes down to the shooting schedule for Connan but its still possible that is if MGM ever sorts out its finical problems which have put almost all of their projects not already shooting on hold as indcated by the recent news that the new Bond movie which was supposed begin shooting soon has been put on indefinate hold. The finical problems are most likely the reason the both the Atlantis and SG-1 movies haven't moved forward.
    Though if you ask me putting projects that could bring in huge amounts of revenue such a new bond film on hold is not the best way for MGM to solve its problems, the same could be said for the stargate films albeit on a smaller scale.

Form what i have read the scripts for both films are ready to go and alot of the preproduction work has already been done. so if MGM isn't willing to move forward why don't they sell the franchise to someone who is or prehaps find a partner to work with to get the films made?

Edited on 04/21/2010 7:57pm

seto1

[16]Apr 27, 2010

Thats a good idea in theory at least but as always the mighty dollar always dictate what shows. Atlantis did have ok rating but not great ratings and that slump started after the third season and continued to the end.I guess the exec thought lets make a clean kill not make this to painfull.I may not agree but im looking at it from the biased view of a fan.Ill still be here ranting to whoever listened and until next time,7th chevron lock.

martintallon

[17]May 30, 2010
    • level: 2

You know this might be out there, but with the introduction of wormhole drive in the final episode of Atlantis I see the possibility of a rescue ship or even a crew replacement sometime in Universe's future. After Atlantis is repaired and ready for flight again I would love to see it come to the rescue of the Destiny. Afterall with wormhole drive it shouldn't take much longer than a trip to Pegasas in the Daedalus or Prometheus.

jrsgalaxy

[18]May 30, 2010
    • level: 14

Whats the email address for MGM and Syfy so I can email them?

seto1

[19]Jun 26, 2010
    martintallon wrote:

You know this might be out there, but with the introduction of wormhole drive in the final episode of Atlantis I see the possibility of a rescue ship or even a crew replacement sometime in Universe's future. After Atlantis is repaired and ready for flight again I would love to see it come to the rescue of the Destiny. Afterall with wormhole drive it shouldn't take much longer than a trip to Pegasas in the Daedalus or Prometheus.

Im thinking thats highly doubtfull if not imposible.For one thing the destiny has been travelling for centuries we are not sure exactly where it is in relation to earth so jumping there would be a problem.Another thing jumping to a relativly close galaxy drained alot of the city's power so im guessing they are going to need alot of zpms to go across at least 30galaxies .

MajLorne

[20]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 21
    Yup, totally correct. The only way back is to gate home. The Destiny can recharge itself, but with just FTL, there's no way it can get back in anyone's lifetime.
    On the flipside Atlantis has the wormhole drive, but can't recharge itself and ZPMs [batteries] aren very hard to find. Would be awesome if one day they discover how to make them.